Stephen Fry

Edward Trunk

Hi Edward , you might not be alone but you will be in a minority!

I have yet to hear anyone on TV speak better "Kings English" than ,Stephen Fry,

Talking of pompous bores on TV, here are some candidates to start with;

Jeremy Clarkson,

Johnathon Ross,

Simon Cowell,

There are lots of people on the tv I cannot stand, Julia Bradbury is one of them as is the pretty Claudia Winkleman and the most horrid Christine Bleakley. Of the men I cannot stand who get too much air time and Michael McIntyre and Dara O'Briain. There are others, these are just my pet hates.

I really do not know how some people seem to get such constant tv work.

Now I loved Frankie Boyle, but they took him off.

SF is OK, don't mind him.

I used to be one of Fry's greatest fans until he said, "It's not that important, it really isn't." about the MPs expenses. Since then I've been more critical and his latest remarks about women's sexuality endorse my reservations.

The problem is he feels the need to pass opinions on everything. He might do better to concentrate on entertaining us and keep his other views to himself.

Hoddy

I went off him when he seemed he had to show us all on TV  that there was an application on his mobile called Grinder  that showed him where other gay men were in range of his phone who were willing to be  contacted  and demonstrate how it worked .The whole world knows he is gay what he gets up to is his business ..Why does feel he needs to share it with the rest of us ?  

[quote user="LEO"]Hi Edward , you might not be alone but you will be in a minority![/quote]A bold statement, you know this how ?

I can't stand the man but have devised a simple solution, I do not watch programmes in which he appears. The strategy seems to work well for other people I don't like too [;-)]

If you switched to French TV none of these people would annoy you, I find that I can now handle them in small doses when I return to the UK.

Problem is you then start to get tired of certain French TV celebs but they are certainly not omnipresent like o UK TV, I try not to watch any of the programmes where the panel dicussing whatever is made up of le people as they all get up my nose after only a few seconds, none of them seem to have any talent like a TV presenter and I think most of them have gained their dubious celebrity by appearing on Secret story, Loft story, Kon Lanta or some other trash.

The thing that makes my blood boil is French radio, I like to listen to it during the day but all the channels seem to be dominated by the same adverts for the same few supermarkets repeated every 10 or 15 minutes.

They all favour the same voice over woman with her whispering voice of complicity or the smug one that tries to put over "because I (and you) are worth it".

Auchan, Leclerc, Super U, Champion, Orange etc you have a lot to answer for.

Your use of 'omnipresent' is absolutely spot on. At the moment Stephen Fry is all over the TV and radio, in a few weeks it will be someone else. I am fed up of people who've become famous in one area appearing as performers or presenters in another. I understand why they don't give newcomers a chance but it does tend to become boring.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]Your use of 'omnipresent' is absolutely spot on. At the moment Stephen Fry is all over the TV and radio, in a few weeks it will be someone else. I am fed up of people who've become famous in one area appearing as performers or presenters in another. I understand why they don't give newcomers a chance but it does tend to become boring. Hoddy[/quote]

I think you will find that when a "celebrity" is appearing on radio and television a lot; it's usually when they have a book/CD or forthcoming show to promote. My pet hate is, the ones who do a charity show and just so happen to have a new recording issued.

[quote user="Edward Trunk"]Am I alone in wishing that I could have just 24 hours free from seeing or hearing this pompous bore? He seems to be inescapable in whatever medium you turn to. His followers seem to believe he is a reincarnation of Shakespeare and Einstein. I am not one of them.[/quote]

This certainly strikes a chord.  What makes him think that anyone is interested in what he has to say?  Why should he expect people to agree with his perverse view of life and his strange habits?  When will we be rid of this dreadful man?

Stephen Fry, on the other hand, I always find to be well-mannered and amusing.

Stephen Fry was not particularly well mannered or amusing this week when he spoke of women trading; sex to keep a relationship going.

As he is probably pretty ignorant of hetrosexual relationships, I would have hoped he would have at least 'thought' before saying such a thing. OR maybe he believes such a silly thing.

Still I usually don't mind Stephen Fry at all.

[quote user="idun"]Stephen Fry was not particularly well mannered or amusing this week when he spoke of women trading; sex to keep a relationship going. As he is probably pretty ignorant of hetrosexual relationships, I would have hoped he would have at least 'thought' before saying such a thing. OR maybe he believes such a silly thing. Still I usually don't mind Stephen Fry at all.[/quote]

Personally, I consider that Fry's heteroclitic paradigm shift has intuitive merit.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="idun"]Stephen Fry was not particularly well mannered or amusing this week when he spoke of women trading; sex to keep a relationship going. As he is probably pretty ignorant of hetrosexual relationships, I would have hoped he would have at least 'thought' before saying such a thing. OR maybe he believes such a silly thing. Still I usually don't mind Stephen Fry at all.[/quote]

Personally, I consider that Fry's heteroclitic paradigm shift has intuitive merit.

[/quote]

Sounds a bit rude to me PPP [:D]