Where will you be watching the Football?

TWINKLE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Miki"][quote]Hey just because I don't enjoy the same pastimes that doesn't make me a miserable old git [:-))] anyway miserable young git pleeeaase OK 50 last week [:)] Now I enjoy watching motor sport( Like I said may as well support a big business) you may hate it , I enjoy seeing live bands and playing in them you may possibly hate that too I wouldn't know as I don't know you, just like you don't know me OK,[:D] I am as entitled to my opinion as much as the next man or woman, errr I think it's called free speech innit?? Live and let live eh? resorting to name calling???[/quote]

Mmm , is that guilty by association or just p*****g in the dark [:D]

Grand Prix !Take it or leave it, follow me leader in recent years, change the rules to stop a German winning every year  until he  is 90 and what about Monaco? First out the trap, if engine holds up, winner, thrilling eh [:(] Oh I think you will find that music is a big and lifetimes pleasure for us, it has been recorded on here umpteen times.

If you wish to be known as either a young or old grumpo, that's your judgement, the name calling was your interpretation, who it was aimed at,  was your choice as well. Me, I named no one but waited for the heads to come above the infamous parapet one down............ to go [;-)]

[/quote]

Well as I was the only person to post about not liking football at the time you posted it don't take a genius of your stature to work it out, but you do rise to the bait soooo easily [:-))] Glad to hear you like music as I said I don't know you , you don't know me [;-)]

So on my way through St.Malo on Saturday I should look out for a place covered in flags and playing Leapy Lee at full volume then [;-)] I'll give ya a wave if I spot it [:-))]

Oh and who mentiond GP's I said motor sport it covers a wide variety of things LOLOL

I'm with Bassman on the motor sport. It isn't all GPs, in fact I haven't been to a GP since the last one at Brands, but I've been to a lot of other good races, often with amateur drivers really putting some effort in. Didn't you ever go to the old Crystal Palace circuit?

I'm with him on the Leapy Lee, as well. That counts as a crime against music...

[quote]As I was the only person to post about not liking football at

the time you posted it don't take a genius of your stature to work it

out, but you do rise to the bait soooo easily [:-))] Glad to hear you

like music as I said I don't know you , you don't know me [;-)] [/quote]

Eh, are you on something Bassman ? I'm afraid that winding up is something quite different to what you can manage

[quote] So on my way through St.Malo on Saturday I should look out

for a place covered in flags and playing Leapy Lee at full volume then

[;-)] I'll give ya a wave if I spot it [:-))[/quote]

Oh please do keep driving, it's just that I know enough folks from Surrey, merci................

[quote] Oh and who mentiond GP's I said motor sport it covers a wide variety of things LOLOL [/quote]

Yep sure does, and they all have one thing in common, a nerdy

attitude, one look at the audience in Top Gear gives me the screaming

ab dabs and the thought that I might one day trapped in a pub while

they talk endlessly about double sprockets, up down valves and side

winding bish boshers....[Www]

[quote user="Croixblanches"]"does anyone out there know of a Ghanaian beer?"

Star. Rather good, I remember although it's donkey's years since I was last in Accra

[/quote]

Brilliant, Thank you!! - doubt Sainsbury will stock it - but I'll look!! [B]

"Yep sure does, and they all have one thing in common, a nerdy

winding bish boshers...."

Oh, you know Alan from the Greyhound, then?[8-)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]So I take it that means most of you will be watching the football in Benidorm then?[:D][/quote]

Oh that would be heaven, no wrinklies, no grumpos, no one over

.........................90 and a large, large 103 for nixies, well

compared to here !!

Now where's Leapy on tonight ?

Dick don't knock if you haven't seen him lately, he is now mixing rap,

with hip hop, C&W with a bit of blues and reggae, a bit like Max

Bygraves on speed really, it's why you have to dance so erotically

[blink] Yep, cong a long a Leapy will do for me !!

Think of this Dick, James Hunt and my old boss Gordon Spice in the

early 70's used to race and I was dragged along and I am told, they

were the good old days !! I have a friend  who still races Sierra

Cosworths here in France, can't get insurance and spends half his time

reparing the thing, know a bit about the sport, in fact have a

mattering of a few sports and for a few of them, that is quite enough

for me.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]"Yep sure does, and they all have one thing in common, a nerdy

winding bish boshers...."

