Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! The songs we sang to our children......... I sang 'Morningtown Ride' to my little ones and am now waiting for the petits enfants to arrive (they are not in any hurry) so that I can sing to them as I tuck them in.  Precious moments.  http:youtube.com/watch?v=TOaLLsV_WvM

Jen

Sorry Frenchie, I'm absolutely cyber-nul.  In fact, I'm waiting for my youngest to get back from the fac in Bdx to show me how to link, paste, blah, blah, blah.  In the meantime, the music was Morningtown Ride by the Seekers (an Australian Group from the, er, cough, splutter, '60's).  http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOaLLsV_WvM.  Perhaps you can tell me which keys to press so I can impress junior when he gets home (with laundry).  Jen

[quote user="Gemonimo"]Thanks Harry!  My youngest is called Harry, so I love you already!  Jen
PS In case you all think my choice of music is genre 'middle aged depressive housewife', I LOVE Bruce Springsteen.......................!
[/quote]

I love people who like different styles, I can also post songs from the 60s, 70s.. Because that is the music I prefer basically, but I also love all sorts of different more contemporary songs.. and Bruce does it for me too !! [;-)]

We've got tonight   Bob Seger ..         A lovely song..

hee hee .. the false start..[:D]

My niece sent me a song yesterday, Ok, it s in German, which is not supposed to be a romantic language , but I find it so powerful and beautiful, I wanted to share.. Maybe you won't feel the emotions I get when I listen to it, but hey, this thread is for sharing isn't it ?

Basically the lyrics say " without you I am nothing, without you I feel the seconds are hours , even the birds don't sing any longer..etc..."   great video too..

Ohne Dich

[kiss]