Was the forum established with the assistance of Frech Property News and Living France?

jon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="jon"]

I would like to know if this forum was created by /in association with the publication of French Property news and Living France?

[/quote]

What does it say at the top left of every page??

Yes Jay I can read what is printed on the top of each page!Surely you did not intend to be rude?!

I  really would like to establish ...Is Achant publishing hoping to continue to have a good sales?
Surely it is in their interest to encourage a positive approach to life in France.Most people reading these post would imagine that all of you are living in France and despise the country.Infact some of you have second homes and others complain about All things French.Some of these people have never purchased here and it sounds like you have been involved in a sad holiday romance which ended very badly.Reading some of the posts;although grammaticly correct there is a lot of assumption,anger and intolerance.Very few of you seem to have a great admiration for France as a place to visit, buy property or live in.

I have been reading French Property News for years and hope that it continues.But it is mainly,surely about beeing in love with France!

Jon, I think sometimes responses can be a bit terse. All I would say though, is that everyone is entitled to express their opinion. However, the more you bang on beating the same drum, the less credibility you will have. People get bored. There is a saying 'less is more' which I think is apt here.

That sounds very miserable...

France Forum. A place to express ones passion for France.I much prefer to explore ideas than sip at cocoa at 7pm.I am not a member of the Cocoa Club!

And you queried whether Jay was being rude?

Jon, some of us are far too busy with our lives to worry about your mythical 7 o'clock cocoa club, some of us are still working (this is a tea breakl, not a cocoa break) outside in the garden where we may well be living part of our dream.

What is the France Forum?

... a meeting place for online discussions of France and French Living, creating a community where users can discuss various aspects of France, ask questions and give answers.

... an area where our readers can

interact with questions, answers and discussions on moving to France, living in France and regions of France.

[quote user="jon"]

I would like to know if this forum was created by /in association with the publication of French Property news and Living France?

[/quote]

From memory and as far as I am aware. The forum was created / hosted by the publishers of 'Living France' magazine before the title was purchased by Archant. The costs or running it are funded by Archant and the editorial / policy guidelines are laid down by them. I am not aware of any posts disappearing through conflict of interests.

So he who pays the piper calls the tune?..

You think that this Forum should simply be advertising?

For a long time, well before your intrusion, it has been something more than that.

It has been a place where people could air their problems and doubts, and ask for advice.

This means that, very painfully for some people, it is necessary to reveal mistakes or down sides.

At the beginning of  this thread you adopted a very "gung ho" attitude that anybody with talent, prepared to work hard can succeed.

At the same time your lack of stringency has been exposed in the spelling mistakes (easily avoidable as explained earlier) in both your postings here, and, more importantly on your professional website, which is a ridiculous catastrophe.

Nobody cares about your dyslexia. If you are in business take steps to cope.

In short your bullish attitude towards other people is ill at ease with your personal failure to assume.

I propose that you try to be more tolerant of others weaknesses, or that you master your own.

[quote user="NormanH"].............more importantly on your professional website, which is a ridiculous catastrophe.

[/quote]

OK, if Jons website is a "ridiculous catastrophe" please show us yours so we can compare, and see what a truly great website is like.

"Put up or shut up", I believe is the term you use!

Well if my spelling and grammar is a disaster....what is the reason for the "ridiculous catastrophe" going on in UK !

Never mind this nonsense about rose tinted glasses.I have an opinioun.You are not prepared to accept the facts which I offer.You seem very contented at showering me with rudeness.Regardless of these displays of anger and attacks of my website,command of English and disregard for my observations of the region I live in.I will say that my buisness is both established in the corerect manner and is performing well.

Once I have a new website in place all will be great.

Whatever you feel about me....and by now I really know....and can see it all clearly.......The company which host the Forum is offering a picture of life in France and sales of property in France.It is sold in UK [PROBABLY other countries]

There is absolutely no benefit to readers,sellers and the publishers of the magazine to have this strong bias against being in France.I am suprised that the Moderatoors are so un-moderate.

I think that it is time to cool down and think a littI le......put some of that hate to sleep.I am so boering.....fine.No more postings.

Enjoy your Cocoa.

"There is absolutely no benefit to readers,sellers and the publishers of

the magazine to have this strong bias against being in France.I am

suprised that the Moderatoors are so un-moderate."

Sometimes a reality check is necessary. Sensible answers to questions can be helpful and may stop some people from rushing into a life in France which might not live up to their extremely rosy dreams.[;-)]

If , as you advocate, the Living France magazine only printed rose-tinted views of life in France it would be misrepresenting the truth. Is this what you support, Jon?

This would be a false and dishonest description.

We spent yesterday having a lovely lunch (under a tenner) at a pretty country eatery by the canal watching the canal boats moored up.  The rest of the afternoon was spent in the garden, the stunning countryside painting a wonderful backdrop to a pretty border of geraniums, irises, campanulas and climbing roses clambering over wrought iron archwork and framed by the honey coloured stone of a centuries old cottage.  Where were we?  In England, our home.  France is pretty and picturesque in places too but, like the UK, it has many problems.

Jon, not everyone has the tunnel visioned view of France or dislike of the

UK as you appear to have. 

[quote user="jon"]

That sounds very miserable...

France Forum. A place to express ones passion for France.I much prefer to explore ideas than sip at cocoa at 7pm.I am not a member of the Cocoa Club!

[/quote]

Jon  Are you attention seeking or just bored? You have contributed upteen posts that are largely illegible because your space bar does not function on another thread and are back here with another on the same theme.

You may think France is great, good for you, I like it here too, but unlike you I am not naive enough to think that the whole of France is like my small rural area.  You have made it clear what  you think unforunately many find your posts naive in the extreme or just wind ups, but when people are asking others who live here if they would recommend it without a job and with small children not for a holiday or holiday home, please recognise there are people who might just have something to offer that is a more realistic view of day to day life in France than that you clearly do not possess.