It sounds like you have a "Solus" or "free to view" card -  the one you paid about £20 for in about 2003 enabling you to get C4 C5 Sky 3 etc.

C4 and C5 are now free to air (ie need no card at all) and Sky 3 -  well what's it for?   The only other channels caovered by your present card (if I have guessed right) are Five USA and Fiver.

So you need to decided if you need Sky 3 and the two Five spin-offs.   If not,  I wouldn't bother with a replacement. 

If C5 should disappear without the card we will tell you how to find it again here on the forum

Sorry if I've mis-diagnosed your situation.....

[quote user="Gardian"]Over the last couple of days, have been getting incessant messages to go on to www.sky.com/replacementcard . This was a card supplied with our digibox several yrs ago for a one-off fee.  The site you're asked to view is confusing, to say the least, but it sounds like money for Murdoch. Am I right?[/quote]

See http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1635062/showPost.aspx

[quote user="Martin963"]

If C5 should disappear without the card we will tell you how to find it again here on the forum

[/quote]

What I meant to say was that we will tell you how to find C5 again *via satellite*;   as far as I know LIving France does not as yet transmit C5 via the forum.

Were you all too polite to point out my wine-encouraged poor use of the languauge?

[quote user="Martin963"]It sounds like you have a "Solus" or "free to view" card -  the one you paid about £20 for in about 2003 enabling you to get C4 C5 Sky 3 etc.

[/quote]

Exactly right - thanks to you & all others for the info.  The problem re getting a new card (should I need one & it sounds as though I won't) is a non-UK address.

The only other thing is how to stop the ****** message coming up every hour or so, but I guess it'll go away eventually.

[quote user="Anton Redman"]Have you tried simply removing your existing card ?[/quote]But then one loses 5US and Fiver does one not?  At the moment at any rate, these are still working with the existing "house symbol" card, and won't if you remove it.  (And yes, I do watch both channels at least once a week; I don't know about Gardian, of course.)

[quote user="Anton Redman"]Have you tried simply removing your existing card ?[/quote]

Deeeeerrrrrrr !

Thanks everso.

Oh and incidentally, we can now get Classic FM, that we've been without for 6 mths or so. Now, removing that card might well be nothing to do with it, but I paged up through the radio channels to make sure that all was OK and ....... hey presto.  OH reckons that "that Anton bloke can walk on water" [:D]

[quote user="Gardian"]

Over the last couple of days, have been getting incessant messages to go on to www.sky.com/replacementcard .

This was a card supplied with our digibox several yrs ago for a one-off fee.  The site you're asked to view is confusing, to say the least, but it sounds like money for Murdoch.

Am I right?

[/quote]

Is anyone else getting the same message as me ? .......page does not exist

[quote user="RicandJo"]Confusing in what sense?? I found it quite straight forward - enter you card number and an address for them to send you a new one to and it's done. Nothing to pay. No room for confusion........[/quote]

It would be helpful to know what web address you used........thank you.

[quote user="krusty"]

[quote user="RicandJo"]Confusing in what sense?? I found it quite straight forward - enter you card number and an address for them to send you a new one to and it's done. Nothing to pay. No room for confusion........[/quote]

It would be helpful to know what web address you used........thank you.

[/quote]

https://mysky.sky.com/replacecard/get-a-card

• 2 weeks later...

Me back again , I have now started getting the message on screen to renew my card , it is coming on every half hour and you have to press "back up" to get rid of it.

No fun if I have left it recording.

So I think I may have to buy new cards.

As has been mentioned I can use my boxes without the cards but getting to channel 5 is a pain when you have 2 boxes as the sky remote operates both boxes.