Quillan is offering a prize!!!!!!

woolybanana

[quote user="woolybanana"]

For the best answer to the question posed by Mr. Blair,

"Why don't my people love me?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237283/Tony-Blair-Its-Britain-people-dont-like-me.html

My attempt:             Because they know you too well.

[/quote]

Because he is a lying scumbag, who has disgraced the Labour party with his  money grabbing lifestyle. What a shame John Smith never lived to show him and us what a real leader would have been like.

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="woolybanana"]

For the best answer to the question posed by Mr. Blair,

"Why don't my people love me?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237283/Tony-Blair-Its-Britain-people-dont-like-me.html

My attempt:             Because they know you too well.

[/quote]

Because he is a lying scumbag, who has disgraced the Labour party with his  money grabbing lifestyle. What a shame John Smith never lived to show him and us what a real leader would have been like.

[/quote]

That's exactly my take on it, Nick.  Now, I loathe the man more than ever.  If what he's done's so admirable, he would surely not have felt the need to defend it.

Dreadful sham and his wife is, if anything, more dreadful.

Good morning peoplez. I am sorry but you have been misinformed and I am not offering a prize (not too sure where that idea came from).

If however I was offering a prize I think I would have to choose between Steve and Richard with regards to GB although I am a bit disappointed that Richard didn't mention revenge for Culloden as well.

I was wondering about Scottish devolution and them becoming a separate country, would they ask for extradition or could we simply return him under the security act what with him being a danger to Englands security and an undesirable alien? [;-)]

As to TB well I don't think there are any other words left in the English dictionary that have not already been correctly used to describe him although war criminal comes to my mind.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Not much room for negotiation then Steve![/quote]

I might, just possibly, be prepared to negotiate on the "barsteward" part, given notarised proof of his parents marriage, in triplicate + independent verification from whoever conducted the marriage ceremony, and a sworn statement from the witnesses to it......................................but then again...........

1) He came to power on the back of a santimonious (sp?) campaign highlighting 'tory sleeze'. He promised to be whiter than white - then when (to not much surprise) it proved that his NuLab MPs were just as, if not more, sleezy he offered the defence that 'all politicians are the same' which slanders many public-spirited MPs all round the house.

2) He took the country to war based on a false prospectus. G Bush and the USA praised him so much for his kind words after 9/11 that he became incapable of independent action.

3) He gave away Maggie's EU rebate so as to curry EU favour hoping to become president.

4) He left us with Broon, (see posts above).

5) Worst of all he was ineffectual in ensuring that there was sufficient in planing for post-war Iraq.

Shortly before his death, a lovely man for whom I had done some work and with whom I remained in contact, told me what he had done before retirement. He (L) had had one of those hush-hush jobs with a certain government establishment as a "profiler". He had a knack - and had been highly trained - to "see through" people. So whenever a new face appeared on the national or international scene, L would have to study them and tell MI-something-or-other whether or not he or she represented a risk to National Security. (Since then, I often wondered what L made of me but I guess he didn't consider me too much of a risk to the nation's safety.)

It was at the time of the 1994 Labour leadership contest - between, I think, Brian Gould, John Prescott, Margaret Beckett and a certain Tony Blair. So I asked L what he made of the contestants. He said he had already been studying Blair, as the outright favourite. He was by far the most likely to get to the top, and by far the most dangerous. He was an ambitious man on a mission who could convince enough people of his sincerity to get the support he needed. L feared the worst if TB won the contest....

A pity, perhaps, that L had retired. Maybe if MI-wotsit had been able to listen to his assessment, they would have had TB taken out back then.

Or maybe L was making it all up.

I was told a story about TB a few years back. On his election campaign he visited a football ground (sorry I can't remember which one) and gave a speech about why people should vote for Labour and for him. During the speech he mentioned that he used to visit the club with his dad and sit in the terraces watching the football. A chap who had supported the club for many years said that at the time he would have visited the stadium was all standing. He said how could anyone vote for somebody who clearly lied. He went on to say that if he lied about that what else is he capable of lying about, obviously, as it turns out, a very wise man.

To be a good politician you have to have all of the aforementioned assets and to be a world class leader you need a few extra as well. Anyway TB has done ok for himself, made a bit of dosh and is quite successful. I bet everyone here wishes they had his pension pot. One of his biggest plus points is that he managed to destroy any small amount of credibility that the labour party ever had. So for that alone it should be arise Sir Tony.

Exactly RH.

The problem is that the Tories have policies but they don't have a manifesto until next year (hopefully) and we all know that what a party considers a policy may not be in their manifesto. A policy is much easier to wriggle out of than a manifesto commitment.

The Conservatives are doing now what Labour did to get in, keep quiet and let the others hang themselves. The problem is of course that Labour are still doing the same thing. It's a bit like the game of dare or chicken to see who comes out with a manifesto first. Seeing that most of the changes announced at the last 'mini' budget will take effect after the next election and are not really reversible I fear the UK won't be much better off under the Conservatives either. Thats the thing, people want Labour out but who are they seriously going to put in their place. I don't want to see labour returned but I don't know who should take their place. I have an excuse not to vote, I don't live there anymore which is my 'cop out' because to be honest I don't have a clue as to who I would vote for. The only thing I feel strongly about is getting the troops home but I can't see any party saying that they will really do this if elected.

There are no words strong enough to describe the disgust, hatred and loathing I have of that War Criminal....with the blood of a good, honest man - Dr David Kelly - on his hands.   As well as the deaths of our troops out in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But slightly off topic re change of Government...

