2010 Taxe d'Habitation

CeeJay

I notice that in the Connexion weekly email they state that this years taxe d'habitation deadline is Monday15th November.

I have not yet received my demand and on checking last years I notice the deadline date was 15th DECEMBER 2009.

Have the Connexion got this right and do I go ranting to my local Impots?

Last year our taxe d'habitation deadline was the 15th December, this year it's the 15th November but we did receive the demand a couple of weeks ago.

We are in Deux-Sevres. I don't know for certain but I would guess that, in view of the Connexion email, this earlier deadline for payment applies all over France?

Phew! You lot got me worried.

Yesterday the Taxe d'hab and a bank statement arrived.

Knew there would not be quite enough in the bank for it but over in a couple of weeks time to top up the account (NW still seems the best bet despite the charges).

Eek if it is 15/11 then problems - can I gat a money transfer carried out this afternoon.

Quick call home - 'what's the date'. And in 31 ours will be taken on 27/12.

Last year it stated 15/12 and did not go from the account until 31/12.

But for some of you quite a shock then.

Paul

I have just had a look at the Impots website. What is says is that there are 2 due dates:

15th November - particularly for main residences and SOME second homes

15th December - particularly for second homes and SOME main residences

It gives no rationale for which date you may be allocated to, other than to say that the date which applies is the date written on the Avis.

As was mentioned on another thread: "No Sh!t, Sherlock!"

Pickles

[quote user="Pickles"]I have just had a look at the Impots website. What is says is that there are 2 due dates:

15th November - particularly for main residences and SOME second homes

15th December - particularly for second homes and SOME main residences

It gives no rationale for which date you may be allocated to, other than to say that the date which applies is the date written on the Avis.

As was mentioned on another thread: "No Sh!t, Sherlock!"

Pickles

[/quote]

I emailed the tax office who confirmed that for my area the date is the 15th decembre

Thank you but  I did realise what idun was saying, not to be too pedantic on this point you will see that I posted on Friday and said that I had visited the  Impots that day and that they were closed, so had taken a pont that day !

Don't worry it's not the end of the world as we know it Jim..........goes in one ear and usually out the other!!!

[quote user="Lancashire Lass"]Yes I had my taxe d'hab today and saw there was no audio vis taxe on it. Now we only have UK satellite TV no Franch TV so am I immune? I paid it last year but maybe as a golden oldy you don't pay?[/quote]

Golden Oldy?  My OH is 79 and we still pay because we pay income tax.  This is nothing like the UK and there aren't a lot of freebies.  Please don't think I am being rude.  I'm just stating things as I see them.

BTW, are you happily settled in your new home?[:)]

[quote user="bubbles"]I have a feeling that LL was referring to the tv licence bit - not general income tax. In England the licence is free if you are over 75.[/quote]

Bubbles, that's just it.  In France, if you are in the position of paying income tax, you'll pay TV licence if you are a hundred!

[quote user="gardengirl "]Only if you have TV, Sweet! [:D] At least those of us who don't have TV can opt out! We caused a stir at acoffee morning last week when it was mentioned that we didn't have TV in France. There were lots of round open mouths all around us, with people asking how we filled the time in! [:)][/quote]

Very true, GG![:D]  I got a bit carried away because I so wish we didn't have to pay the TV licence and I always feel a bit miffed that my poor OH, at his age, and suffering from glaucoma, still has to pay.

Left to myself, I probably would do without TV just so as not to have to pay!  With some of the rubbish that is on TV, both French and UK, you'd have to pay me vast sums to watch it!