Board/Bored Games

JSA Aude

[quote user="Dotty "]Cranium is good if there is a lot of you.[/quote]

But they all have to be from the same country! 

There's only 3 of us here, so we have to wait till we have visitors from the UK.   There's no way your average French person could hum the tune of Eastenders, nor could your average Brit do an impersonation of Dalida.

Good game when it works though!  [:)]

Did someone mention Twister ????? At my daughter's wedding last year, the Best Man mentioned in his speech that he, his partner, the Groom and the Bride (OUR DAUGHTER!!) had played a very drunken game of nearly NAKED Twister one night!!!

I thought MOH was going to explode!! I just buried my head in my wine glass!!!  Mr & Mrs Newly Wed were mortified but fortunately the rest of the guests thought it hilarious.

[quote user="SaligoBay"]

.   There's no way your average French person could hum the tune of Eastenders, nor could your average Brit do an impersonation of Dalida.[/quote]

Same problem with trivial pursuit.Well, maybe not the impersonations but the general knowledge just isn't the same.

Son and husband are both risk fans but it goes on for a long time (until world domination)

There is one that I would NOT recommend - Atmosfear

What can I say, it looks promising with an interactive video etc but takes an age to set up and the rules are many and complicated (well they were to me after a digestive or two) Lost interest halfway through playing.  And its quite expensive.  In fact, you can have mine if you want, I don't think I'll ever play it again.

I would recommend Tri-onimos though, easy to set up and learn, hours of fun.

Taboo is always a bit of a laugh, especially after a drink or two.  More so if playing the French version, which is easier than you might think, as having to find ways of explaining words that we don't know is something that a lot of us do on a regular basis.

Example: The word I'm trying to reach is slug (Ok, I know it's a limace NOW, but didn't then).

"Erm, elle est comme un escargot qui a perdu sa maison"!

Or a bat... "c'est une souris qui vols et qui habite dans une grotte".

It's good fun, and I get to learn new words too, as long as I'm allowed unlimited passes for the words that I just can't do.

Totally agree on Cluedo - my personal favourite - but its not popular with some of my family.

Pictionary, however, always goes down well and causes much hilarity. Also, it is quite fast and furious, and you can play for as long or short a time as you want, so people don't get bored waiting for their turn - a major advantage in my book!

The other one I would recommend for just two or three players is Boggle.  It's small, easily transportable, very simple and incredibly addictive.  And I guess you could play in any language you like, or even bilingually, now I come to think about it......!

There's a game which we played at a friends house which was great fun and went on for quite a while - it consisted of 2 small pigs - that had dots on one side but not the other and you had to throw them and....... well I know we laughed a great deal and had to add up points at one stage and do have a mental note to try and buy this game if I see it again, if only to understand what we were doing.

Risk is also a great game as long as you don't mind being double crossed by your nearest & dearest.

We also enjoy "Lets buy Holywood" about making films, SceneIt's good for movie buffs - but needs a DVD player. Operation is also an old favourite. Topple - that wooden brick game where you move pieces from the bottom to the top is another old favourite....