SHOOTING CLUBS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

There is a club in Carcassonne at Pont Rouge they have a 25mt all calibre and a 50mt all calibre range plus a airgun range. They are open most days. There is a club in Lezignan which has 25mt and 50mt facilites you can shoot there anytime,members get a key. If you want any more info about shooting in France pm me, I am pretty well up on this. 

[quote user="Russethouse"] I believe he is deeply into flying kites [Www][/quote]

Not just your crude two or four line ordinary kites - Indian Fighting Kites controlled by one thin cotton line - I also enjoy macrame and origami amongst other things.

If I were to develop a passion for firing bazookas by the strange logic shown on this thread all should be fine as few people die from them and the Japanese do not eat them.

Hakunmatata, i'm glad you have at least had some info that's of help to your original question and hope you get sorted with a club that suits you. As for the negative posts, well thats a forum for you, some good, some bad and obviously some very vicious attacks on your chosen topic/sport, especially from someone who chases small birds with FIGHTING kites, none of your run of the mill stuff, least wise not for those evolved members [:D]

Dog, why would you want to reply, and attack someone who has an interest in an activity, to a posting which you obviously are against, other than to cause trouble ?? Nobody has ridiculed you over your chosen activity even if it is a bit poncy standing on top of the hill in Montagrier flying a kite, kids play........................... ??

Sharkhunter. I replied in the same way you have. You seem to have no reason to oppose one of my chosen pastimes rather than to ridicule it. Flying Indian Fighting Kites would probably be too difficult for you, it is an adult sport and needs skill, reading of the wind and sharp reflexes to name but three qualities of a good tangler. Meat eaters are to lethargic, unfit and boring, so do not excell in this activity.

Please explain how killing sharks and wild boar is better than living at peace with the environment?

I personally know of three families that lost family members due to legal gun ownership. Guns have only one real use and it isn't for good.

Your suggestion that I am anything other than hetrosexual perhaps tells me more about your unusual need to dominate animals.

Yet another round.............oh well you did ask [:D]

Sharkhunter. I replied in the same way you have. You seem to have no reason to oppose one of my chosen pastimes rather than to ridicule it. Flying Indian Fighting Kites would probably be too difficult for you, it is an adult sport and needs skill, reading of the wind and sharp reflexes to name but three qualities of a good tangler. Meat eaters are to lethargic, unfit and boring, so do not excell in this activity.

I did not ridicule it offhand, i only replied in like, as a way of showing how unwarranted your initial posting was. Also, i am an adult and skilled in several sports, of my choice, i can also read wind, hence my ability to shoot targets at 300 mts plus in very windy conditions and  the need for sharp reflexes are without question in the art of clay pigeon shooting, as well as flying game, especially in windy conditions [:)] I wonder how many meat eaters excel  in the world of sports /athletics where speed,agility and stamina are but a few key qualities needed to compete at the highest levels. Meat eaters lethargic ?????

Please explain how killing sharks and wild boar is better than living at peace with the environment?

You got me there, hands up to that one.......don't know cos i haven't killed either of the two.

I personally know of three families that lost family members due to legal gun ownership. Guns have only one real use and it isn't for good.

Your suggestion that I am anything other than hetrosexual perhaps tells me more about your unusual need to dominate animals.

I am sorry that you have personal first hand experience of family bereavement caused by gun accident, can't be nice feeling.

Guns have only one use, to be shot, believe it or not its the people behind the guns that make the problems, guns don't go off on their own.

And finally, there was no intonation what so ever about you being anything other than hetrosexual and, doesn't someone/something need to be alive to be dominated, honestly, i shoot to kill because i want to eat what i shoot otherwise i would be a dominating cannibal, how weird would that be eh......

Imagine the scene....me shouting at a wild boar telling it not to move or i will come over and eat it, "and stop digging with your snout, you're making a bloody mess of the woods" right thats it, don't say you weren't warned.................munch munch [:P]

And finally, nighty night................................Zzz

Sums it up when you think boar rooting around in the woods makes a mess. The rooting around is positively good for the woodland.

I suggest you locate a dictionary and find a positive meaning for the word poncy.

I take it you deny that the rate of legal gun ownership in countries relates to the rate of murder using guns?

Guns primarily allow unfit people to use excessive force.

The deaths I spoke of were not accidental and were from legally held guns.

[quote user="Dog"]Sums it up when you think boar rooting around in the woods makes a mess. The rooting around is positively good for the woodland.

I suggest you locate a dictionary and find a positive meaning for the word poncy.

I take it you deny that the rate of legal gun ownership in countries relates to the rate of murder using guns?

Guns primarily allow unfit people to use excessive force.

The deaths I spoke of were not accidental and were from legally held guns.

[/quote]

Check out the facts.

