heinz beans

On hearing this my OH thinks he has died and gone to heaven.  A trip to our nearest NOZ is now scheduled asap. Maybe now we will not have to bring half of Tesco's supply back with us  each time we drive to UK.  What other interesting things do they have and does it change on a regular basis as that is one thing that annoys me here. I find things I like but it seems some of the time once they have sold out the do not re stock again.

Ooh, that's good, there's one in Orange.  We've actually got a dozen or so tins of Baked Beans, but you can never have too many, can you? [:$]

Hope they'll have the ones with the sausages in.  Or maybe the curry flavoured ones?[blink]

Why not do your own? All you have to do is to cook a pound harricot blanc, add loads of tomato sauce, a couple of pounds of sugar and about 4 oz of salt. Much cheaper and you know what's in it.

[+o(]Probably less sugar and salt too?

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Why not do your own? All you have to do is to cook a pound harricot blanc, add loads of tomato sauce, a couple of pounds of sugar and about 4 oz of salt. Much cheaper and you know what's in it.

[+o(]Probably less sugar and salt too?

[/quote]

thought you would have gone metric by now, jonzjob!

• 1 month later...

Laughing here as we have been making Zoz pilgramages for about 5 years now!

I have seen all sorts of stuff in there including a lot of ex ASDA and TESCO stock (Clothes primarilly) I bought a load of electrical sockets and switches there two years ago (Haven't got round to using them yet, hope they are still suitable for use, they do have the NF markings) I have seen stone fireplaces, pond pumps, welding rods, quality nuts bolts and screws, door furniture, Shutter hinges and fittings (Bought some of those), Abrasive wheels and discs, flap wheels, Cleaning chemicals like anti mousse, Fencing materials.....and on top of that a load of other schmutter inc food and bric a brac. Kids like going there to root about for 'Treasure'. If you haven't already taken a look it may surprise you! it's like a jumble sale almost.......

well I went to our local Noz for the first time. No baked beans, in fact a baffled look when I asked for them. But the place is like a treasure trove .... Mr. Nectarine thought he'd died and gone to heaven when he saw the discount tools. The food is cheap, but the sellby dates are imminent - the stuff I bought was two weeks' hence. Clothes, garden stuff, plastic boxes, knitting needles ... I wondered why it was so cheap until I got to the checkout and there was one girl, casually passing the stuff through a scanner while the other staff just chatted and looked at us customers with contempt like we had interrupted their tea break.

"Ooh, that's good, there's one in Orange.  We've actually got a dozen or so tins of Baked Beans, but you can never have too many, can you? "

How's about 1 (one) ? I think that it would be one too many!

Why not do your own and put 1/2 pound of salt and the same of sugar in every pound of beans and you will have something very similar [+o(][:-))][6]