Who are the Moderators?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a secret as I've been pondering this, and I think they volunteered after a period of un-moderated problems on the forum.

There was a chance the forum would have to shut down, and they stepped up to the mark; As to whether three is enough probably a little more time will tell.[;-)]

KKK seemed to be 'fishing' for a role!

If she were to be proposed by some poor unsuspecting soul and there were to be a vote - how many?

Nul points?

No, I'd vote for her - wonderful chaos would reign.

Just an (inflammatory) thought.

[quote user="zeb100"]

Hello

I would like to be a Mod. I bet it's really well paid with great expences and a huge 4x4 thrown in.

Have a nice day Y'all

Sid

[/quote]

Make up your mind Sid, you were Fred earlier !!

Originally there were 5 mods, two were asked if they would do it and three volunteered. One moved and no longer has regular internet access, sadly Will has recently resigned.

Tresco is correct - LF decided to have mods after a period of disruption on the forum. Looking after the forum is only part of admins job as I understand it, and at that time it was taking up far too much  of the time for the person who then had the job (Eleanor?) I seem to remember it was a question of trying having mods or close the forum altogether. As it is James has had to fight to keep this forum open 24 - 7. Archant always have the option to make it a fully moderated board ( which apparently some of their other forums are) which would mean that all posts would be read before they appear on the forum and it possibly would not be open at weekend or evenings.

KKK seemed to be 'fishing' for a role!

I had the same thought Ian, but i don't think K Kat's a 'runner' somehow.

Chaos, yes, whether wonderful or not I don't know. I prefer having her as a scampy mate (what, with me being so sensible and all that). [;-)]

Don't be a mod K Kat!

Imagine how hard it must be for moderators who 'know' people off the forum, whether in the real or virtual world.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Make up your mind Sid, you were Fred earlier !!

....Archant always have the option to make it a fully moderated board ( which apparently some of their other forums are) which would mean that all posts would be read before they appear on the forum and it possibly would not be open at weekend or evenings.

[/quote]

But Zeb100 always signs off with a different name, hadn't you noticed before?. He lives in Albi, and they are like that down there![6]

As to the rest of your post Gay, time; time is the great healer... that's what I'm told anyway.[:)]

Are you thinking about getting someone to replace Will?

I was a joking mod in the early eighties quadrophenia, The Jam.  Winkle pickers short spiked hair and second hand 60's clothes.

KK, there's been nothing like the real thing !!  Sooooo glad that I can wear flares (renamed bootlegs) again.  Nostalgia kicks in whenever I put them on ![:D]

Bootlegs were bell bottoms werent they?  Flares were flares.  I dont know I am a tad young.

If my memory serves me correctly (Hollyhocks ! it was so long ago) bell bottoms came first and flares were in my hippy days.  Must just go and put on my 60's and 70's CD's on .......................

[:D] Oh dear... bell bottoms(originally worn by sailors) were just that bell shaped from the knee down, flares flared out evenly (i.e. in a straight line) from the knee down usually to 17/19"... now loons were REALLY wide anything up to 30" bottoms and really made of cheapo cotton fabric, no pockets, no belt loops usually no turnover at the heel cos' they dragged on the floor and went ragged , really hip ones had stars printed on them or were split between two different colour fabrics at the knee in a V shape and bought from adverts in the back of Melody Maker and worn with platforms with 5" heels and 3" soles..............OMG I'm really giving my age away here [Www]