Oh, you know Alan from the Greyhound, then?[8-)]

[/quote]

No Dick,  but I know Harry from the Horse & Groom though !

[quote user="Tresco"]

[quote user="Miki"]  ....it's why you hav eto dance so erotically [blink]

[/quote]

I thought you meant erratically, from your earlier description [:P]

[/quote]

Now you're either jealous or nitpicking Tresco, I left an indelible

memory in the minds of those poor souls in Benidrom last March [:D]

[quote user="Miki"][quote]As I was the only person to post about not liking football at the time you posted it don't take a genius of your stature to work it out, but you do rise to the bait soooo easily [:-))] Glad to hear you like music as I said I don't know you , you don't know me [;-)] [/quote]

Eh, are you on something Bassman ? I'm afraid that winding up is something quite different to what you can manage

[quote] So on my way through St.Malo on Saturday I should look out for a place covered in flags and playing Leapy Lee at full volume then [;-)] I'll give ya a wave if I spot it [:-))[/quote]

Oh please do keep driving, it's just that I know enough folks from Surrey, merci................

[quote] Oh and who mentiond GP's I said motor sport it covers a wide variety of things LOLOL [/quote]

Yep sure does, and they all have one thing in common, a nerdy attitude, one look at the audience in Top Gear gives me the screaming ab dabs and the thought that I might one day trapped in a pub while they talk endlessly about double sprockets, up down valves and side winding bish boshers....[Www]

[/quote]

By god ya can rabbit can't ya [:D] another assumption dude I may live in Surrey but I ain't from Surrey , as you live in France does that make you French ???? and jeez I never suggested stopping  !!! wave I said

You see you think motrsport is nerdy does that make you a grumpy old man,  the world is full of people with different likes and dislikes it's what makes it work[;-)][;-)]

S' Funny as I hit the post button on my original post I thought  how long will it take Miki to make a sarky caustic coment and sure enough up you popped , now it wasn't deliberatley to wind you up but having just read your discussion with Gluestick about flags......... predictable sunbeam [;-)]

Anyway got more important things to do at the mo' like getting ready for the trip as I said if I spot ya I'll ive ya a WAVE

[quote]By god ya can rabbit can't ya

another assumption dude I may live in Surrey but I ain't from Surrey ,

as you live in France does that make you French ???? and jeez I never

suggested stopping  !!! wave I said[/quote]

Let's see now, I said I know enough people from Surrey and blow me

down, your avatar says Surrey, so you are from Surrey then, no mention

of born and bred or anything else, goodness me, did the nitpicking start

at an early age when yer head kept itching ? Dude, what's

that about, is it Surrey speak, when I was there, it was all guy this and

guy that, it is just so hard to keep up with all this new speak!

[quote]You see you think motrsport is nerdy does that make you a grumpy old

man,  the world is full of people with different likes and dislikes

it's what makes it work[/quote]

No but it makes many supporters extremely nerdy though, did I mention the audience on............................yes I did.

[quote]S' Funny as I hit the post button on my original post I thought  how

long will it take Miki to make a sarky caustic coment and sure enough

up you popped , now it wasn't deliberatley to wind you up but having

just read your discussion with Gluestick about flags.........

predictable sunbeam

Anyway got more important things to do at the mo' like getting ready for the trip as I said if I spot ya I'll ive ya a WAVE [/quote]

And sure enough, you then popped up, ironic really you even chose to

mention it but there you go, irony obviously not your strong

point.  Gluey's posts, now there's a thought, are you joined at

the middle finger, the typing is so predictable, not winding up, but yes I am winding up but not really, oh yes I am though, it simply changes by each post, you are simply another one who would have trouble winding up a clockwork toy !

There is a  minimum age they will allow people to travel alone on the ferry, have you checked ?

Do us a favour, give the smileys a swerve, they are just totally misrepresantive of your text

Hey I'm with you Miki, but I'd prefer the section to be called 'The Old Farts Forum', anyone over 50 should be shoved into it, they could share their Fanny Craddock recipes and talk about the latest crown bowling stars! Oh....and I'd remove their right of free speech too, they've had 50 years of it so if they haven't made their point by now, too late! Sorry wrinklies!   (Chris)

It always creases me up when I hear people referring to the older generation as old farts, wrinklies, Victor Meldrews etc. and verbally tossing them on to the has-been heap.  You are probably older than twenty one so you must have realised by now, that although your body is letting you down, your mind still thinks it's twenty one !

