Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Frenchie2... life in the Dordogne is FANTASTIC!!! so far [:D]  What we can't quite figure out is why we took so long to make the move!  We decided about 4/5 years ago that we would do it but then it took all this time to actually get round to it!  Ah well... better late than never!!! [:D] 

[quote user="Frenchie2"]

Hello pale specs, now the French are  out of competition.;. [:P]  [:D]  I support the English !!

[/quote]

I'm wandering off the topic here but a funny thing happened to us 2 weeks ago regarding the France/England match.  There we posters everywhere in our village for the Autumn Loto... we decided, as we are new to the village, we should show our faces and say hello.  Off we went expecting the big Autumn Raffle... and discovered most of the village settled into the village hall with their BINGO cards!!! It did our knowledge of french numbers the world of good!  Part way through the evening the result of the France V New Zealand game was announced... and then the announcement that France would play England in the semi's... at this point it felt like every face in the room (about 200) turned around to our table and smiled and raised an eye-brow (in a very lighthearted way)... If we were wondering how many people knew we'd moved in, we knew then that EVERYONE did!  We went on to enjoy an excellent evening, made lots of new friends and the last 'house' was finally played at 1:00 am... phew!! [:D] [blink]

I've added the link again... to bring us back to songs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwFyxZ71u6w

[quote user="krusty"]

PPS the same happened with us , the word goes around when someone new moves in , but in a friendly way , just people taking an interest ....and as you, wish we had done it sooner.

back to the music ...all this talk of beautiful people ....U2 ....beautiful day

[/quote]

great song choice krusty!  Frenchie2 I've pm'd you  [:D]