Late-Night-Line-Up.

LEO

What has happened to all the intelligent and funny members of "the-late-night- line-up "on this forum, they seem to have dwindled away.

It was very enjoyable to have some light-hearted intelligent banter sitting in front of the computer in the latter part of the evening,with a wee dram available, to extend the lateral thinking. Is there anybody there?

Come back soon! 

Leo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a number of regulars seem to have moved on, some of whom seemingly were original members.

I guess that it depends what you want out of a Forum like this.  If it's a Chatroom, then fine.  If it's information receiving and (occasionally) giving, then equally fine.  Personally, I sit in the latter camp, but most if not all of those who appear to have moved on, actively did both.  The problem was that others (the majority) often viewed things as a sort of club of a self-selected minority.  Without intending to, that 'club' stifled debate from outside and inhibited the questions from newcomers which were seen as naive, but which were vitally important to the originator.

Oh, who cares anyway?  I just dip in from time to time to see if there's anything I can learn and maybe contribute to.  Life's too short to spend all day on here!   

[quote user="Ford Anglia"]I find it hard to engage in banter on here................for fear of upsetting some folk, who seem only too ready for a scrap, with the resultant rudeness.[/quote]

Say what you like gal!  I'll stick up for you[:)]

Ian, it's all very well to give your cobbled and imperfect history and then say 'Oh who cares anyway?'

I'm not saying anyone could give a perfect history, but yours glides over the fact that one long term member was banned, and then within another few weeks several others were really irked by how copyright issues relating to posts on the forum and those used for the magazine from a separate blog (and uncredited) were dealt with here. 

I can't find the relevant thread, which is odd, as I took part in it and recall certain word strings. I don't remember it being deleted, but like you Ian, I don't spend all day on the computer...

Twinks, I've pm'd you about your Dick S post. I can't reply to it.

[quote user="LEO"]

What has happened to all the intelligent and funny members of "the-late-night- line-up "on this forum, they seem to have dwindled away.

[/quote]

What's that word I'm searching for ?........................................[:@]

[quote user="Tresco"]

Ian, it's all very well to give your cobbled and imperfect history and then say 'Oh who cares anyway?'

I'm not saying anyone could give a perfect history, but yours glides over the fact that one long term member was banned, and then within another few weeks several others were really irked by how copyright issues relating to posts on the forum and those used for the magazine from a separate blog (and uncredited) were dealt with here. 

I can't find the relevant thread, which is odd, as I took part in it and recall certain word strings. I don't remember it being deleted, but like you Ian, I don't spend all day on the computer...

[/quote]

Tresco ............

Yes, it probably was a "cobbled and imperfect history", but I can barely remember what happened yesterday, let alone a month or so ago.

Well, Miki got banned.  Didn't see the thread, it got zapped before I had a chance to see it, so I have no opinion.  Saw all the 'blog' debate and all I would say is that, in my opinion, she (Possumgirl) / they, had a legitimate point, but that it was 'done to death'.  Their decision to bale out.

As for "Who cares anyway?", what I really meant was "Does it really matter in the overall scheme of life?"  Not an attack at anybody, nor their views. 

Ian   

Pat; I bet Dick is going to be chuffed to learn he is one of 'les girls'.[:D] That said, there were others who enjoyed a bit of late night banter too; not 'girls' only.

OK, Ian. That's fair enough. I didn't mean to leap on you personally (no funny comments, I beg of you, forum members)

I wasn't here when Miki got banned either...but all I should have said was that there were a number of things that happened over a period of time.

Cassis account being hacked into and signature altered was another one, and there were still others goings on that I won't re-start because what is the point? We all have our different views and in the end, most of us are entenched one way or another, though some of us have kept our feet in both trenches.[;-)]

Of course, in the great scheme of life, we should probably get our feet out of all trenches...

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

LEO!

My man - how are you? 

You also disappeared for a while - where've you been?  I do miss a lot of the people that have (temporarily?) left the forum.

[/quote]

Hi Twinkle,  I went to Spain for a month and, then to Scotland for three months,been back in France for about 5 weeks.

When I was in In Scotland I had a Cystoscopy and later a Uteroscopy, both unpleasant experiences , however the outcome was positive and I appear to be in good health. 

Looking forward to summer and getting more work done.

Leo

www.vianormandy.com

• 2 weeks later...