Aerial photographs of your house

Re the 'big brother' bit, and apologies for departing significantly from the thread, I was astonished to receive a letter from a UK solicitor a couple of months ago. It was with regard to a small sum that was residing in a pension fund with a firm that I left over 25 years ago. As such, it was eligible for being treated as a 'trivial fund' and returnable to me as a lump sum (I think under the new pension scheme rules).

Anyway, since I had moved 3 times since that date, I was surprised that they were able to track me down to our address in France - must have cost them half of the amount involved to do the legwork). My point is that with all the Data Protection stuff that is constantly being quoted, it seems as though it's pretty easy to find somebody if you really want to. Or am I being naive?

Returning to the thread, I can't seem to get the aerial photo to load. There is a vue aerienne icon, but nothing comes up. I'm on dial-up, but even after 10 mins, nothing. Should I be more patient? 

[quote user="Clarkkent"]An alternative way of getting a print of the photo is to press PrtSc (top right of PC keyboard). This will put an image onto the clipboard. Open a photo editor (or even Word) and click on Paste.

You will then have a file you can save.[/quote]

There is no PrtSc on a Mac! But I have managed to do it - the clue was (I think) the second print button (white on yellow - impossible to see) on the second window - which brings up the command window, I then checked it was there with a preview. It needs much patience, even with broadband. I could waste a lot of time with this ......

***Returning to the thread, I can't seem to get the aerial photo to load. There is a vue aerienne icon, but nothing comes up. I'm on dial-up, but even after 10 mins, nothing. Should I be more patient? ***

Hi Ian

After reading Will's words about the time the page would take to load using dial-up I was expecting a long wait, but I was pleasantly surprised how quickly it loaded - about 1 minute, and I am with wanadon't.

So I would have another go if I were you - hopefully this time it might go work!

Sue

Sue - thanks, will keep trying. 

It struck me that it might be that there's a problem because it's a bit 'military' around here.  FFL on the ground (tank manoeuvres etc 30kms away) and the French AF doing their low-flying bit - but only when the sky is clear, not weekends nor during lunch!

You might well be right about the military Ian. We think we drove too near to 'something' one day when we were area-hunting in Aquitaine as some military-looking guys started to walk towards our car and they were carrying guns/rifles/something fireable. We couldn't see any buildings at all or anything at all military-looking apart from them so I have no idea what it was. As my french at that time was not brilliant we turned round and drove away.

Sue 

>>>Anyway, since I had moved 3 times since that date, I was surprised that they were able to track me down to our address in France ..... with all the Data Protection stuff that is constantly being quoted, it seems as though it's pretty easy to find somebody if you really want to. Or am I being naive?<<<

I think we ALL are naive...    as they (those enlightened ones that govern us) seem to track us down because we procrastinate on paying a speed/parking fine ticket collected,  but are unable to track down hard criminals or all those from that immigrant/refugee fiasco just prior to the local elections....  So do they really (those enlightened ones that govern us) want to catch these criminals or irrate us further... 

Sorry gone at a tangent [:)] ...

Yes they are a good five years or more old I think because if you keep moving around you can see the rest of the area and near to me,some of the houses are still bare field. Its also pretty blurred but can just make out two of our vehicles and a blue bache on the barn where the roof has been removed.

That's what I did WJT, I went on  Pages Jaunes, clicked on white Pages, put in neighbours surname and zoomed in. We haven't even got a house, just a plot of land the other side of his lane, and I printed it without any trouble. I agree, a lot better than Google Earth, out land was a blurr and could only just make it out but this is such good quality. 

For the rest of you, does it go straight to your house when you click on Vue Aérienne?

Ours doesn't, it goes to the centre of the village, about a mile away from us. 

The pics are pretty ancient, aren't they?  [:)]    Our village population has increased by at least 500 since then!

For ours the red dot was about 100 feet way, but there are only 8 houses here.

Val, SB, ours was definitely 3 years ago, sometime in June. We can see the footings for the Far Pavillion at the End of the Garden, and our own Fosse installation.

I love the way you can zoom around the area with the arrows. There were some mysterious gaps though, of quite large areas.

[quote user="SaligoBay"]

For the rest of you, does it go straight to your house when you click on Vue Aérienne?

Ours doesn't, it goes to the centre of the village, about a mile away from us. 

[/quote]

Mine was about 1 Km away from teh house (and I had to zoom out to get my bearning and finding the correct place took me a bit of time.

Ian

[quote user="Tresco"]I love the way you can zoom around the area with the arrows. There were some mysterious gaps though, of quite large areas.[/quote]

I apparently live in a mysterious gap, although after messing around and zooming and sneaking up on it quietly, it eventually stopped being a mysterious gap and became our hameau. I did wonder momentarily whether we'd unwittingly bought a house in some sort of secret military testing zone, after reading some of the other posts, though.................................[:)]