Most useful thing to have in France?

Gotta be a trailer. Blocks, bricks, sand, aggregate, bark chippings, fumier, topsoil, logs, plants, trees (go slowly), pre-formed pond liner, furniture, timber, tiles, cement, motorbike, quad bike, lawnmowers, cement mixer, kitchen units etc, all collected with style. Not forgetting also those countless trips to the dechetterie.

I'd recommend the biggest single axle you can afford, perhaps even a pneumatic handpump to tip the flatbed. I think the max weight load is 750 kg but I'm not sure.

Overall, a trailer is something you will never regret buying.

Hey this is beginning to sound like that game where you have to repeat everything the person before has said and then add your own bit! And I was always good at that!

Alcazar

Chainsaw, wheelbarrow, SDS drill, and above all, a smile!

I think your all wrong, the best thing you can have is a large box of "Stuff" in a cupboard somewhere handy.

The box may include bulbs, bulb holders, batteries (various), Duck/Elephant/Gaffer Tape (name depends on your home location), string, spare fuses, screws & screw drivers (various), odd plumbing fittings, tap washers, matches/lighter, candles, all the odd keys you found when you moved in, oh and that "thing" that your not sure what it does but looks important (don't all houses come with one of those)

It may just be a man thing but I sleep a lot sounder and feel a lot more able to handle any emergency knowing I have a box of "stuff" in the hall cupboard !

Paul

[quote]If youre not that organised, get yourself a woman that knows just where everything is Mrs O[/quote]

Great French neighbours!

English television!

Supply of good books!

Patience with the never ending streams of visitors!

Sense of humour - think that should come first!

Hi all,

Lovely subject!!

Agree about the trailer. (Get the axle strengthened).

A good secretaire de Mairie. (She'll sort out those Fonctionnaires)

An ever open front door (and an open bottle of red to offer a glass to the neighbours)

20 identical passport sized photos each.

Harraps Standard 4 volume French<>English

ADSL - I wish :-(