Little things that wind you up.

Bugsy

Quite right, I used to at least give them a try, a bit off a tug/snap/tear/whatever, but now I'm wiser and just go straight for the sharp knives.  And what about the dishwasher tablets that just drop straight to the bottom of the dishwasher without dissolving, they shrug off just enough detergent to leave an oozing, gooey mess over whatever was beneath the dispenser.

And why are needles so hard to thread nowadays?

But we have to sew don't we, 'cos they sew buttons on using a cunning system that manages to hold each one on using a single thread, that doesn't actually seem to be attached to anything [6]

And why so many sticky labels on new windows, and just what do they make that glue out of, that neither white spirit nor acetone will remove it?  Who is responsible, I would so like to speak to him!

Not so much the 'easy open' ones, because as already mentioned, gave up on those years ago; out come the scissors and job done.

It's the (normally dog food) 'fresh seal' ones that do my head in.      You need the 20/20 vision of an airforce pilot coupled with the dexterity of touch of a top surgeon in order to get the stupid edges lined up and even then half away across the packet, the first end normally pops out.   Actually as of yesterday gave up on them as well, and armed myself with two pegs to close the stupid packet !!

Glad to know you are full of beans.  I do think they mean wind as in what you do to clocks and not wind as in gusts of air (refreshing or otherwise).  But, keep eating those beans as I believe they are very good for you.

Back on topic:  pull rings where the ring stays attached to the top before the top is separated from the tin.

The OH doing the washing-up and leaving the water in the bowl; thereby ensuring that I either, some time later ...

a.  have to tip away icy cold greasy water and then clean out the bowl and the sink .....

or worse

b.   without thinking, assume its hot water, and plunge dishes in.    Then I have to stick my hands in icy cold greasy water, to get the dishes back out, and, adding insult to injury, then follow a above.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr