Women on this forum.

Chris Head

My dear girls/ladies/wenches.

Do you all realise that most of the reason than us menfolk work wood is through the constant 'requests' of our ladyfolk? Do you honestly think we'd be making shelves, cabinets and coffee tables if it were up to us blokes?

So we have a small place where we can gather and talk about boring stuff, our sanctuary from the nagging...and what happens? We get followed by the instigators of our leisure time toils and distracted...once more!

I would propose two things,

a) The fairer sex be banned from this section, unless they are a woodworker.

b) You have your own womens only section!

OK?[:D]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you all realise that most of the reason than us menfolk work wood is through the constant 'requests' of our ladyfolk? Do you honestly think we'd be making shelves, cabinets and coffee tables if it were up to us blokes

What you mean is that the ladies are the customer - you need our input ![:)]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Do you all realise that most of the reason than us menfolk work wood is through the constant 'requests' of our ladyfolk? Do you honestly think we'd be making shelves, cabinets and coffee tables if it were up to us blokes?

[/quote]

Don't you earn a living via working with wood? Are you saying you only do that because your esteemed (by us!) OH, requests you do so? [:P]

So teach herself how to drill a hole and put a screw in Coops and stop being such a wimp.

What does Judy make Dick? I'm really intrigued. Why is she fascinated with wood?

Yes Catalpa my living is made through creating from Oak. Sarah requests nothing...it's more of an order. Why is she esteemed?

That was soooo shallow Gay. I hope you ladies give the menfolk an easier time now? Let them realise their potential and stop nagging about shelves!

Actually I made a shelf last weekend hoping Sarah would hate it and not ask me again...it didn't work.

Sarah requests nothing...it's more of an order. Why is she esteemed?

[/quote]

From the very few posts she has made on here, she seems such a nice, tolerant, well-balanced woman... in spite of the obvious challenge she has to cope with in her life... [6]

Julie, Chris, Judy is Cassis' wife! (And Will's - not the same Judy, of course).

She makes painted wooden ornaments, mirrors, picture frames and so on, actually less than she used to, and sells them at a local craft market. Also paints wooden bowls, but these are bought. She just likes wood as a material, even to the extent of keeping interesting shapes from the logpile! It means I have access to a Hegner if I need it, too.

I do get confused by your wifes name and Cassis' wife Dick!

You are spot on Catalpa, Sarah is an amazing person, the personification of patience and tolerence. I wish she'd post more. Maybe if she were cajoled a bit? She's quite shy but a real hoot. But then again she might well compromise me? Hmmmm.

What's a Hegner?

So teach herself how to drill a hole and put a screw in Coops and stop being such a wimp.

[/quote]Perhaps you did not read or comprehend my post, Christopher.  I said "if I did not put up shelves then they would still be in the barn."  Ergo, it is me who does this.  I am capable of drilling holes and screwing things into them, thank you very much.  What woman isn't if she is taught correctly?

Oh and by the way - I am not the one with her knees hanging out for all to gape at!  It was a tight t-shirt when the (Welsh) World cup was on if my memory serves me well!

I am dressed from head to toe in fairy dust and discretly blowing a flute I'll have you know.