Do none of you Google?! [6]

It all started with a reference to the hub... if you'd Googled

hub

weevils

torchwood

cardiff

...or even

risen mitten

... not to mention (and it is definitely better not to mention)

stopwatch

you'd have ended up somewhere like...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood        ...and all would have become... clear in an opaque-y sort of way. [;-)]

The series was pants (RTD's Cardiff-sur-Rift notwithstanding) but it was entertaining pants.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Just Katie "]...that only leaves one explanation..............she made it up.[:D][/quote]

Speaking of which I've just read the worst book I've ever read in my whole life. Supposedly a memoir by a woman supposedly called Maura Murphy.

If it was my own I would burn it, and the last book I did that to was that Drinkwater womans. Sorry for the diversion, but everyone is talking nonsense anyway. Perhaps we could get paid for it?

[quote user="catalpa"]Do none of you Google?! [6]

It all started with a reference to the hub... if you'd Googled

hub.....[/quote]

LOL Catalpa. That's the funniest thing I've seen here for a while.

You (and Wikipedia) have just about sold Torchwood to me.

Did you find the weevil entry. As it were...[blink][:P]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weevil_(Torchwood)

I can't make that link clickable - but if you cut and paste it into your browser it does work.

The non-weevil John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) is definitely eye-able. He is outrageously entertaining - he's been on Buzzcocks and Jonathan Ross and if the shows are repeated, they're worth catching.

Edit:

And for those of you now wishing to avail yourselves of the full Torchwood Experience, it is being repeated on BBC3 in the early hours of Monday mornings. I make this information available purely as a public service and in no way as a recommendation. Beware of story plot holes into which you could lose an entire galaxy, acting so wooden splinters fire themselves through the tv screen... but it does showcase Cardiff really well. Which is, of course, what one really wants from a serious, adult scifi series. [kiss]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Christopher? You picking a scrap Coops?[:D]

[/quote]I never pick fights, I'm a wimp, don't you know!  And it's Cooperlola, to you![;-)]

Btw, what were these women on last night?  Do you all have hangovers this morning?

Now, I'm going to report this thread as it doesn't seem to be about "Working with Wood" at all.  And I just popped in for some tips about putting up shelves....[6]

This is a very confusing thread to a näive tyro like myself.

If I mention "Tools" then the shrieks of Benny Hillesque double entendres will emerge in full flood.

However, the celebrated Norm wears his Posing Belt, damn, I meant Tool Pouch (see what I mean?) to keep his tools in. (here we go again.).

Of course, Chris Head may well have started this whole forum area as a sort of wry and cynical tribute to frigidity, wherein "Working With Wood" could be perceived as highly apposite.

However, I rather suspect he started it to discuss the various benefits of Iroko over Mahogany, or Ash as against Hickory etc.

Naturally, those working with wood, need their tools, as did Guiseppe, if you remember the father of Pinochio. Now, of course, Guiseppe had rather more success than most wood carvers; perhaps his definition of men's toys, could be attributed to Ms Gold and her Anne Summers chain: who knows?

Let's just see if the new thread about sharpening can remain above double entendres, however I am not holding my breath, or indeed my posing belt AKA tool pouch in, over much.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

That guy is either seriously clever: or seriously obsessed!

A sort of Salvador Dali but working with wood. Aha, so that's what Chris meant!

[/quote]

PRECISELY!

The jigs and joints and machines and brand names and tittle tattle are all just secondary to the objective....giving shape and form and inventing yourself on what it is you're trying to achieve!

Good bad or ugly...make it different and f**k the rules my friends!

[quote user="Chris Head"]Oh, and to add, I think it's been proven beyond any reasonable doubt that women should be locked out of the woodworking section. Jeeez![/quote]

Then, Sweetie Pie, I suggest a) you take more care when you choose a title for your discussions and b) keep the superior asides to yourself... because we all know of a woman who has proven herself capable of excluding you from this section. And she's not a forum moderator. [:P]