2010 Taxe d'Habitation

CeeJay

[quote user="Lancashire Lass"]Each year we have had the TV money attached to the taxe d'hab but this year it is not there! I just wondered why! It seems wrong to pay a TV license when you only watch satellite UK TV and not French TV![/quote]

Ah, but you have the ability to watch French TV.

I wonder how many of the French would only watch satellite UK TV if you could avoid paying by saying that.

Paul

I've just walked down to the tax office in the pouring rain to check if taxe d'habitation is due today. Took last year's avis, passport and other things I thought might conceivably be needed. A very helpful woman on the front desk took details from last year's avis, printed a copy of what that brought up on her screen and presented it to me with a big smile.I don't need to pay until 15th December, which is what I'd thought until I started reading this thread.So I still have plenty of time to collect the avis from UK next week and set up an echeance.

1 nasty dark, wet day, 1 nice clerk, 1 payment not yet due = happy gardengirl! [:D]

And our Tax d'H was almost 900euros this year!

We are moving back to England this week.

The sale of our French house is not completed yet and probably won't be completed until the new year.

Will we still be responsible for the whole of the Taxe d'Habitation for 2011?

This seems unfair if true.

I can see that, if one is moving to another property in France, it is a simple solution and a swings roundabouts situation.

However, we will be paying council tax on our property in England, starting next week!

I just have a feeling that the French 2011 bill will land on our mat this time next year and come as a very nasty surprise.

Does anyone know for sure what will happen and if there is any way out of paying next year?