Red stamp, Blue Stamp?

Beryl

Ssc, I think it's probably just best to put whatever the Poste told you!  I say this becaue I went there the other day and just asked for stamps for letters to the UK and the lady told me I needed 1 blue and 1 brown stamp per letter - that is what she sold me.  She said she was "desolee" but it had gone up again! (This last week.)  Funny.  I'll look at the web site, I think.

If you got a blue and a brown stamp was the blue one for 55cts?

If so you'll continue to get both until La Poste runs out of blue ones with a face value of 55cts. Then as Ron states you'll get a 63cts blue one.

CLEAR?

Thanks for this thread as I sent an important letter to the UK yesterday and only used a blue stamp for 55cts. Anyway there's normally some leeway and my name was on the back if they want to come and ask for the other 8cts.

Easy,,,, Royal Blue. Red -- revolution. Oh yes and a brown bit for the c r a p post in the U.K.

Edit. I forgot to add that centime is French for cent and always has been. I use centime, it's less Yank. Sorry allof our transatlantic cousins, love you all [kiss][kiss]

The french postal system in this region is no longer a Service Public, it is a Service Merdique! It is really bad. Even those suivi things sometimes don't get there or they don't register them. Brown for bad UK post, well, it will have to go some to be as bad or as expensive as it is in France at the moment. [:@]

[quote user="Ssc"]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]63 Centimes.  oh and blue[/quote]

Oh I'm confused now. For 20g I thought it was 55 centimes (red) for France and 60 centimes (blue) for Uk. That's what La Poste sold me the other day

Tony

[/quote]

All our cards went off on Thurs afternoon with a BLUE 60cts stamp on (as stated categorically by she-who-must-be-obeyed behind the counter).  I haven't rung all 47 of them to ascertain if they arrived OK, but I know that at least 2 did - today. 

And don't say it - the other 45 are probably in the Med !!![:)]

Yes but, no but, they have been storing our post for donkeys years.

I must say that they seem to get international post dispatched quickly.  Now if I tryed to get a letter from our village to our departmental main city next day, well La Poste will tell me that I shouldn't depend on it. I wouldn't dream of depending on it. And it isn't as if our posting times are late, we are now back to 15.30 again and the departmental city is only 45kms away.

I suppose that that is why envelopes we receive with important documents should be kept, for that most important post mark. That post mark stands for a lot in France.

Cerise, our used to be 16h30 and then it ended up being at 11h30. I reckon there were too many complaints as it went back to 15h30 a few months ago, which is better but not brilliant.

Someone certainly empties the letter boxes every day and sometimes they come early to do so, which makes a bit of a mockery of the last posting times. What happens to the letters then is a matter of speculation. Usually the posties seem to do a good job once they get their hands on the letters.

Outraged.

I sent a DVD (self filmed) to my folks in the U.K. Cost 4,75€, what a con, given a letter cost 55cents. I asked why so much, and Marie-Jesus (postmistress) informed me that now all international mail is premium, to help pay for upgrades and the funding for rurla postoffices and for a fighting fund when the mail market is opened up. My parents sent me a parcel from England and it cost 15€, If i sent the same weight parcel to them, it would now cost around 30€.