Battypuss is still alive

Battypuss

Oh, I am glad you are back.

I will add to Val's request if anyone is interested.

I have noticed the trend for personalised car number plates - what is that all about?  And the constant whirr of car alarms going off and nobody seeming to mind?!

There are alot of very overweight people, children especially.  How many different flavours of crisps does one want, the chocolate selection is amazing.

Fruit is expensive and the vegetables do not taste the same. However, the choice is fantastic! Asda is amazingly cheap for clothes and food, Tescos food is rubbish, Sainsbury's is nicer and customer service is brilliant - so many helpful staff. I absolutely love the library and all its facilities, its not just about books!

My daughters' school is wonderful, the teachers are lovely, warm and approachable. The teacher is focusing on her strengths and building up her weaknesses all at her own pace.  Education is about the individual and she is enjoying learning. The roundedness of subjects is excellent. My daughter comes home spouting about what she now has learned. She thinks P.E is brilliant. She cannot believe the canteen, custard and cake and the menu quality is good. This is now my daughters' school, whether all schools are like this I do not know, but she now has a thirst for learning.  I am also being objective, she has been teased about her accent and does not know why someone would say something to upset her.  I guess this is part of life. It is still early days.

Everyone seems to have very nice cars and I have discovered I now can't use traffic roundabouts properly, somehow I have adopted the just go for it approach!.

I am enjoying life back here in Blighty. I think I was just to young to live in rural France.

Deby

sorry BP for hi-jacking your thread!

Good to hear some news from Blighty, I was wondering how you returners were getting on. Am feeling a bit homesick today as my parents have just left after staying with us for a week and we were a little bit tempted to go back with them!

Where in the UK are you living now, Battypuss and Deby?

I'm back in England for the time being although we haven't moved back officially for the time being.

We are fine. We are in a town so life is quite different and I am enjoying it.

Noticeable differences are: Good things..........Customer service, Seedless grapes which we have become addicted to, Scottish beef, I have yet to find better anywhere. I haven't noticed the veg or fruit tasting any different. 

Bad thing is obtuse zealots and the data protection act...... good sense seems to have been thrown out of the window. That is actually the worst thing I have had to deal with really and isn't every day.

I am looking forward to hearing how Battypuss is getting on. We have friends in London who wouldn't leave, they love it, but I know that it wouldn't be for me.

TU

So as this thread is not sexist and PC,  Are ALBI, Albert and Outcast still alive , anyone know how they are ............  or care  I bet ALBI is getting his seedless grapes from Tescos in Slough as well. 

Funny that Tesco's food is rubbish and Sainsbury's so good Deby, most of Britain thanks the reverse is true. £1 in £8 spent in the UK goes through a Tesco till.

Know what you mean about the seedless grapes, my children and I cannot get enough of them either.

Still think Sainsbury's are better, but then there is always personal preference. Must admit, I think Tesco has too much 'power' at the moment so am inclined to shop elsewhere.  I'm not really into making bold political gestures, but simply given the two - Sainsbury's gets my vote.
Deby

Oh Ron how cruel, well I care, Outcast is still alive and well, beware my friend he is also having a spell in the UK...who knows he could be delivering seedless grapes in a supermarket near you!

Oh not to dissapoint you he will be back, he is hating every minute, too much trafic and  too cold 

Mrs O

Yes ofcourse I know where the money is good. That is the thing isn't it, DOES it really deserve knocking, a country that pays the wages. If he can't stand it let him be 'happy' on lousy french pay instead. Isn't that the thing about moving here, to live a life in France.

Personally I love driving in England.

TU

It's very good to know that you are all ok ooop north (UK).

I'm off there in a few weeks. I havn't decided whether to hire a car yet. I am torn between the pleasure of driving there- and I do like driving in England much more than here, (apart from the M62) and my fascination with things that go on to do with public transport, which I don't do here. People watching type things. The last time I was in England every bus queue seemed stretched out, so people were standing in the rain when there was plenty of space at the shelter.

What's all that about?

I am sure that Mr O would speak for himself here if he could , but that isn`t possible for obvious reasons.

`Knocking it` no, a comment about the weather and too much traffic, only the truth.

So it is now wrong to have the best of both worlds?

You all love driving in the UK for pleasure, take a HGV out on the road after 5am and the motorways are gridlocked! 

He is there because he is an International Trucker,would it be so wrong if he also said that Poland was cold?

You take me all too seriously, of course it is colder in the UK....thats why the thermal vests went with him, neither of us like the cold, thats why we prefere the south of france!

Seems to me that it is OK for some folks to work in the UK/other countries and have their family in France but let the enemy do it and it is questionable!

Shall we get back to the original Topic, Battypus .

Mrs O

"....I walk to the pub. I'm sensible."

Well I hope you have decent hiking boots Alexis, cos if you woz I, then my local is 10 kms from here or 75 miles from Portsmouth, not so sensible for me to walk then and as the saying goes, too p***** to walk home

I'm sensible because there is always the danger that I might fall in with a bad crowd who force me to drink.....

Bet it has never happened to you though 

Moving into town certainly has some advantages!  I can be down on the terrace in three minutes.  Less if I am thirsty