Cannot stop

valB

What items can you not stop buying. Mine is bedding and when I cleared out my airing cupboard in UK prior to moving here I was horrified. I still had bedding from my youngest daughter's bedroom and she left home years ago. I was very strict and threw a lot away but I am finding each time I go back to UK and I see a nice set I buy it. My bedding here now is increasing very quickly. So lets find out what you cannot resist.

Mr. Nectarine has a secret vice .... shoes, and plenty of them.  When we eventually cleared out his cupboard we found he had no less than (I suggest you sit down and take a deep breath), 64 ... yes, SIXTY-FOUR ... pairs of shoes.  Most of them looking fairly alike, in my mind.  He insisted that he couldn't do without them, needed all of them, despite the fact that in all the years we've been together I've only seen him wearing the same old few pairs.  Anyway, I made him try them all on which he did very reluctantly and with lots of grumbling.  And half of them didn't fit!!!  But, oh no, we couldn't throw them away or give them to the charity shop because he might, one day, actually get around to breaking them in and making them fit!!

Anyway, I persuaded him that with over thirty pairs of comfortable shoes to choose from it was unlikely that he would ever put on an uncomfortable pair and decide to break them in, so off to the charity shop we went with them, with him muttering all the way.  On the way home we stopped for some shopping and he disappeared.  I found him later outside a shoe shop, nose pressed up against the window, and had to drag him away.

Truly, he is the Imelda Marcos of the male shoe world.  And since we have been in France and brought over all his shoes, he has worn only flipflops and a pair of trainers.  So all the shoes remain in the boxes and are going into the loft!

Mugs (45)  ... Books( piled on the floor as I have run out of shelves) .... French learning books /cds ( I now have a 10foot shelf full of my french books and CDs)..... Cheese ( its been known for me to 20 different types in the fridge.) [:-))]

Electronic gadgets are my main weakness, been afflicted for many many years and passing through Schipol airport twice a month as I currently do doesn't help !

I used to have a bit of a bag fetish but got that one under control, well almost, I still look (after all, electronic gadgets often need a nice little bag to keep them in [:P]) but I can generally manage to resist the urge to buy now [Www]

Oh, and torches, I don't know what that's all about but I must have 30 or more of all descriptions sculling around the place somewhere.

Nectarine. Shoes can get you into all sorts of trouble. A friend of mine ,although he had a few bob, used to use only 2 pairs of shoes,one for work ,one for play. On returning from Bermondsey Market on a Friday he used to get home about 3.oopm have 3 hours sleep ,then get dressed to go to his ex-service-mans club for the evening. Gets out of bed,puts the best pair of shoes on  left at the bedside and goes to the club.After a few drinks and feeling uncomfortable,he looks down and realises they aren't his shoes!!! When I arrived from London later that night,the first question from him,surrounded by a table of his drinking pals [scroungers ] "What size shoes do you wear"?  My reply " Size 9" I won't bother with all the expletives that followed but eventually he did find out who's size 9s they were and a Divorce followed. Too many or in this case too few shoes can get you into all sorts of bother. I never asked asked if the other chap kept his best shoes

Many years after his Divorce and for a Birthday Bash,I had a cartoon done with the shoes etc, unfortunately his ex-wife was at the bash,and his new wife,they were not amused.

Regards.

Couldn't stop but now have. For years during visits to Brittany I used to buy the  kitchen storage pots in pottery/china/enamel .The decorated ones with the The/Sucre/Farine etc. When I got to 250 I was advised by my wife,forcibly,to desist. Hadn't seen any for ages at the usual Brads we visit  but lo and behold at Dinard Brad today,between showers, I spotted 3 sets. On looking at todays France Ouest I realise why they have suddenly surfaced.There is a picture of a set valueing them at 30-200euros ???? I must be doing something wrong as I tried to sell 200+ for 500euros and got no takers. I also collected 27 of the old lunch pails in coloured enamel but they have also been hidden away in the shed. Collecting is now a no-no.

There is a hidden message in this posting!!!

Regards.