Expect some flight disruptions tomorrow.....

RicandJo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="powerdesal"]

Read on a forum some little time ago that there were, at the time, only 17 flights airborne over Europe.

Quiet skys

[/quote]

Had one of the 17 here!

One of the Armee de l'Air boys from Orange went over in a Mirage at less than 1000' & at about 500 knots this afternoon. Nearly fell in to the bloody hole I was digging.

Considering that they normally only operate Mon - Fri, in fine weather & definitely not at lunchtimes, to venture out in these circs was distinctly surprising.

Just appeared on FlightRadar a plane just left France, looks like Nice, heading 106°,[:)]

AAF961F

• Callsign: AAF961F
  • Flightnr:
  • Reg: F-GXAG
  • Hex: 395C06
  • Model: Airbus A319-132 (A319)
  • Airline: Aigle Azur
  • Lat: 43.05734
  • Lon: 7.33753
  • Alt: 33125feet (10097 m)
  • Ground speed: 476 knots
    (882 km/h / 548 mph)
  • Track: 106°
  • Radar: NET2
  • Tally Ho Blue Eagle....Where you heading then?
  • Curiously a single flight heading west out of Lithuania.

Getting busy a TAP plane out of Porto heading to Madeira.

TAP1581

• Callsign: TAP1581
  • Flightnr: TP1581
  • Reg: CS-TTF
  • Hex: 495286
  • Model: Airbus A319-111 (A319)
  • Airline: TAP Portugal
  • Lat: 40.95298
  • Lon: -9.1018
  • Alt: 17450feet (5319 m)
  • Ground speed: 356 knots
    (659 km/h / 410 mph)
  • Track: 220°
  • Radar: NET2
  • To: Funchal, Funchal (FNC)

[quote user="Salty Sam"]

Without going into irrelevant detail, this link provides details of aircraft in the air AND details of the ash cloud coverage.

[url]http://www.radarvirtuel.com/#[/url]

[/quote]

It strikes me that the Leipzig to Brussels flight is a bit lost, being shown over central England !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the ash might be starting to settle. I just washed my car and it was covered in fine yellow powder a bit like pollen. I don't think it was pollen as there's not many flowers in bloom here (Luxembourg) . A gorgeous day here, bright blue sky and not a single cloud

I feel sorry for those delayed going on or getting back from holiday. It has affected some of our people going (or expecting to go) on leave from Dubai airport.

I actually feel far more concern about the fact that the medevac flights from Afghanistan are being affected.

Ryanair has now cancelled everything to/from the UK and to/from most other places until 13:00 hrs on Wednesday. However, various test flights have now taken place: the relevant authorities are looking at the results.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Salty Sam"]

Without going into irrelevant detail, this link provides details of aircraft in the air AND details of the ash cloud coverage.

[/quote]

It strikes me that the Leipzig to Brussels flight is a bit lost, being shown over central England !!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

At least you get a plot; all I get is..

Internet Explorer ne peut pas afficher cette page Web[:D]

Hi Pickles, didn't doubt you at all. I've just logged in again and it still says Monday, although your link states Wednesday! Odd!

I didn't expect to get away on Wednesday, doubt if we'll get away before we're due back on 6th May, but you have to be optimistic about these things.    [:)]   

EDIT Right, Pickles, followed your instructions this time. Avoided the bihg headline that says cancelled till Monday (yes, it's still there!), clicked on the other, and there it was! Fancy relying on big headlines to be up to date!!

I guess we'll change our flights again, aiming for the end of the week; we might get lucky!

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Salty Sam"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At least you get a plot; all I get is..

Internet Explorer ne peut pas afficher cette page Web[:D]

[/quote]

Not much luck either with Opera 10.52

Connexion fermée par le serveur distant

Vous tentez d'accéder à l'adresse http://www.radarvirtuel.com/, actuellement injoignable

The airports in Nice, Bordeaux, Marseille and all points south, incl Montpellier, Tarbes, Pau, Biarritz are now open until at least 15:00 tomorrow (Monday). Unfortunately this is only for flight southwards - northern airspace is still closed.

Regards

Pickles

We have a ferry crossing back to the UK booked for Wednesday (luckily booked a fortnight ago) ... but hearing horror stories of queues at the ports, etc., Is this true or just a media hype? We're leaving from Dieppe - someone warned us the road into the port might be blocked with queueing cars. Any info, anyone?

Many thanks.