What are you having today?

Frenchie

As it's the 1st August, I thought I'd cook according to the weather, rather than the season. [8-)].  It's cold and very wet so I'm going more for comfort food. Asparagus followed by lamb shanks, mash and veg, and I can't decide on dessert,  maybe treacle sponge pudding and custard.

Starter: Melon

Main: Lamb curry, masala dahl and rice

Dessert: Fresh raspberries

I also thought I'd serve according to the weather. It's 1st August, and it's wet and chilly. OH is out helping till lunchtime at an international camp at Windsor, starting today for 5000+ Scouts. He's going to be very pleased with my food choice! I feel sorry for the poor scouts and their leaders!

Jo

Salade Lyonnaise (diced new pots, lardons, spring onion, cherry toms), followed by a really tasty peach for lunch. 

Dinner - probably a warm red mullet salad, with lashings of rose.  A slice of yesterday's leftover almond and nectarine tart with a blob of ice cream.  Oh and lashings more rose.

Lunch - courgette and sundried tomato frittata, follwed by melon with fresh raspberry puree

Dinner - pan-fried pork chop with prune, apple and shallot confit

I think my whole life revolves around food!  At this time of year it's all about trying to use the multitude of fresh produce from the garden.  Food glorious food! [:D] 

Breakfast:  boiled eggs with the "no-kneading" brown bread I made last night.

Lunch:  tomato and courgette (both from the veg patch) tart with a large green salad.  Twix with cup of tea.

Dinner:  will be fish curry followed by melon as dessert.

Unfortunately, I am still on the wagon so no wine of any colour [:(] but maybe a less-than-1% beer at apéro time[:)]

I love your posts, give me ideas.

Gardian, I like that salade lyonnaise, and Paw, that fritatta makes me think tomorrow I 'll cook a tarte à la tomate et au chèvre .

Accompagné d' une salade verte, et d'un bon verre de rosé ..........

C'est parfait !! [;-)]

[quote user="Dog"] corgette bread, [/quote]

Can you share the recipe for that, please, as it sounds interesting and we have a lot of courgettes in the veg plot?

Have to say I am not completely veggie, but, due to widespread arthritis since I was 25, I don't eat any red meat - due to acid content and personal choice - but I do struggle to find interesting recipes as I am of the not-a-very-good-cook-variety.

Sue

[quote user="Dog"]Falafels, corgette bread, quinoa and roasted vegetables, ladies fingers in spicy tomato sauce, & blackberry tart.[/quote]

Dog, that sounds absolutely yummy but also a lorra, lorra work!

What is courgette bread?

I won't be able to buy ladies fingers locally; would have to go to the Asian supermarket in Bordeaux Lac.

You should really post some of your vegetarian recipes on the Forum.  I guess quite a few people on here would give it a go if they realised what delicious meals could be created this way.