Carbon Footprint

krusty

Your footprint is
3.62 planets

We've also calculated your carbon footprint, which is 14.02 tonnes per annum.

I've always said, I wanted to make a mark with my short time here!

Don't think this will be a problem anyway, because a combination of the recession / Middle East / America / Terrorism / China / North Korea / Vampires / Liverpool FC / Amy Winehouse / *the next worldwide event to cause mass hysteria when the previous ones have been gotten used to will probably end the planet anyway.

*insert next scare as applicable.

[quote user="ErnieY"][quote user="powerdesal"]upper limit of 35 hours air travel is a joke. I do at least 56 hrs a year.[/quote]If you want a pi**ing contest Steve including chopper flights but excluding any non work related flights I average around 85 hours a year [:P] [:D]

[/quote]

Rotary wing doesn't count    [:P]

I concede

Tonight, I  saw that they are heating the football pitches so the games can take place ( because of the cold); try to imagine the wasted energy that it represents , and all the industry fumes etc.. so I thought what I individually try to do is pointless after all.

Une goutte d eau dans l'océan..

Tongiht I had a relaxing bath with lots of bath foam, and NO I don't feel guilty!!!!!!

Une goutte d'eau dans l'océan...

ou, la goutte d'eau qui fait déborder le vase?

I'm in the process of planting 3 ha woodland surplus

to my footprint, so continue to enjoy your pleasures guilt-free, Frenchie, they're covered! [:)]

Prof. James Lovelock (Gaia Theory) thinks our efforts are too little, too late for humankind, but that the planet will survive regardless. To stop producing more humans would, I suppose, be the single most effective strategy to aid the planet's recovery.  So, it's Thai Green Kiddi Paste for supper. Miam, miam!

[quote user="PhilPat"]Today I explained the concept of a carbon footprint to a French friend but she had never heard of it.  What is the French phrase for 'carbon footprint'?[/quote]

Empreinte carbone / écologique

EDIT: Géant started printing it on their packaging last year.