Whats missing in your life?

Pads

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Geordie girl"]Hey there, just because i'm a bit over weight, don't wear so much makeup, have a few wrinkles, I have no regrets as i live in a beautiful part of france, in a fab house that i could never afford back in the uk ( or it will be if we ever get it finished), wake up every morning to the sound of sheep bleating next to a man who still adores me. Happy days.[/quote]

Thats much better!  By the way, lucky you. [:D]

[quote user="Geordie girl"]Hey there, just because i'm a bit over weight, don't wear so much makeup, have a few wrinkles, I have no regrets as i live in a beautiful part of france, in a fab house that i could never afford back in the uk ( or it will be if we ever get it finished), wake up every morning to the sound of sheep bleating next to a man who still adores me. Happy days.[/quote]

Glen Campbell wrote and sang a song called "The Everyday Housewife" I think his words fit this post!!

She looks in the mirror and stares at the wrinkles that weren't there yesterday
And thinks of the young man that she almost married
What would he think if he saw her this way?

She picks up her apron in little girl-fashion as something comes into her mind
Slowly starts dancing rememb'ring her girlhood
And all of the boys she had waiting in line

Oh, such are the dreams of the everyday housewife
You see ev'rywhere any time of the day
An everyday housewife who gave up the good life for me

Thanks for that leo, none of us like to think we are getting older, and i'm not as bad as i posted earlier am i? Its just that i still feel 23 and i'm fine until i pass a shop window and see my reflection. Knocks you for six.But never mind at least i've still got my sense of humour, and as you know i bake a cracking sausage roll.

The shop window thing can be quite disconcerting.

I remember last Winter, having donned an overcoat for the first time in years, being taken aback to see the reflection of some unfamiliar old man where mine should have been.

At least it made me do something about it. I keep well way from shop windows now.

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]

The shop window thing can be quite disconcerting.

I remember last Winter, having donned an overcoat for the first time in years, being taken aback to see the reflection of some unfamiliar old man where mine should have been.

At least it made me do something about it. I keep well way from shop windows now.

[/quote]

spot on [:D][:D]

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]

A pub with proper draught anything! (And that's in England.)

My local has just done away with the last of the cellar-temperature draught beers in favour of yet another ice-cold fiz "in response to demand". Apparently, despite my best efforts, I wasn't consuming enough. 

[/quote]

I haven't been in a pub for years. My fond memories of beer drinking in England are, I expect, nothing more than nostalgia. If I found myself in a pub now, or even went back to live in England, I think the changes would be more than my system could cope with!

Well, I often wake up because I have a bad back at night these days   ( got two slipped discs) .. Thank God they only annoy me at night when I sleep on my stomach..

+ I ve been working for my job ( marking assignements til late last night) etc..

What did you suggest ? LOL

[quote user="Pads"][quote user="sweet 17"]

Christine

You mean.......

Wooly had a little dog

Whose fleece is white as snow

And everywhere that Wooly went

........................?

[/quote]

The bitches were aglow

[/quote]

Is this some sort of Gangsta Rap type thing?  I ask because it sounds suspiciously like the deafening racket my son likes to have blasting out  by MC Dustbin Lid or whatever