Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Frenchie"]" Je reviendrai à Montréal " is poetry [/quote]

I couldn't agree more [:)]

There's so much more to listen to than pop. Not that pop doesn't have its place, but in my eyes, it shouldn't be at the top of the list.

I like to listen to Gainsbourg, Léo Ferré, Félix Leclerc, Vigneault, Brassens..., where the lyrics and the music go hand in hand. But I quite understand that you have to be able to understand French to get it [:)]

Is there anyone in the French music industry today that you could recommend for poetry in lyrics? I am stuck in the past as I like it so much!

HI  Good eveing all

Absolutely ...kkk very tired, still another two weeks until half term[:(]  

Just been listening to [url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LPnAx5SO-PY&feature=related]Jumping jack flash[/url]  gave me a little more energy to do more school work!

Krusty hope you had a good visit, we're just looking for ferries for Chiristmas to come your way, very expensive this year but will keep looking.

(I always look and listen whilst working and enjoy all your postings. However, I do not always have the time to post)

It was interesting to see  Ralph Mctell on the one show this evening returning to Paris; He wrote "The streets of London" aged 22 whilst in a hotel in the Latin quarter of Paris which was only the third song he ever wrote - he has worked ever since but that song was the one we remember him for.

"McTell wrote the song after busking around Europe in his early twenties and witnessing extreme poverty in Paris. Not wishing to offend Parisians, he changed the setting to London, but felt the song was too depressing and left it off his debut album. "

The Streets Of London