SO ... who have you met, then?

Cassis

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I maybe going to watch the footie in Toulouse soon with Rosebud! 

Ziggy Stardust has been in touch about a concert next week so maybe she'll make herself known to me.

I met janwazz & hubby last Saturday when I played for their 40th birthday party - lovely people!

I'm not scared of you Tresco - I just don't like the phone and prefer face to face.

I'm up for a party in vervialles barn (specially if she's cooking!) I'll be in La Creuse on the 4th & 5th August (husbands band is playing on the 5th at Anzeme). 

Let's do it!!!

[quote user="Lori"]Cassis - all are welcomed, no gender requirements, only fun

conversation.  Getting somewhat tired of listening to Rap music

and pre-teen girls jabbering on in French and giggling. 

[/quote]

I think I have to go against my principles and pick you up on your spelling.  It is not 'Rap music', it is 'Krap music', with a silent 'K'.

Not original , I know.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Ziggy Stardust has been in touch about a concert next week so maybe she'll make herself known to me.

[/quote]

Wow - can I come - David Bowie is responsible for making me what I am today.  I can give you a recital of the album from start to finish.  Well, I need to blame somebody for how I ended up, don't I?

[quote user="TWINKLE"] I'll be in La Creuse on the 4th & 5th August (husbands band is playing on the 5th at Anzeme).

[/quote]

What sort of stuff do they do - any Bowie?

I've sent you a pm Cassis. 

Please stop playing with Chris' acorn, I like it the way it is![:-))]

By the way, over the last two years I've bought tickets to see Bowie in concert - and the both times he cancelled due to ill health!  His Ziggy days are over I'm afraid.

I have SOME minor talents but singing is DEFINITELY not among them, so you're partly right! 

JB's just not my cuppa - I'm stuck in the past with the likes of Bowie, Bolan, Queen, David Byrne, Roxy Music, Brian Eno, Peter Gabriel, Blondie.  Quite like the Darkness and Goldfrapp, but you can see the obvious connection!

I  love Goldfrapp too! I think the JB thing is that we had such a great time last summer with family and friends (we rented 3 gites) and all the kids and adults had 'Back to Bedlam'.  Everywhere you went you could hear  it playing. It was a bit tedious at times and I confiscated 3 of them, but I just remember the lovely time we had together now.  [:)]

Sarah & Chris Head, they live 10 minutes away from us. Sarah is a lovely human being, attractive and intelligent, without her our start to life here could have been very different. And then there's Chris! In short a total nutter! Actually we don't know what he really is apart from a very, very honest guy who is totally in touch with himself and what matters to him. My husband is a trained and experienced chainsaw operator and has always wanted to carve with chainsaws and typically Chris said no problem lets carve, Martin told me that a half an hour later he was scared to death and didn't know how Chris hadn't killed himself and he hasn't picked up a chainsaw since. Chris is a gifted human being and yes girls he's everything you thought he might be (hubby doesn't look in on the forum but I know Chris does!).

Lyn

[quote user="Chris Head"]

I reckon Living France should select the venue and pay for all food and drink, it could be a good story for them.

Chris

[/quote]

A very, very long time ago (well, it was only four or five years, but that's an eternity in internet terms), some early forum members arranged to meet up at the Living France stand at one of the French exhibitions in England. Living France offered to provide the wine for the get-together. There were about nine or ten of us, and the only reason the bottle lasted as long as it did was that we had to find another exhibitor from whom we could blag a corkscrew. So I don't think the magazines have a big entertaining budget or much expertise in organising that sort of event.

Sorry Lucy about mentioning that, and I know the magazine's ownership has changed in the meantime. A few of those brave (but sober) people are still around on the forum, and we are in touch with most of the rest.

Will - I'm sure you are right.  I was really just kidding around when I agreed the forum should take part. 

If anyone was ever interested in getting together in my neck of the

woods, I'd be happy to host it (assuming it didn't get huge - which I

doubt it would).  Only problem is, very few of you all live near

me and I don't think anyone would be interested in taking the train.

Too bad because I think it could be lots of fun.

I suppose we could all just get drunk together in front of our computer screens one evening.  Hang on, that's just the same as any other night, isn't it?  Maybe we could make it different by starting at breakfast time.