DIETING 2005

Suninfrance

I didn't even bother to measure myself as I have just eaten chocolate after chocolate.  Nothing left now.  Before I went to Jersey and bought a BIG box of Thornton's chocolate didn't bother me.

A re-discovered passion

I am still noting everything down and trying not to eat too badly.

What diet did you decide on in the end Jan?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alexis

I went for the South Beach Diet.  It's been OK apart from the amount of fish you have to eat.  I can't eat fish - it doesn't agree with me, although I'm OK with prawns and tinned tuna.

No bread, pasta, rice, potatoes in the first couple of weeks but lots of veg and salads.  Alledgedly you can lose between 8-13lbs in the first two weeks, then you gradually start introducing "good" carbs after the first two week phase.

I've tried really hard this week and I've lost zero, zilch, nada, nothing, but I won't give up.

Thornton choccies (OK - dribbling over the keyboard now).

Jan

Don't worry Jan, there will be a big thumpng noise and all your weight will fall to the floor and slide off......!

I am just not in the mood, but I am noting everything and trying not to eat more than 30 carbs a day.  I was hoping to be doing the induction though.  No force of character, that is my trouble!

The thing is, I feel better not eating carbs . . .  Just useless here!

Jan, I'm not going to be much help here as as I just sailed through the menopause, sorry! I wonder if it will improve as you start phase 2 ?

I do find I have to take Vit B if I am not having carbs, but I feel so much better most of the time its no hassle.

I wonder what Martin Reynolds would make of this (my current log in)

Gay

Hi Gay - I had hoped to sail through mine too - it comes and goes, although it seems that since I started the SB it's all come back again.  I still have a supply of Black Cohosh which helped me before and I stopped taking them when the ol' sweats stopped.  Back on them again now and they do help.

On the plus side though - I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everday, but I jumped on the scales this morning only to discover I'd lost 2lbs .  So maybe there is a chance I'll get to my desired first goal weight for the wedding at the end of January.

Jan

Alexis - I know what you mean about not being in the mood - but as long as you are keeping a note - one day the mood will change.  And you were right - I didn't hear a loud thump, but the weight is starting to shift.

Keep it going (is that a phrase from Harvey on Celebrity Fit Club?).

I would have added this to my previous mail - but I've lost my "edit" button.

Jan

Blah... I put on 7 1/2 pounds over Christmas because I just drank like, well, an alcoholic fish... and ate cake and bread and felt awful for it...

SO. Back on track now and back on Atkins Induction. On Tuesday I weighed in at 95kg.... (Are we still doing Tuesdays?) And I'll see what I am this Tuesday and post that.

I am having a problem getting the exercise as its cold and miserable and I don't really feel like walking or bike riding. Its an excuse, its lame and its not productive.

One good thing is that I now have Broadband so can access the Forum more often!!

Good weekend ladies!!

Yesterday got on the scales and was shocked to see 92kg.  So, I have lost 3kg in a week, which is amazing and heck if I understand it. Then again, you do get some astonishing results on Induction phase. On the other hand, my weight fluctuates like the US Dollar... so... its probably a fluke...

Lets see if I can be UNDER 90kg by next week... THAT would be a feat!

Well, I'm certainly feeling a lot thinner and have baggy clothes but the tape measure stuck at a loss of 1cm.

Better than nothing though!  I have re-assessed the situation and decided on a goal of losing 2cm before Valentine's Day.

Three weeks....

I hadn't even considered vol-au-vents - damn

The wedding is this Saturday.  My mum has been staying with us for the last 10 days and we are taking her back with us on Thursday.  Mum's been eating what we've been eating on our diet and has lost 4lbs.  I think she's quite pleased and is going to buy the South Beach book when she gets back to England.

As for the wedding cake - I will do my best to have some.  We missed out at the last wedding as we had to leave early.

Jan

Have fun on the day, Jan - then get back to it if you want to lose more. (Just think of those skimpy summer outfits)Well done!

The 3lbs that has been off - on - off - on is OFF again and I am determined to keep it that way ! More tread mill and no alcohol Monday to Friday.

My husband has lost another 3lbs making 7lbs from the start of the year (he has type two diabetes so its important for him) and daughter who is counting calories has lost 2lbs more making 12 in total (she still has a long way to go)

I wish I could post a ticker

I will explain in a PM to follow to both Gay and Sun in France how to do the Tickers. Anyone else?

Now. I am still at 91kg. Fine for me... had oodles of wine this last weekend, that does seem the problem, if I drink wine/alcohol I either don't lose or I gain. So am going to be very circumspect this week!

Have to go to Vannes (again ) tomorrow so lots of walking!

Well done everyone!!!!

Can I join in?

Pre-Christmas weight = roughly 180lb's (sorry - don't usually 'do' kilo's unless required by medics). Has been that for about 6 years.

Post Christmas weight = 188lbs (oops!)

Have stopped drinking alcohol, am drinking loads of water (though still less than the required daily amount), and eating sensibly without picking or nibbling.

So far, in less than two weeks, have lost 5lb - yipee.

Target weight - not sure yet, but I reckon to get to my ideal weight for my height (5' 6")/build I need to lose about 40lbs.