Pickled Kitten

AnOther

No she is not at all. And having her phobia mocked by the arse holes who made that programme made me boil. My daughter is a clinical psychologist who sees the results of phobias everyday; lives spoiled, attempted suicides and the rest.

You people wouldn't laugh at someone who limped or  was alleregic to say cheese, would you, so why have a go at that kid. Imagine that your child could not go outside out of pure terror of  open spaces.

Sorry guys, choose people who can fight back.

Think I have just developed a fear of Bananas.

Sorry if that upset you Wooly, I did not laugh when I watched it I was amazed then sadened.

your daughter is a clinical psychologist who sees the result of phobias every day, does she still live at home?

well you did say we could and you will fight back. [:D]

Unzip a banana, feel its shape, smooth it through your fingers, then slowly place it between your teeth, feel the texture. No teeth, ever, just slowly bend it and it will willingly break to do your will.

If daughter was at home, I would be the one screaming. But she is a good Banana though, loves her dad.

She is in Brussels and has just published the book referenced in my signature, on, basically, eating problems. She tries to save them but sometimes the problems are too deep.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Unzip a banana, feel its shape, smooth it through your fingers, then slowly place it between your teeth, feel the texture. No teeth, ever, just slowly bend it and it will willingly break to do your will.

[/quote]

Reading your posts is like Barbara Streisand, Dustin Hoffman in meet the fockers.

Unfortunately I play the part of Robert De Niro, [;-)]

Come on Wooly, I don't think anyone is poking fun at the type of afflictions you describe, me included.

'er indoors is a BACP qualified counsellor and hypnotherapist and trained in NLP with Paul McKenna and Richard Bandler so I do know how debilitating some phobias can be, but GHERKINS!....nah, obviously a trigger of some sort for that girl but hardly in the same league. It's not about pickles either BTW.

I agree the programme was cruel but that sort of sick exploitative 'entertainment' is what The Maur Show specialses in so she knew exactly what to expect.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Fat, uncouth and deeply damaged, yep, ok![/quote]

And ....a hell of a lot more fun than the uptight De Niro character [:D]

ErnieY said

I agree the programme was cruel but that sort of sick exploitative 'entertainment' is what The Maur Show specialses in so she knew exactly what to expect.

Must have given her permission to broadcast though?

To balance this article I did managed to find on the interweb a women who very much liked cucumbers though [:-))][:D][:P]

Britain's weirdest phobias include a fear of peas and kneecaps

Britain's Weirdest Phobias
The

lives of people plagued by irrational fears and the journeys they take

in the battle to overcome them. Featuring a woman terrified of knees

who flinches at the mere mention of the word `kneecap', and another

with a fear of towering objects such as windmills, who believes they

are going to start moving nearer and attack her. Both women confront

their phobias with the help of a therapist.

Scoff yea not oh scoffy ones!

As a child I used to have a recurring nightmare about peas.  I would often be terrified of falling asleep in case I had the nightmare, so of course it became a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.  I could only eat peas if I didn't chew them, they had to be swallowed whole.

I'm perfectly all right now though, mostly [Www]

I work with someone who has a phobia about windmills.

If she knows that a windmill is in a certain place she will avoid it.

I think a number of people with phobias think they are irrational and understand that people will think them 'odd' but cannot do anything about them.

Paul

Exactly like me, spiders, bees etc  no pb .............

............... but mice and rats and snakes [blink][+o(][blink]

Once, when entering a barn, I saw a big rat coming towards me

I was really paralysed with fear, and screamed so loud the farmer neighbour came over to see who had killed me [:)][blink]