Since handguns were banned (fully automatic weapons have been banned in UK since 1920 or so), gun crime has become almost uncontrollable in Britain!

Young kids regularly wander around tooled up with Mac 10 submachine guns in cities like London, Manchester, Bristol etc.

Id stick to playing with your kids toys if i were you mate!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1741336.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gun-crime+uk/uk

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1391199.ece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Post edited by the moderators in accordance with the forum code of conduct.

Dog, at almost every turn your questions/stated facts have been answered or been put right, not by just me but by others on the forum, why don't you just concede the point you are trying to make. There are no more sure facts than you do not like guns/shooting and i for one do like guns shooting, why can't we drop this now cos neither you nor I will ever change our points of view.

I tried in my last posting to make it lighthearted and also tried to soften things by saying how sorry i was for the position you found yourself in re deaths in families by guns.Alas it was not enough so.....and i've been putting off saying this cos it's bad craic, i suggest you get a dictionary and then re read your postings and correct ALL your spelling errors before having a go at me.

Also if the deaths were not accidental then you keep some really bad friends with guns.......................

[quote user="Russethouse"]expensive, or high quality

[/quote]

??? Why look for synonyms or related words and why not use a dictionary rather than a thesaurus???

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/ponce?view=uk

I do not think any of these could be used to describe me and none are complimentary.

[quote user="sharkhunter"]Dog, at almost every turn your questions/stated facts have been answered or been put right, not by just me but by others on the forum, why don't you just concede the point you are trying to make. There are no more sure facts than you do not like guns/shooting and i for one do like guns shooting, why can't we drop this now cos neither you nor I will ever change our points of view.
I tried in my last posting to make it lighthearted and also tried to soften things by saying how sorry i was for the position you found yourself in re deaths in families by guns.Alas it was not enough so.....and i've been putting off saying this cos it's bad craic, i suggest you get a dictionary and then re read your postings and correct ALL your spelling errors before having a go at me.
Also if the deaths were not accidental then you keep some really bad friends with guns.......................
[/quote]

I don't expect to change your point of view I just offer an alternative view - it's healthy in a democracy and a way to make changes for the better.

I suggested you may like to use a dictionary as you were offensive in your post and can't, couldn't or refuse to admit that you made an extremely derogatory remark. I was not making a dig at your bad spelling or inability to use uppercase.

I find your attitude extremely callous in regard to gun deaths, you see no further than the end of the barrel of your gun. Two of the deaths were suicides the other was a 12 year old boy that shot his 11 year old brother dead, messing about in their bedroom. When I see the families of these people should I tell them what bad friends their departed  make? (The lad that killed his brother with his fathers shotgun later killed himself in a car accident aged 20).

The suicides would have therefore found another way.

Sadly, if a persons mind is that disturbed, then they will succeed somehow.

How could a kid of 12 be in charge of a loaded shotgun?

Blame his parents: not the gun!

With respect he should not have been driving either then.

Society cannot be held responsible for everyones acts of carelessness, stupidity or recklessness.

Using your "logic", mate, if someone has another blokes eye out with a kite, then society has to ban kites!

I suppose we could ban childbirth: then eventually, no one would get hurt.

One of the men that committed suicide had asked the police to take his guns away.

It is impossible to have insight into the mind of a person that takes his own life but often it would seem the easiest way out is used.

I wasn't blaming the gun but as a guns major use is for death and destruction it was just doing what it was made for. The parents like many others may have thought that allowing access to guns would make them a better person like gun owners do. I am sure they would not have purposefully let this act take place.

Currently 20 year olds in UK can drink alchohol they can also drive a car after passing a test.

I realise your blind love of guns entrances you and it may be difficult to see that your chosen love is not all what she seems.

You have obviously not realised that the primary use of a kite is not to kill, maim and destroy.

People just do not go postal with kites or knives come to that.

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="Russethouse"]expensive, or high quality

[/quote]

??? Why look for synonyms or related words and why not use a dictionary rather than a thesaurus???

I do not think any of these could be used to describe me and none are complimentary.

[/quote]

First choose your dictionary and decade : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ponce [;-)]

[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="Dog"][quote user="Russethouse"]expensive, or high quality

[/quote]

[/quote]

First choose your dictionary and decade : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ponce [;-)]

[/quote]

I have rarely seen such an offensive link. I find it difficult to believe you meant to post it.

Are you suggesting that if you prefer to use obscure dictionary definitions any derogatory remark can be used?

I think the link and your response illustrate the point. Although it wouldn't be  language I might have chosen the link shows that language has evolved in such a way that the word ponce could be posted and not mean what you thought it did at all.

Let's face it, with my Christian name I have an interest in this stuff, language has evolved and given my name a couple of meanings that I daresay were nowhere in my mothers mind when she chose it.[;-)]