Rugby World Cup 3rd XV

Gardian

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is often said, depends which French side turns up and if they start getting behind how the French supporters react.   I am hoping its the better side and I am also hoping as well as the English pack, the remainder wade in as not seen before and then what a game.  Bill McLaren commentating with Brain Moore, pints and pasties to the fore, cut and thrust, Jason Robinson scoring a brace and England pip em by 1 point in the last 10 seconds, my joy will be unbounded and I will drink a pint of the black stuff with you.   You have got to love this game!!!

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]

I'm not a betting man but this has got to be the closest to a 50/50 match ever.

Raindog wrote

[quote] Mind you, Ireland would've more than likely beat them too, but they were missing Stringer[/quote]

its because we were without SLINGER that we got close to beating them

[/quote]

LOL - I thought Stringer was supposed to be pretty good?

France were lucky to win that game.

In a small village near to where I live I passed a cafe that I have always assumed was closed as there is never any sign of life but today there is a sign outside. Venez voir les bleus samedi sur ecran geant. The place doesnt look big enough to house a giant screen yet alone anyone watching it. Made me think of England where so many places have signs like that every day for sport shown on TV. Often you cant get away from it whereas over here it still seems to be a novelty. Maybe not in the bigger towns I suppose.

My mother is French, my Father is English so I will just enjoy it. As I said in an earlier post my English friends think I support France and my French friends think I support England! My money is on France but just!

Whatever as several have said we will have the proverbial beer together whatever the result and whoever wins can go on and win the final hopefully!

le rouge wrote

[quote]My money is on France but just![/quote]

I think you have it spot on. I have 6-8 English folk here for dinner on Saturday evening to watch the match. No matter who wins, we'll have the best of craic, mighty chat apres and as many Guinness as you need to choke a donkey and its family.

I think, despte one self professed leader in chief who went mentally AWOL, this has been a fine rugby chat and I'm glad to have made yers aquaintences

SLANTE mo chara

Thank you for your kind words Ulster Rugby-

I shall be more than confused as to who to support this week end - split loyalties x3- good excuse to sit around & watch the tele, sadly not keen on beer,  However, lots more toned & muscled men in tight shorts to admire from  far away- very distant memories of a much younger hubby ... 

Regards to all

Tegwini 

Press Release

International Rugby Board (IRB) Rugby World Cup 2007

Following complaints to the IRB about the All Blacks being allowed to motivate themselves by performing the 'Hakka' before their games, other nations were asked to suggest pre-match rituals of their own. The IRB Rugby World Cup 2007 organizing committee has now agreed to the following pre-match displays.

1. The England team will chat about the weather, wave hankies in the air and attach bells to their ankles, before moaning about how they invented the game and gave it to the world, but no-one appreciates them.

2. The Scotland team will chant "You looking' at me, Jimmy?" before each of them smash a bottle of beer over their opponents' heads.

3. The Ireland team will split into two, with the Southern half perfoming a Riverdance, while the Northerners march the traditional route from their dressing room to the pitch via their opponents' dressing room.

4. Unfortunately the committee was unable to sanction the Welsh proposal to form a choir and sing Tom Jones' "The Green Green Grass of Home".

5. Argentina will unexpectedly invade a small part of opposition territory, claim it as their own "Las In-Goal-Areas", and have to be forcibly removed by the match stewards.

6. Two members of the South African team will claim to be more important than the other 13, whom they will imprison between the posts. These two will then go about selecting the best parts of the pitch to settle on and claim they have been there for centuries.

7. The Americans will not attend until almost full time. In future years they will amend the records to show that they were, in fact, the most important team in the tournament, and Hollywood will produce a blockbuster film called "Saving Flanker Ryan".

8. Five of the Canadian team will sing "Le Marseillaise" and hold the rest of the team to ransom.

9. The Italian team will arrive in Armani gear, sexually harass the female officials, and then prepare pasta dishes, which they will then flog to the crowd for a fortune.

10. The Japanese will shock fans by demonstrating how to capture a whale for scientific research by harpooning an opposition prop.

