Pamplona bull run

But the link I posted is in France (as are the Corrida de Nîmes Arles etc)

French  TV2 news last night had a smug item about a similar 'running' that happens at Lunel, pointing out that here the men run behind the Bull, and showing all the safety precautions, as if that cowardice was superior, at the same time not mentioning at all these Corrida.

They have a very sucessfull Corrida here at Carcassonne too bless their black hearts!

I would not go to one at any price, but I would love to see one of these 'brave' people face one of the bulls with their feet tethered and just their bare hands instead of all the crap of the clowns on horseback sticking spikes into the poor animals and then confusing them with cloaks before the 'glorious' act of stabbing them with a sword. Anywhere else in Europe at any other time, if you treated an animal in the same way, including Spain or around here you would be in court on a charge of cruelty!

It is for me in the same league as badger baiting. Base cruelty! In this case, just so that some tarted up prat can claim to be a man. If that is the case then I would be ashamed to be associated with  him or his like!

[quote user="NormanH"]It is certainly typical of here.

To say anything against it would be like criticising the Royal Family in the UK

[/quote]

I think you'd find criticising the Royal Family in UK is now a national pastime[:)] currently it's because she wants repairs to Buck House to stop masonary falling on the people paying to see the inside!!!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

...all the crap of the clowns on horseback sticking spikes into the poor animals and then confusing them with cloaks before the 'glorious' act of stabbing them with a sword.

Anywhere else in Europe at any other time, if you treated an animal in the same way, including Spain or around here you would be in court on a charge of cruelty!

[/quote]

Well said Jonzjob and so true.

Anticorrida : Brigitte Bardot demande à Carla Bruni de convaincre Nicolas Sarkozy

[quote user="Jo"][quote user="NormanH"]It is certainly typical of here.
To say anything against it would be like criticising the Royal Family in the UK
[/quote]
I think you'd find criticising the Royal Family in UK is now a national pastime[:)] currently it's because she wants repairs to Buck House to stop masonary falling on the people paying to see the inside!!!
[/quote]

Jo, if you lived in a tied cottage would you really pay for the repairs to it? No and I don't see why the Queen should either, do you?

One of the reasons that the Royals get kicked is because they can't fight back and they are easy prey. It gets right on my wick!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Jo, if you lived in a tied cottage would you really pay for the repairs to it? No and I don't see why the Queen should either, do you?

One of the reasons that the Royals get kicked is because they can't fight back and they are easy prey. It gets right on my wick!

[/quote]

Strongly seconded

Good to see the bulls pulled one back.

The Queen doesn't live in a tied cottage neither does she pay any rent to live it up at the taxpayers expense in multiple palaces.

It would be good to see the real and full cost of these parasites not the edited propaganda.

Charley was banging on about rich people buying up the country houses this week when he has multiple homes in the country what an idiot.

[quote user="Dog"]

Good to see the bulls pulled one back.

The Queen doesn't live in a tied cottage neither does she pay any rent to live it up at the taxpayers expense in multiple palaces.

It would be good to see the real and full cost of these parasites not the edited propaganda.

Charley was banging on about rich people buying up the country houses this week when he has multiple homes in the country what an idiot.

[/quote]

You aren't a distant relative of Richelieu are you dog? Off with their heads and all that carp! (just re-arrange the letters)

If certain people who run 'Charley' down had 1/2 the nonch that he has then England would probably be a much better place. Yet another easy target me thinks and easy to kick they who can not kick back.

Don't bother to reply because I am opting out of this thread as nowt else here will imress me and you will be talking to yourself. I have said before how I feel about bullies that excert their fantacies on animals and call it sport and I have nothing else to say on the subject here.