Own up, who has their Christmas decorations up already

Bugsy

We live in the centre of a village and one of the main streets leads directly to our house - it is always decorated for Christmas and in fact the lights are in position now but not turned on yet.  So of course we have to decorate the outside of our house or it would look like a black hole  .. so ours are in position but not yet lit.  Sad????

Come on it's great fun (déjà vu................. again !!)

Can't one of the Mods just put last years posts back on and save us all the finger tapping [:)]

Light up the houses, the bigger the better...................

We have one card, we are shifting it about to try and make it look like we have more. I guess we will have to send ourselves a few cards again this year....

• 2 weeks later...

In the office all the naff tinsel has been up (and is in the way!!) for a fortnight now.... except above my desk space!! Such a humbug I am...

I have relented to the office Xmas decs ceremonial by putting 3 Father Xmas's atop my computer. One is carrying the Eiffel Tower in his arms and the Sacré Coeur in his haversack, an other is trying to go down one of the bell towers of Notre Dame and the other one is sitting astride the Arc de Triomphe!..... Got to keep a bit a French flavour [:D] as this desk is dealing with the French branch of the enterprise!...

At home nothing will go up, if I can possibly help it, until Xmas eve and will come down the minute OH's family has gone back to wherever they've come from. The French contigent is not coming over this year.... My "to be sent Xmas-sorry delete Xmas replace by : NewYear's cards" will be posted at the last collection on Friday 22nd on my way to the DVD rental shop.... to arrive just on time for the New Year!

One of the houses in the village is helping towards the huge hole in the ozone layer, every evening from 5pm to 8am, since 1st December and will do so until 12th night in January... How these lights survive the storms we've had this weekend I will never know! We woke up this morning to trees galore down all over the place, rivers and brooks bursting their banks, flooded farmyard, house next door with the fire engine pumping their cellar out!! etc... and these Xmas lights were brightly shining away as if nuffink happened!.... [8-)][blink]

I find Xmas just a tad overwhelming at any time.... At the mere mention of it I get a pervasive skinrash.... How pervasive on a Richter scale.... ? off the scale actually.... : on Saturday I went to the funeral of a lovely lady (and very good friend)  who lived in our little town and sitting in the church waiting for the service to start, the person next to me couldn't stop talking loudly about Xmas and her preparations for it, whilst I was trying to contain my grief and remember the lovely times I had with this lady whose funeral it was... [:(][:'(][:@]...... 

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, ours came down this morning and the real tree taken outside in it's pot for next year. Still has a bit of red glitter on it.

Back to the UK tomorrow morning leaving at 7.00. Forecast rain and expect an eta in North Yorks about 10.30 - 11.00. Tres Fatigues!!

David J

[quote user="Meg and Mog"]Well mine are all down and packed up......[/quote]

Only now Meg... and it's not Epiphany day yet...

Well I beat you to it![:D]  Got so fed up with my lot that I took them down on NewYear's eve/night whilst watching Jools Holland's 'Hootenanny' program on the Beeb...

By then I was severly comatosed by a combination of too much of the happy bubbly nectar and large dosages of cold flu remedies..... I know they don't mix but Waowee the effect!! .....

OH didn't even noticed until last night!!... the fact that the decs were down, that is... as he went to bed at 9.30pm! because he had to go on a ride out with his biking mates next day... He realised that I was 'under the weather' when he didn't have any tea on his return from his biking trip....Men!... 

Anyway now the house looks CLEAN and TIDY ! and ready for spring/summer flowers ...... [:D] Already have some daffodils and snow drops in the garden!

PS : I have tried on 3 occasions today to change my signature and each time I had 'Server error etc... gobbledeegook' message.... so Dear Readers you will have to put up with the little clip of this French Xmas song until the problem is resolved.....

[quote user="Missy"]PS : I have tried on 3 occasions today to change my signature and each time I had 'Server error etc... gobbledeegook' message.... so Dear Readers you will have to put up with the little clip of this French Xmas song until the problem is resolved.....[/quote]

If you want you can PM me with your new ditty and I'll try to update your profile...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Meg and Mog"]Anyone else starting to worry about the amount of Christmas decs still up?? Went out yesterday and saw loads of climbing Santa's still!

I seem to remember last year some stayed for up ages after Christmas....
[/quote]

No not worried at all, mainly because er.........um.......... we're not being superstitious this year (luck's been crap anyway!) & er.................ours are still up! They're coming down later today though. Well, they just look so pretty![;-)]

Just been to my local newsagent to collect my Sunday papers and the town Xmas lights are still up! and well battered from the strong storms of late.... The chap behind the counter says that later today they should be down... will see if that has been done, tomorrow when I go through town on my way to work.....

Went out this morning as per the usual for the Sunday newspapers and I am glad to report that my little town .......

STILL has their Xmas decs up ! 21st January [:(] ! though well battered from last Thursday's storm and not lit up at night... all in an effort to save on the electricity bill to the local taxpayer I wonder.... or in readiness for next Xmas, after all there are only 11 months + 4 days of shopping left !! Must hurry for those bargains ! [Www]

I won't say which little town in Wales I am too ashamed....[8-)]