Re: For all those who intend going back

britgirl

[quote user="Cerise"] What daft questions - most people would neither know nor care about such things..[/quote]

Agreed - I got 50% - but I don't think citizenship depends on knowledge of extreme statistics - and as a previous poster said - who really cares. 

And quite a lot of the questions were not really relevant to life in the UK!! 

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Failed as well and I live here (most of the time)]

[/quote]

Well I lived there until late last year - AND - I am supposed to know these things as an information professional as was!

I maintain that these are the sorts of questions dreamt up by civil servants with nothing else better to do (and for my sins I was one of those for about 6 months of my nearly 40 yr working life!) and have no real relevance for normal daily living.

Flashed through in a couple of minutes for a miserable 11/24 and 46%

What utterly ridiculous questions though, who knows or cares which year women were given the right to divorce their husbands for instance or if the number of under 19 year old's is 13, 14, 15 or 16 million. What on earth has any of that that to do with becoming a British citizen.

It's not a test of Britishness at all but simply a question of whether you can memorise what they say in the handbook or not [:-))]

[quote user="AnOther"]

What utterly ridiculous questions though, who knows or cares which year women were given the right to divorce their husbands

It's not a test of Britishness at all but simply a question of whether you can memorise what they say in the handbook or not [:-))]

[/quote]

no 1) Well I do as it happens, but even more as it happens, I should have known - and didn't!!

no 2) Indeed, or as I spent most of my life doing - looking up the answers when I needed them!

[quote user="Frenchie"]If anybody could find a " test of Britishness " I'd be interested in doing it !! [;-)][/quote]

Surely this has been on the forum before - and the suggestion was which team do you support eg cricket, football etc.  That might be the nearest one can ever get to real Britishness.

Be re-assured that if you ever want to get your foot back into the UK all you will need to do is learn the names of the East Enders cast and watch Big Brother, for that is, what seems to me, passes for general knowledge these days.

Both OH and I got a miserable 54% and thus the big 'F'.

I was rather hoping that she'd pass so that they'd let her back in & then I could set myself up as an international playboy.[;-)]

BTW, 2 questions didn't offer you one of the 2 answers, so I claim "foul".