I don't get the feeling that the Tories really 'want' to win the next Election;  it's more a case of they'll be elected because the British public are sick of the Commie student Traitors.   It's the Tories - as always - who'll have to pick up the pieces after the country's been kicked to it's knees by the Commie b------s - but this time there's the Cult of Global Warming, and the EUSSR that will be mill-stones around their necks - and make their job ten times worse.    Plus the social cohesion and the 'we're in this together mateys' attitude seems to have been bred out of the UK character as well.    So it's going to be damn tough for the Tories, they don't have a strong leader like Thatcher (who knew damn well what was needed and was prepared to kick any of the useless wet-men right where it hurts to make sure things were done her way).  

I would half like to see Labour 'win' the next election - and then to have to face Joe Public when all the cuts in jobs and services will HAVE to take place.   That would be poetic justice.   But this load of Traitors would still then have another 4 or 5 years to finish the total destruction of the UK - which they've pretty much done by now anyway - but they'd take the chance to finally finish the job.  Anyways, there's plenty more for another day !!!!!

As for '...getting the troops home...can't see any party saying that they will really do this....' - sorry but there IS one party that will.   And please - before you all shout at me - I'd suggest you read some of the comment pages from Joe Public on pages in the Telegraph, the Independent, the Times - all from the most unexpected people who are really determined to vote for 'That' Party.   If you were to read these comments you might realise that there is real, real, wide-spread anger and frustration in the UK; a feeling that the present bunch of Traitors have to go ASAP; but there is general unease about the Tories (BlueLabour is one of many apt descriptions); a feeling that the politcal 'elites' - LabConLib - have stitched up the UK, that they're all as bad as one another - and that there is time for a real change - and many people - from surprising quarters - are seriously considering voting for 'That' Party.

And yes - I'm interested in politics; my money is tied up in the UK; my family and grand-children live in the UK - and I care for what future they may have - and for what we may be leaving behind.

Oh dear look at the time - think it's time for my nip of whisky..

Oh - and the worst crime of BLiar ?   - to inflict images of that grotesque 'thing' of a wife of his in all the photos and images for the New Year - New Century 2000 celebrations;   those photos will be taken out every 10, 20, 25, 50 years - just think of our great-grandchildren having to look at that ------- face....Mr & Mrs BLiar's images to be inflicted on the next 10 generations of children.   That HAS to be the worst thing he's done.  !!!!!!!!!     (Oh I'm sorry - probably too flippant - but wanted to lighten the tone after my previous rant about the b-----d and his commie colleagues)

Nighty night -

Chessie

[quote user="chessie"]

"but this time there's the Cult of Global Warming, and the EUSSR that will be mill-stones around their necks"

[/quote]

One thing about 'That party' (and UKIP as well) is that they also stand to withdraw the UK from the EU. Don't you think if you voted or supported them you would be shooting yourself in the foot? Bang goes your automatic right to live in France or anywhere else in Europe. If your a pensioner you will loose your reciprocal health care rights (your E121 will no longer be valid - it is after all an EU system hence the letter E) and you will probably have to re-apply as a person from a non EU state immigrant, the same as say an Arab or a Nigerian. The problems the UK leaving the EU would cause (to the EU) would probably mean we are all thrown out (just out of pure spite) on our ear anyway.

"I don't get the feeling that the Tories really 'want' to win the next Election;"

To be honest I did say some months back and even before the last election that you don't want to win if you are any other party than Labour. The thing is people want change but its not going to happen for a very long time because the UK is 'committed' to much to too many things now. Labour have ensured their crazy policies will continue long after they have gone. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending Labour, I have never voted Labour, but people really have to stop being naive about things changing overnight for the better, it just won't happen, it will take many, many, years to undo what Labour has done. For example they have legislated over 3,600 new laws since they came in to office as opposed to just over 900 when the Tories were last in power. There are a load that need repealing but it will take a long time. Because of this I can see many people complaining about the Tories (who will probably win) in four years time saying nothing has changed, they are as bad as the last lot.

I was also wondering, just as a side issue how happy you are with the racist and anti semitic part of their policies?

Quillan - totally agree with you - believe it or not.

But - and we both ought to be careful here because the posts could become far too long.

I disagree with a lot that the Commie b---s who call themselves Labour stand for;  I disagree a lot with what the BlueLab stand for;  and what do the LibDems stand for anyway....

We ALL know that what's contained in a manifesto is NOT a promise - it's not binding - it doesn't mean a thing.

I really don't want to vote for 'That' Party.

But it would be a shot across the bows of all the smug b-----s who've got us into this mess.    As you rightly point out the Commie b----s have 'committed the UK to so much, and passed so many new laws it will take a generation to unpick.   So if 'that' Party were to be voted in - or even held balance of power - it would take a long while to unpick. 

But it would be a helluva shock to the 'gilded elites' in the EUSSR and the 'establishment' - and for that alone it just has - just this once - to be worth it.  

As for the UK 'leaving' the EUSSR - nah - would take a revolution in the UK for that happen - and Revolution and Back-Bone and Spirit and Character seems to have been bred out of the population nowadays.   Look at all the whinging going on about a few inches of snow falling - 'Chicken Little and the World's coming to an end'....sigh

And as for 'kicking the Brits out of France' - yes sure the French might do - but then they'd be saying goodbye to all the UK subsidies for the French Agricultural Policy; all the money that the UK gives to the French Health service - what is it £4000 per person per year; and then there's all the French people in the UK - there's twice as many French people living in the UK than there are Brits in France.....so would France be happy to take back more numbers than they 'kicked out'  ?

Anyway - can I claim the prize for 'Best Reason to 'not like' that lying b----d' -   all the photo's we'll be seeing of them for the next 50 years ?

You are the Great Quillan and I claim the prize !!!

Bye for now

Chessie

Hi Chessie

What is the EUSSR? Is it part of the eu democratic process? The party you talk about sounds really really interesting I would like to hear more about them, who are they, what their policies are and do they have a published manifesto.