11. The French won't have a pre-match display and will simply hide in fear in the dressing room for the whole match.

12. The Australians will have a barbecue on their side of the field and invite the opposition over before the game. The food and alcohol will be in abundance and, by the start of the game, no-one will remember what they came to the stadium for. After some streaking, the singing of dirty songs and the occasional chunder, everyone will go home thoroughly convinced it was a bloody good night.

13. The Moroccan team will quietly pray during the first half and then launch suicide attacks against the opposition after the break. Unfortunately, this strategy works well for the first game only, after which Morocco is forced to withdraw from the tournament due to lack of players.

14. Samoa will prepare a huge feast in the middle of the pitch by digging a large hole and filling it with burning embers. They will invite the opposition over by saying "We'd like to have you for dinner." Only when the opposition arrive at the pit will they realise that there is no meat and that they are, in fact, the main course.

Hopefully, with these policies now in place, further problems in this area should cease to exist.

My local Banque Populaire has strung up garlands -even over card machines and they touch your head-I suggested they looked after their errors made on my wife's  account for 3 months without sorting it out due to computer errors! instead of waisting time putting up garlands!!!!!!!!!!!

I said the error is made by the staff and not the computer!!

I suppose when they loose then they will all be removed quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!the garlands not the staff !![:P][6]

Also local supermarkets have rugby balls resting on counters--I do fancy picking one up and punting it Jonny Wilkinson fashion over the top of their displays.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howwa the lads!![:D]

score prediction France nil points-o.k.maybe douze points  Angletaire vingt points.

The town has run a competition to see who can dress their shop window best for the World Cup. Butchers, bakers, banks, cafes, insurance, banks the lot, have all entered into the spirit of it. There are shirts, balls, photos, scarves and banners in every window.

Now since beating NZ a large bleu-blanc-rouge banner/flag with ALLEZ LA FRANCE written on it has been draped from the walls of the castle! Bit extreme but effective as it is at the end of the main street.

Like many other posters I intend having a good time whatever the result!

My parents may find it more difficult as my mother is French and my father English!

According to Wasps head coach Shaun Edwards,

"Expect lots of little 'pick and goes' from England around the rucks,"

Edwards said. "We have some awesome ball-carriers with our props Andy

Sheridan and Phil Vickery, and lock Simon Shaw.

"I expect that to be a tactic to force a few penalties out of the French for ill-discipline."

If we do alot of that we're snookered. All we'll do is knock on or turn ball over.[:(]

A bit late I know but if we're going to have non-politically correct jokes, here's a few about Kiwis

(I fully expect this post to be deleted and a slap on the wrist from the Mods [6] )

Q. What do you do for a drowning New Zealand Rugby player?

A. Nothing. You could drag him to the surface, but he'll choke anyway.

Q. What's the difference between the All blacks and an arsonist?

A. An arsonist wouldn't waste 4 matches.

The All Blacks are bringing out a new bra! Plenty of support, soft and

no CUP!!!

Did you hear that the NZ Post Office has had to recall their latest

stamps?

They had pictures of the All Blacks players on them. People couldn't

figure out which side to spit on.

Did you hear about the Kiwi politician who was found dead in a All Black

jersey?

The police had to dress him up in women's underwear in order to save his

family from the embarrassment.

A man meets a friend and sees that his friend's car is total write-off

and covered with leaves, grass, branches, dirt and blood.

He asks his friend "What's happened to your car ?"

"Well," the friend responds, "I ran over Graham Henry".

"OK," says the man, "that explains the blood... But what about the

leaves, the grass, the branches and the dirt ?"

"Well, he tried to escape through the park."

they are thinking about renaming the All Blacks the "rainbow warriors" -

once again sunk by the french!

What's the difference between the All Blacks and a teabag?....

The teabag stays in the cup longer!

just had me winter wood delivered, by a french friend and his 3 french mates, its not even match day but things is hoting up and they made me drink loads of rose!!!! (well it was only courteous) and discuss the game, general opinion - chabal is a big girl (mine) and wilkinson will be in le hopital (theirs) - bring it on.   Will be away from home tomorrow night watching the game so to all those that watch and log on,  I hope tis the right result for you, more importantly, I hope it is a bloody good game and the best team wins, cheers