A get-it-off-my-chest rant.

"Sadly, we've looked at things very carefully this year, and decided it can't take place," said the current Dean, and race organiser, the Very Reverend Keith Jukes. "The big reason is health and safety. Any organisation which runs an event like this has to go through a number of risk assessments."

Ron, are you doubting the word of a Man of the Cloth - not just Reverend, but Very Reverend? Next thing you'll be desecrating the Queen Mother's grave.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Also - have you noticed since they banned smoking in bars and clubs (halleluiah by the way[:)]) how smelly everyone is?[+o(]

[/quote]

Too true. Nightclubs that once reeked of fag smoke now reek of sweat and stale-beer soaked carpet tiles. Agreed, it is an improvement in 'elf terms, but I'm not sure it has necessarily improved the whole nightclub experience.

My pleasure Twinks.

In many of the groups I played in the drummer always got louder and louder as the gig wore on!

Then all the guitarists tended to turn up the wick: so the drummer got louder still.

So the guitars turned up the wick: and the drummers got louder..........................

Still, one of the advantages these days of having a techie wiz mixing the sound levels!

[:D]

[quote user="Colonel Mustard"]

"Sadly, we've looked at things very carefully this year, and decided it can't take place," said the current Dean, and race organiser, the Very Reverend Keith Jukes. "The big reason is health and safety. Any organisation which runs an event like this has to go through a number of risk assessments."

Ron, are you doubting the word of a Man of the Cloth - not just Reverend, but Very Reverend? Next thing you'll be desecrating the Queen Mother's grave.

[/quote]

You don't quote your source  Colonel, that is maybe what was reported in the local rag by a hack trying to jump on the Clarkson anti - H&S bandwaggon but a couple on million people perhaps,  heard him say the version I reported live on BBC Breakfast and he put the blame solely on Insurance costs and the cost of road closures. You can play it back if you wish on the BBC breakfasrt website

Oh I do walk on the wild side from time to time Twinks and watch GMTV but only when Andrea is doing the weather.

Watch BBC or ITV 3 or GM TV until 9-30 in the winter and then get out of bed, isn't retirement wonderful.

When you say I am now talking to you, how do you know you haven't before[8-|].  We don't live that far apart do we and you have done gigs around my way haven't you.........[Www]?  Oh and the kiss [kiss][kiss]was for Mrs T of course, with Valentine's day being so near.

I want to rant about the French always being late! 

I'm sitting here waiting to be taken to Toulouse for rehearsals with a band I'm working with this summer.  "Be ready to leave at 11am" he said.  Still no sign of him at 11.35am.

Guess what?  He's the drummer[:@]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I want to rant about the French always being late! 

I'm sitting here waiting to be taken to Toulouse for rehearsals with a band I'm working with this summer.  "Be ready to leave at 11am" he said.  Still no sign of him at 11.35am.

Guess what?  He's the drummer[:@]

[/quote]  Talking of drummers being or not being musicians, in the film Still Crazy (starring Billy Connelly, Jimmy Nail,  Timothy Spall and Bill Nighy) - about a rock band that reforms after 20 years, during the first rehearsal back together, they stop in mid tune and the singer asks the guitarist if there is any chance of him keeping in time with the drummer, his reply was "Drumming? I thought he was knocking a garden shed together"[:D][:D]