Do you have a claim to fame?

Rose

[quote user="Just Katie"]

I have been kissed by Paul McCartney! [+o(]

[/quote]

That was probably after I turned him down..   

Who thinks I would ?  [;-)]  [:D]                                              

Chacun ses gouts !!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I retired I've done a bit of golf caddying and have caddied for a few interesting people.

Among many of the rich and famous ......

Peter Alliss was certainly the most entertaining and a real gentleman.

Been round with Gary Lineker and Alan Hanson.

Chai Patel formerly CEO of The Priory and subject of the "Cash for Honours" scandal.

One of the most interesting was Robert Rubin, formerly USA Secretary of the Treasury under the Clinton administration. He was playing with David Mills (Tessa Jowell's husband) and Alistair Campbell. What a combination!

Before moving to France in 1989 I worked at TV-AM in London and met loads and loads.  Was washing my hands in the ladies room one morning and Yoko Ono came out of the cubicle and said 'Herro'! I worked in the same office as Gordon Honeycomb, Anne Diamond, Ulrikkkaa Johnson and all the others.

In France I have sang backing vocals for Lio, Jean-Pierre Mader, Emile from Images and have met lots of other celebs too.  My latest was the great Michel Drucker - Frances version of Terry Wogan - I was on his live show this summer (backing vocals) and when he heard that I was Welsh he told me a story of his early days in the buisiness when Tom Jones, Joe Cocker and Jimmy Hendrix were on his show all on the same night!

Obviously meeting me must have rocked his world then[:)]

Oh and for anyone who knows the French singer Desireless (Voyage, Voyage) she slept in my spare room 3 weeks ago!

I met the Goodies when they filmed one of the series at the end of the street where I grew up.

Mr O and I Skippered and crewed a yacht with Cathy ( of Countdown fame....she did the letters, Carol Vauderman used to only do the numbers) and her Dentist manfriend.

I worked with Shane Ward before he was famous.[;-)]

Bert, you are also a world famous guitarist! You must have met loads big stars in them days? Come on, spill the beans! Did you have to give up the guitaring when you got fat? Is that why you became a stunt man for Robbie Cotrane? Did you ever see anything like the fattance of Robbie Coltrane? I liked that show when he was wedged into the Jag XK and travelled round looking for strangeness in England. Still no word about the mandarin lessons[6]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="opas"]

I worked with Shane Ward before he was famous.[;-)]

[/quote]
Who? [8-)]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/ahoward99/shaneward.jpg[/IMG]

Now that's an office party I would have liked to have gone to!

I will admit that I do watch the early stages of X factor, I find the sheer level of delusion facinating.  It's close to child abuse that some of these mothers insist their offspring can sing and allow them to make a spectacle of themselves that will likely stay with them for life.

Once they choose the 'better' ones for the live shows it gets very boring. 

Talking of telly, my neighbours in Sussex were both actors. He casually mentioned his bits in The Fast Show, but never breathed a word of his appearance in an advert, playing opposite a dog who jumps on him to catch a sausage... [Www]

One other neighbour was a drummer in Ray Dorset 's Mungo Jerry ever-changing line-up.

One afternoon, I was drawn to the garden by a lovely voice singing an Irish song... It sounded just so clear and light I assume it was a child's voice, until he apologised for Hayley Mills' squawking (as he put it) in his attic studio...

[quote user="Panda "]

I will admit that I do watch the early stages of X factor, I find the sheer level of delusion facinating.  It's close to child abuse that some of these mothers insist their offspring can sing and allow them to make a spectacle of themselves that will likely stay with them for life.

[/quote]

I used to think the same, but it's really so dispiriting to see their illusions so publicly destroyed...

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Panda "]

[/quote]
I used to think the same, but it's really so dispiriting to see their illusions so publicly destroyed...
[/quote]I don't suppose anybody watches "Screenwipe" and saw Charlie Brooker's brilliant mock competition based on these types of programmes?  It was wonderful stuff - very funny and quite fascinating.  Especialy the trouble he had being rude to the contestants.