SO ... who have you met, then?

Cassis

[quote user="Cassis"]I suppose we could all just get drunk together in front of our computer screens one evening.  Hang on, that's just the same as any other night, isn't it?  Maybe we could make it different by starting at breakfast time.
[/quote]

Getting together at breakfast time or getting drunk at breakfast time?  [blink]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Lori"]Will - I'm sure you are right.  I was really just kidding around when I agreed the forum should take part. 

If anyone was ever interested in getting together in my neck of the woods, I'd be happy to host it (assuming it didn't get huge - which I doubt it would).  Only problem is, very few of you all live near me and I don't think anyone would be interested in taking the train.

Too bad because I think it could be lots of fun.

[/quote]

If you are prepared to host it I will provide the live music but would ask in return food, drink and a bed for me and my musiciens for the night. 

[quote user="Cassis"]I suppose we could all just get drunk together in front of our computer screens one evening.  Hang on, that's just the same as any other night, isn't it?  Maybe we could make it different by starting at breakfast time.
[/quote]

We do that all the time - where've you been Phil?

[quote user="Will "][quote user="Chris Head"]

I reckon Living France should select the venue and pay for all food and drink, it could be a good story for them.

Chris

[/quote]

A very, very long time ago (well, it was only four or five years, but that's an eternity in internet terms), some early forum members arranged to meet up at the Living France stand at one of the French exhibitions in England. Living France offered to provide the wine for the get-together. There were about nine or ten of us, and the only reason the bottle lasted as long as it did was that we had to find another exhibitor from whom we could blag a corkscrew. So I don't think the magazines have a big entertaining budget or much expertise in organising that sort of event.

Sorry Lucy about mentioning that, and I know the magazine's ownership has changed in the meantime. A few of those brave (but sober) people are still around on the forum, and we are in touch with most of the rest.

[/quote]

Will's right - you'll remain pretty hungry and thirsty!!!!

You're absolutely right Will.  Even without LFs help we had a pretty good day - thanks to the Chinon wine stand I seem to remember.  Talking of names from the dim and distant past, I've met Mr and Mrs Will, Deards and Daisy(long gone from this site, and sadly in Daisy's case, long gone from this earth [:(]) Camlan and Calva (also long gone but now very , VERY good friends of ours) Pixietoodstool, Catalpa, Annabell, MaggieM, Loupy Lou, Louiseau, Dodgey Dave, Nonpc and on the phone Miki and Quillan and at one time spent a while trying to find certain Disney toys in the UK for Paul Punch's kids for Christmas!!

Can't say anything bad about any one of them - much as I try hard to think of something derogatory to say..... [;-)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

[quote user="Lori"]Will - I'm sure you are right.  I was really just kidding around when I agreed the forum should take part. 

If anyone was ever interested in getting together in my neck of the woods, I'd be happy to host it (assuming it didn't get huge - which I doubt it would).  Only problem is, very few of you all live near me and I don't think anyone would be interested in taking the train.

Too bad because I think it could be lots of fun.

[/quote]

If you are prepared to host it I will provide the live music but would ask in return food, drink and a bed for me and my musiciens for the night. 

No need to explain Twinkle - we understand.

[/quote]

[quote user="Cassis"]With all this drooling over Chris maybe I should think again about my own orientation ...
[/quote]

I don't see any drooling over Chris Head.  Apart from Lyn Elliot and Twinkle.  Lyn is a mate and Twinkle..... well she is just being Twinkle.

Back on thread.  I have met...... yes Twinkle, first time was about 30 years ago (gulp).  I have spoken to the very dear Tresco.  She has a beautiful soft voice and is very caring.

Big kiss for Trezzas  X

And one for Twinkers x

Tresco, in person, is as caring & beautiful as her voice - as is her OH.  I still can't believe how bold I was to invite Mark & I to her home!!  But I'm so glad I did!!  Brilliant day & loads of fun.  [:D]

I imagine, though, they have now moved house - in case we ever land on them again!!  So be warned everybody - don't ever tell me to call if I'm in the neighourhood - I just might!! [:-))]

Oh and I dreamt I met Saligo Bay in Tesco.  She was really thin, with a baggy pink tee shirt.  Purple patterned trousers with an elasticated waist and tapered at the anke, white socks and black loafers.  She had a black bob and HUGE black rimmed specs.  She spoke to me but I did not understand her.

I dreamt I saw Tresco selling onions in a market and she was really old and sun beaten and she wore an old scruffy navy cardi.

And I had quite a steamy dream about someone but I am not telling.

I know who you dreamt about and it's scary!!!

Please SB can you tell us where you bought those purple trousers from?

I would love to meet

Tresco
Dotty
Ali
Christine
Saligo
Miki
Dick
Cassis
Ian Horn
Wil
Furry Knickers OF COURSE!
Chris the Chainsaw (chaperoned!)

And I can't wait to meet KKK again this Summer - Yippee!!!