What are you having today?

Frenchie

Courgette bread

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1278/courgette-herb-bread.aspx

leave out the honey and add more herbs to choice.

We are making this in the wood oven as we have a glut of courgettes.

It's not much work my wifelet does it all!

You can get gumbos at Grand Frais.

People tend to eat and cook what they know and grew up with - it takes a few minutes and a little thought to eat much more adventurously and better.

Blackberries are enormous and plentiful here at the moment. I even found some that are red when ripe.

There also lots of wild plums about and groseiles.

I have my eye on the blackcurrants at the ends of the vine rows - I have told the farmer they are ready to eat but he says he doesn't like them.

I am covetting his pomegranites as he dislike them too and for the last few years gives them to me.

They are ginormous this year.

We are drying our tomato and chilli glut.

Any ideas what to do with a massive crop of potatoes?

Grape crop should be enormous this year and it's finally raining!

Thank you for the recipe, Dog.  I think I'll have a go tomorrow.  We have courgettes coming out of our ears. 

"It's not much work my wifelet does it all!"  Seeing as Mrs Dog does it all, no wonder you don't think it's much work[:P]

Pomegranates!  Now, those I do love.  The seeds look so beautiful, just like jewels.  I want to grow a pomegranate tree but not sure where to get one.

Happy Eating, everybody!  Oh, I so LOVE to eat.....

Edit:  I don't have sesame seeds but I have some caraway seeds in the pantry and I bet the bread'll taste nice with caraway seeds.....yum!

Frenchie, since I updated my browser, I seem to have lost the ability to just highlight the http line and paste it here.

However, I have copied this site out for you but you'll have to do whatever to access it......Sorry!

homecooking.about.com/od/nutrecipes/Nut_Recipes.htm.

Hope it works.

I adore pecan nuts but they always seem to only feature in recipes that are fattening and sweet!

BTW, I have now eaten up all last year's walnuts and am waiting for the new season's nuts.  I like to roast them lightly and eat a handful with dried apricots or Agen prunes if I don't feel like lunch.

Dog, are you about?  Just want you to know that I made the courgette bread and it was LOVELY!  Has a nice, golden colour so looks good as well.

Didn't have sesame seeds or basil but used caraway seeds and parsely from the garden.

I was worried the amount of water was so little, only 100 mls but, after checking the recipe, I went ahead.  Still puzzled as to why the amount of water is so small compared to typically between 350 and 425 mls. 

No scientist, moi, so I just accept that some things will always be incomprehensible to me........

Thanks again, Dog and, if you have further ideas for non-meat dishes, I'm keen to be introduced to them.

Bon appétit!