Where's Dick?

Unknown

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

Are you dissing me Tresco?[/quote]

No! I just wouldn't want you to be taken unawares by a possible rejection.

I'm sure you're right about Mikis' non-discriminatinatory attitude towards hairy scoobs.

Here's a prezzie for ya!

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/bananas.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Viv"]

I can remember watching QPR.

[/quote]

Ah - was that the Rodney Marsh and Georgie era?

[/quote]

Rodney and Besty were at Fulham together, not at the Bush ! Keep up lad !!

[quote user="Cassis"]I was missing little monkey pants as well. 

Any idea when he's due to return Miki?  Always assuming his party

doesn't get arrested for theft and arson. 

[/quote]

I believe it is a well kept secret, sod it........he is looking for

some French accents and a few apostrophes to bring back to Surrey.

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

Are you dissing me Tresco?

For that I'm going to bed, I'm deeply offended.  You can't diss me just because I'm on the hairy side of smooth. 

Scoobies are scoobies, bet he posts by 1.00 am.

[/quote]

Phew just made it !! Daughter and boyfriend had a Barbecue tonight, a kind of meet the in-laws affair.  Left eldest son here to man the house (kids still here from the UK) and just got back.

The scoobie alert is hopeless. So I went and bought the latest thrupenny bit alert

from Tom Tom, which let's us know not only when they are about but

size, angle and where exactly they can be found.......I forgot to take

it with us and son didn't know why he could hear  thrupenny bits, thruppeny bits coming from the box by the computer!

Tresco...hairy armpits, hairy scoobies, hairy chins................. they all get the same response [+o(]

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="Dotty Trois"]

Are you dissing me Tresco?[/quote]

No! I just wouldn't want you to be taken unawares by a possible rejection.

I'm sure you're right about Mikis' non-discriminatinatory attitude towards hairy scoobs.

Here's a prezzie for ya!

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/bananas.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Do they come with lashings of cream and toffee sauce?  Ok, then I forgive you. [:)]

Given the hairiness of Saligo Bay's avatar on another place (wot must not be mentioned - nudge nudge ...) and the fact that she and Dick are away at the same time I think we should all be putting 2 and 2 together to make any number you can think of.  Says she's on holiday ????  He reckons he's on school trip ????  No better than they should be either of them.  See I'm really getting the hang of this Forum gossip lark, must have been hanging round with too many of the village ladies wearing those fetching blue apron thingies.[6]

Well that's me off for a quick peer from behind my lace curtains.  Not at all sure what him next door is doing in the potager - and with her from across the road as well ... and have you seen the size of his courgettes?[;-)]

I am glad he's gone away - only because I was beginning to wonder if our apostrophe saga had finally put him off the forum!  Didn't think it would.  I love Dick to bits too - as long as we steer clear of the subject of homeschooling!  Or, actually, probably most education type subjects!!

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="Cassis"][quote user="Viv"]

I can remember watching QPR.

[/quote]

Ah - was that the Rodney Marsh and Georgie era?

[/quote]

Rodney and Besty were at Fulham together, not at the Bush ! Keep up lad !!

[/quote]

Bloody Hell - the memory's getting worse than I thought!  Of course at the time I was still living in Nexcastle so the news reports took some time to reach us by minstrel post and the message could have been a bit garbled. 

Dick, you’ve reminded me of a friend and former colleague of mine who gave up teaching French to become a tour guide. One night I was having a drink with him and his wife when he disappeared. He came back a little later with a pile of A4 sheets about an inch and a half thick. He gave them to me and said, “That’s the difference between my job and yours.”

Every sheet was  a photocopy of a thank you letter that a satisfied customer had written in his praise. His boss had taken the trouble to photocopy them and pass them on.

I know you’ll understand this story and how I felt.

Hoddy

Welcome back.

hello dick nice to have you back, bet its good to be home, have you seen how every one has missed you( you of no friends) i bet you where just after sympathy wer'nt you........................have a good rest now. ready for monday morning [:)]

[quote]Oh, and not a single kid or collecting parent said "Thank You"![/quote]

So no chance of any tips then, well apart from "never take kids to Fréjus"

Never did like it much there myself, in the summer it takes over an hour to get

away from the beach and travel 10kms back to the campings !!

I always thought that Provencal and Langue d'Oc were really one and the same to a certain degree.

Our appartment was in Osco Manosco (Provencal, and a lovely reason

behind the name) or Manosque (French) but Provencal and Langue d'Oc are

not strictly the same and have variational differences.

I am sure someone will know more but I do remember the elders in our old village, sure were hard to understand with sangk frarnks and other hard sounding pronunciations of the French language, let alone Provencal !!