I ve lost my voice ...

Frenchie

Caught a cold on new year's day, transformed into a bad cough/bronchitis like, now I am voiceless...

I m seeing the doc this afternoon, I know he will give me Cortisone , but I wondered if there also were some " remèdes de grand mère" some of you might know about, would be more natural..

PS : Being voiceless is cruel to me, I am a talkative person........ [:$]   and a teacher !!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple cider vinegar, sold here in France as "vinaigre de cidre normand", and in most supermarkets. Generous splosh in a cup, honey to sweeten, add hot water and sip ... packed full of vitamins and an old remedy to combat infection. Gargle with it neat if you have a sore throat. Very effective and, for best use, drink at least one cup every day to boost immune system.

[quote user="sueyh"]I agree with Bugsy, my dear mum always used to say you needed a good man to sweat it out of you! Suey[/quote]

He he, bet Bugsy thinks he's doing so well until OH says she is wheezing because of a cold [:D]

Sorry to hear you're unwell Frenchie, you will have to learn to express yourself through the medium of Mime [kiss]

Ma Pauvre (spelling OK?)

I bet G is quite pleased?  No nagging from Mum and he can do as he pleases?

Do sympathise, Frenchie.  I understand, it's horrible when you can't shout at people.

Nevermind, you'll be back to normal next week. [:D][kiss]

Just when I thought my opinion of the French medical profession could not go any lower. Cortisone for anything which is not movement or life threatening.

Two recently well worn, say five days, wollen socks, safety pin round the neck to hold them in place, even if you are not completely cured in the morning you will swear you are to avoid a second night's treatment 

[quote user="Mme poivre"]

Hi Frenchie

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather, but I do have an incling of where you got it though[:D]!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you feel better very soon,

Get (I) to keep you warm and look after you. but dont pass it Back[:P]

Judith

[/quote]

Heyy Judith, BONSOIR !

Really can't see what you re talking about!! [Www].............. [:D]

[kiss]

My vet recommended sweetened celery juice this morning - apparently you grate the celery, add brown sugar, allow it to disolve and then sip a teaspoon of the resulting liquid. Sounds foul to me but her mother swears by it. If that is really too horrid then do the same with carrots.

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="Mme poivre"]

Hi Frenchie

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather, but I do have an incling of where you got it though[:D]!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you feel better very soon,

Get (I) to keep you warm and look after you. but dont pass it Back[:P]

Judith

[/quote]

Heyy Judith, BONSOIR !

Really can't see what you re talking about!! [Www].............. [:D]

[kiss]

[/quote]

Hang on, do I sense a bit of THIS

[:)]

Hi Frenchie.

Sorry you are not feeling well, I have just gone through a simular cold/flu.

An old family recipe is, cut an onion into lage pieces, sprinkle with sugar, cover and leave for a couple of hours, then spoon the juice off and drink, then re sugar it again,I remember when I was a kid, I used to love it. hope you get better soon.

Colin

[quote user="ColinE"]

Hi Frenchie.

Sorry you are not feeling well, I have just gone through a simular cold/flu.

An old family recipe is, cut an onion into lage pieces, sprinkle with sugar, cover and leave for a couple of hours, then spoon the juice off and drink, then re sugar it again,I remember when I was a kid, I used to love it. hope you get better soon.

Colin

[/quote]

That sounds interesting, because all the doc could give yesterday was Cortisone, and I don't like taking it.

I ll try your " recipe " ...    Thanks a lot !!