Whats missing in your life?

Pads

All my life I have had friends and then again I have had FRIENDS, Y ou know that one who you tell everything to, who has seen you in your dirty old knickers , held your hair back while you releive your self of last weeks food mountain after a good night out. has cryed on your shoulder and visa versa, but most of all who you can have one of those Opps almost wet myself laughs with.But after nearly nine years of living in Cornwall I realised on Saturday Night (Didnt charge the battery on my I pod so it was a night of thinking instead) I dont have one of them any more, and when was the last time I had a real belly laugh on the living room floor, stuffing my face with beer and crisp? I have friends here that I go shopping, lunching, pictures,days out with, but they are all so prissy 2 glasses of white wine is there limit, and they are Embrassed by the fact I drink pints in public. And as for laugh out loud in the street, no no..............What am I doing with these people, why am I allowing my self to turn into one of these people? Just because I have turned 45 dose that mean i can no longer have fun, get drunk, arse around I think not. So If any one has any answers or lives near enough to me and fancies a good night out give me a shout. Im loney In cornwall........................[:-))] and I just want to laugh out loud.............. 

Thats whats missing in my life . Whats missing in yours? 

The word *** out was the thing at the end of your back............

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No answers here pads that was a very thought provoking post to get up to[:)]

There a probably a few people here who feel the same way about various things you've mentioned.

For me it's the being able to have a spontanaeous raucous laugh and be fairly sure I'm laughing at the same thing as everyone else[:-))]

Well pads - I'll be down in Callington at Xmas - otherwise we can meet up half way up one of these mountains with a few cans of some ale you can bring out.  I too like to drink pints - but don't like getting drunk any more.  However I do miss my friends who don't mind being silly.  My French friends are just so grown up and I don't think I'll ever be that - at least I hope not.  I still diviode the world into grownups and people like me - and I'm scared of the grown ups[:)]

[quote user="pads"]      All my life I have had friends and then again I have had FRIENDS, Y ou know that one who you tell everything to, who has seen you in your dirty old knickers.............. Im loney In cornwall........................[:-))] and I just want to laugh out loud..............      Thats whats missing in my life . Whats missing in yours?  [/quote]

What's missing in mine? A man!!

A man to sweep me off my feet from time to time, a man that will be home not only physically but also mentally! A man who, when in times of trouble, is holding me tight that I don't feel I have fallen through.... a man to laugh out loud with at the world, a man to be spontaneous with...

So like you in Cornwall I sometime feel lonely in Wales... To compensate I put my efforts and concentrate on the half full bit of the glass and it ain't bad tasting at all. I count what little blessings I have every night! My 2 children, my family back in France, a roof over my head, 1 or 2 friends for a wet shoulder time (if not for a wet throat time), a good job and nice colleagues...

Oh Dear! this is turning into an agony aunt column ........ [:$] ...............

What's missing in my life?

That's a hard one! Um............The confidence to get out & do things. Also, the same as you Pads, the chance & the good company to have a damn good laugh at anything & nothing. My best mate that I used to do all the same things you mentioned, got married & had kids, I didn't. I had an accident instead. It changed things a lot & I do really miss it. Well, that's life!

A Giraffe would make me life complete!

I dream about the day that I shall have one of me own and I can ride him around Upper Beagle and go shopping on him to Asda and go visiting the garden centre together. One day he shall arrive, with his lovely long eye lashes and his cute little horns. I will always wear clothes when out on the giraffe though! I remember that Lady Godiva one from Coventry, she rode round on a Giraffe in the nude! one sunday afternoon years ago in the 60's. She got arrested though, and she got 2 years. I know a lady Mary down in Wicklow. She was a dirty owl one mind! She only changed her knickers once a week (every sunday before Mass) she had the most beautiful garden though! I used to help her look after it, she tought me alot about pruning.

Mrs Pads, Cornwall is a lovely place to live, it's full of little pixies and clotted cream and them pasties with meat and jam in them. Have you thought about making your own pasties and selling them to tourists? I would love to live in Polperro, and make little gnomes and paint pictures of them and sell them for a living. If I did live near you in Cornwall, After a hard day making the gnomes, we could meet up and go off out in me little sailing dinky with me pug and sausage dog, a big flask of tea and a few lemon curd sandwiches listening to pickety witch's greatest hits on the tape recorder. What more could abody want?

[kiss]

Pads...I take my hat off to you, this has got to be one of the most original and honest posts I've seen...likewise missy, your response was just from the heart. I could really party with you Pads, I'm a little crazy too and missy I'd give ya a hug to remember (why dont the French do real hugs?)

Otherwise no real problems apart from perhaps dodgy mental health!

Chris

[quote user="Cassis"] How come you got this one to work but not your acorn?[/quote]

I vetoed the Acorn, (too wimpy for him) but I had no idea what the alternative was going to be![:'(]

Of course my 'veto' was just me blithering on. I'm sure he ignored me!

Twinks, I told you that in confidence[:D]  But yes, I think FN is someone famous.  But what a biooootiful child (as they say in Kildare)

What is missing in my life? My youth and all the things that go with it like dewy skin, dress sense and confidence.  Oh and being able to wear high heels 12 hours per day without taking painkillers before you slip them on!

Who know's what's around the corner in this friggin crazy life? The folk who stick with me are very very strong folk who I'd happily give my life up for, folk who don't understand it anymore than me. Pads and Missy touched a nerve, I'm one of the lucky ones, surrounded by love and stimulation.

I REALLY want to learn how to dance....seriously. I'm just a dangerous dude on the floor!

Avatar is my mentor and teacher....just be kind to him and he's cool..........

Chris

[quote user="pads"]Is it just me or is everyone starting a new tab every time they press on a new item? if you know what I mean? [/quote]

Nope. What do you mean?

Also, why do you think those of us who have responded haven't been honest?

Forgetful, maybe. I'll add 'a job' as I really miss going out to work.

Edit: Well, I miss it three days a week (I used to work 6 or 7)[:)]

Mmm, same as you pads, someone to laugh with, someone to share secrets with, someone to open up to, and be honest about whats going on in your life, how you really feel about events, people. When i say i have got all that with my hubby, only the women will know what i mean when i say its not the same. I agree having no children, when your friends have, they leave you behind, they tend to hang out with people who have children(after all what could i possibly know about raising children).

In fact they only get intouch when they want their hair done, that sounds harsh, but true. Im lucky, i have my family, (and it is one large family), but how i long for a best friend, oh well one day.

I miss Hollands Meat and Potato pies, my very best friend who I fell out with years ago and who has now moved to Portugal, the excitement of falling in love ( whilst being content with being in love ), singing on the Karaoke every weekend full of Watermelon Bacardi Breezers ( which I also miss ) and thinking I'm Kylie whilst looking like Pavarotti, having my bikini lines waxed, Christmas, regular income, someone who I can talk to about my beliefs about life after death, curries, Primark, being on my own sometimes, my independence.

Also missing is my forum password which I normally don't need as I'm normally signed in automatically. Having asked for a new password to be sent to every email address I culd possibly have registered  ( as I'm also missing the memory of that ) it hasn't arrived so I've had to re-register.

I also miss being a shoulder to cry on when needed, as no-one needs me that much out here and if I was near Pads, she could have mine.

Miki, I've spent several minutes reading your last post, and trying to work out the cryptic meaning. I've now realised, I think, that your signature is, well, coincidental rather than integral to your message to Tresco......[8-)]