Re: Favourite quotations...

MrCanary

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My late Father whenever he got a new car - "you had better show me where the gears are on this one son!"

Understandable today with 6 speed flappy paddle tiptronic DSG boxes appearing even on diesels but this was before the first car appeared with a 5 speed box (Austin Maxi) and I had only just started secondary school!

My long term friends have never forgotten and whenever I show them a new (to me) car they trot out the line.

[quote user="J.Rs gone native"]

"if she is not good enough for the rest of the boys in the village she is not good enough for my son!"

My late mother (who had a great sense of humour) when I  proudly told her that I had finally found a decent girl.

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is; I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute".- Rebecca West.

I like the first one Pierre, though the lino does get a few holes in it with time !

"The rainy days that a man saves for usually seem to arrive during his vacation."

Author: Unknown

"Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet..."

Author: Roger Miller

Well I'm going out right now to see if I can walk with the dogs !   [:D]