I intend to grow old disgracefully (and I'm not admitting to being over twenty one !) and I will dye my hair purple and I will learn to spit in the street. (for all you poetry lovers out there)  [:D]

Back on thread.  When the footie is on I will be huddled in my chair surrounded by books with my earplugs in.  A neighbour several steps down the way has the loudest 'Coooooommmme on Eeeengerland' shout in the world.  Enough to put anyone off - but I might sneek a look at the telly if we reach the final  [:D]

I'll be listening!! more than watching!

OH will be in the pub with his crowd... So I'll have a clear run of the house to do what I please... Tidying up the office for a start... then son and heir's den needs a look at since he's left home some 2 or 3 months ago... then there will be little princess's boudoir as she is coming home for her summer hols from Uni...

for which I have lots of Muscadet in the fridge to help with the elbow grease !! my headphones on and my little radio in my pocket, tuned to Jacques Vendroux's comments, on France Inter, of how the FRENCH team is doing!!

AND !!! My French flag will be flying high on the roof !! and you'll hear "Allons enfants de la patriiieee Le jour de gloire est arrivéééé !!! Allez les bleus!!!' Allez les bleus!!!' Allez les bleus!!!'

So avoid this welsh valley if you don't want to be faced with this mad woman.......

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]Missyesbut?  Clean the house rather than watch the footie?  I really don't know what this world is coming to.  I give up.[/quote]

Well! If Queenie's got one flying atop Buck House!! What's good enough for 'er is good enough for me [:D] I have got a Welsh one too!

>>>Posted By: KatieKopyKat in The Lounge
Subject: Re: Where will you be watching the Football?
Missyesbut?  A flag flying from the roof?  How tasteless<<<

KKK !! Some'it gone wrong!! [8-)]

The above message was in my Email box as an automatic thing to say that a reply has been posted to whatever subject/thread I am following...Yeah?...

So I quote/answer you ...  as you can see about flags and Queenie!.... and in your posting you're talking of me cleaning the house! ... and I can't see your posting about flag?... WOTSUP!! [:-))]  if not the flag!

Confession KKK : it needs it!... this house looks nowhere near ready for the 'Country life best kept farmhouse' award and when OH is away with his crowd, for me is the best time to bin (sorry recycle) all his newspapers, his bike magazines, his farming journals... Clean the mat where is faithful dog keeps vigil... etc... etc... and I've never been much of a TV watcher anyhow...  except for the rugby 6 nations !!...

Eh cheers for that mate. 

The post about the flag was a little snidey remark following a discussion I was in yesterday with Gluestick.  Then I thought hmmmm better not bring that up again and quickly edited my text.  However, I always get caught out because my guardian angel (see above cute or what?) always keeps me on the straight and narrow.

So he sent you along to expose me.  Just my luck!

ahem ....your guardian angel is the forum software KKK, as soon as you press 'post' the message you can see on your screen at that moment  goes to everyone involved in, or subscribing to, the thread. So if you edit the message it doesn't alter what those people see in their email notification [:$][:$]

What is e mail notification?  Please tell me to keep me out of troub.

By the way, this is a stupid thread.  "Where will you be watching the football?"  What for the whole 5 weeks?  Should we account for every minute?

Look at Twinkle everyone.  Aint she stupid.

Phew, I am cream crackered !

Dragged a huge fridge in to the room where I will be watching the

football, my seat is poised at just the right angle to see the TV

perfectly, the fridge door can be opened and a cold beer taken out

without even glancing away from the box. Ice cubes for cold drinks are

one shelf up, the phone is by the arm of the chair and is a hotline to

the kitchen, where sandwiches can be ordered for half time. Think I

have thought of everything now........................................

Just got to see if I can carry all this out in reality, I think I need

to wait my chance, I know Tina is going out during the World Cup for new shoes, new tops, new skirts,

well just about new anything, so maybe bribery is my best form of

attack [:)]

Is Twinks stupid ? Nah surely not !

Anyone see the opening ceremony and watched the chaps dancing with trays? that's me that is !!