Room 101 AGAIN

Just Katie

Getting engaged - why?

People who use big words unnecessarily because they believe it makes them seem more intelligent. - No, it makes them seem insecure.

British people who let the nation down whilst wearing socks and sandals abroad (especially with a panama hat) - I have nothing to say on that one.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emancipation is the biggest word I know.

Poor owl Mary Hoolihan used to suffer terrible with it, she would be all swollen up like a balloon for weeks. They gave her bottles of calamine lotion to cure it, but it just made her fart like a mad thing. They often say that the disease is worse when it's cured, well that was the case for her anyway, because she died when it cleared up.

[kiss]

People who make sure you share their conversation from three tables away, over lunch or dinner - after lunch today I know an awful lot more than I ever need to about Florida, Disneyland and the Epcot centre but also that the people will never go back because 'after all there is nowhere in the world worth going after you have seen New Zealand' !

Parents who make no attempt to ensure their children behave appropriately for any given situation

Motorists who overtake me, at speed when I am correctly positioned and signaling to go down the outside lane of a two lane road off a roundabout

Motorists who use my brakes - use your own !

Cyclists who cycle on the road when there is a clearly marked and empty cycle lane a foot away - why ? (and buy the way did the man cycling along a busy B road in Henley with his small child being pulled along in a mini rickshaw type thing, think he was being GREEN ? The child was nicely level with all pasing cars exhaust !!!)

Supermarkets that stock beefburgers 4 inches across but tell you the branch you are in is to low a grade to stock the right size rolls !!!

Why do they sell burger rolls in 6's when they sell burgers in 4's????

Anyone who calls me a grumpy old woman [:D][:D][:D]

Weather girls and boys who believe the only good weather is hot and dry, even in the middle of a canicule.

people who post like thisnormally i dont do it myself but some do without ever bothering witha fuullstop capital letter commathingyoh my god i could go on why dont they at least do a littlebit it  makes itso much easier2 read

Yours,

Happy sausage (official happiness index well over 80, apparently!)

1. People who invite you to their hen party/stag night, which these days turns out to mean anything from a long weekend to one week in Prague/Dublin/Berlin.

2. People who have been living together for years, get married, and still present their friends and relatives with ridiculously expensive lists of gifts.

3. People who choose to get married in some remote castle in Scotland; Anyone who has already been suckered by number 1 and 2 would not be able to afford to attend anyway, but it still gets my goat.

Cyclists who cycle on the road when there is a clearly marked and empty cycle lane a foot away

Cyclists who cycle two, three or four abreast - especially on a narrow, bendy road!!  Or cycle up the inside of cars, at traffic lights!!  [:-))]

[quote user="Tresco"]

1. People who invite you to their hen party/stag night, which these days turns out to mean anything from a long weekend to one week in Prague/Dublin/Berlin.

2. People who have been living together for years, get married, and still present their friends and relatives with ridiculously expensive lists of gifts.

3. People who choose to get married in some remote castle in Scotland; Anyone who has already been suckered by number 1 and 2 would not be able to afford to attend anyway, but it still gets my goat.

[/quote]

People who get married in exotic locations so they do not have a wedding to invite you to, but still expect a present!

People who have a 'place' in france. Surely it is a house/bungalow/appartment.

We are having 'people' over .Arn't they friends , family, neighbours.

Folks who are going to 'do' India/Australia/China. Are they not touring/holidaying.

• All the counter staff at our local Poste (there's only ever one)
  • The boulangerie when they forget to reserve me a pain au raisin (but that's rare, to be fair)
  • The newspaper distributors when the weekend papers are missing bits, or just don't turn up
  • Dutch tourists
  • Belgian tourists
  • Any other tourists
  • Parisiens

Is that / am I allowed more than 5?

[quote user="Chris Head"]Hey Opas I often wonder how your other half doesn't manage to sneak his messages onto the forum and has it caused problems between you two? Doesn't he know your password?[/quote]

Yes he knows my password. No we do not have any personal problems. Do you and your wife?  Its all a matter of trust.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Chris you have just opened the 'can of worms'!

[/quote]

Hope he had a top notch tin operner, wouldn`t want any nasty accidents would we![img]http://bestsmileys.com/mouthzippedshut/2.gif[/img]