Any News of Pachapapa

NormanH

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am relieved that nothing untoward has come of him and dissapointed that he will no longer be posting, I met him once, a charming,very knowledgeable and competent guy with a lot of life experience.

A loss to the forum in my view, others whose chains he was very adept at jerking will no doubt see it differently, we dont get to see posts that have been removed but even when he was doing very well at winding people up including moderators I didnt read anything but polite postings, although he did once drive a mod to make a posting which I think had it been mine would have been removed, not a criticism of the person concerned as they had been needled but by IMHO polite postings.

I do miss the forum of old.

[quote user="Chancer"] I do miss the forum of old.[/quote]

I find it best not to bite if my humour is a bit put out, or take a dram and rejoin the fray.
The forum has become a bit like pasteurised milk, safer perhaps, but not particularly palatable and not preferred by so many;
without the many missing characters and those pushing the envelope, bordering on boring,
Come the revolution![:D]

[quote user="Chancer"]

I am relieved that nothing untoward has come of him and dissapointed that he will no longer be posting, I met him once, a charming,very knowledgeable and competent guy with a lot of life experience.

A loss to the forum in my view, others whose chains he was very adept at jerking will no doubt see it differently, we dont get to see posts that have been removed but even when he was doing very well at winding people up including moderators I didnt read anything but polite postings, although he did once drive a mod to make a posting which I think had it been mine would have been removed, not a criticism of the person concerned as they had been needled but by IMHO polite postings.

[/quote]

What a very good post Chancer.

[quote user="just john "]

[quote user="Chancer"] I do miss the forum of old.[/quote]

I find it best not to bite if my humour is a bit put out, or take a dram and rejoin the fray.
The forum has become a bit like pasteurised milk, safer perhaps, but not particularly palatable and not preferred by so many;
without the many missing characters and those pushing the envelope, bordering on boring,
Come the revolution![:D]

[/quote]

JJ, I so agree, it isn't the same!

And I remember vividly the very first time I answered a post of yours and, after that the rest, as they say, is history?[:P][:D]

There are people who I miss, but life moves on and for most people that are no longer posting, it is because their life has moved on, no other reason.

The forum code of conduct is hardly onerous, in most cases no more than good manners, it's a shame if people can't write interesting posts, or even debate a point , without resorting to posting in a way that brings complaints.

This isn't the only forum that has become quieter - others that I post on have the same problem.

I don't know if it's the posters that have changed, or the forum structures.

Some people blame Facebook and tweeting.

[quote user="Gengulphus"][quote user="Chancer"]  I do miss the forum of old.[/quote]
Hear, hear !

And what has happened to all the other interesting and entertaining contributors  -  have they all been purged ?

[/quote]

Oh, Gengulphus, how you make me giggle, as always!

Purged sounds like a rather big dose of senna pods?

[quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

How I agree.

Where is Dick Smith when you need a measured a sane, sensible, informed contribution?

Where is the obdurate and intractable Outcast?

Could we not let back the St Malo One into our fold?

... I was going to add the knowledgable, experienced and sensible Teamedup, but thankfully she has been reincarnated ...

[quote user="Clarkkent"][quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

How I agree.

Where is Dick Smith when you need a measured a sane, sensible, informed contribution?

... I was going to add the knowledgable, experienced and sensible Teamedup, but thankfully she has been reincarnated ...

[/quote]

AFAIK Dick is happily retired and enjoying his family and also his holiday time in France.