Hello, and I'm Erica

Erica

I wasn't too sure where to post an 'introduction' post, so thought I'd drop by here and say 'Hello'.

My name is Erica and I'm planning a move to France, so am finding all the information on this forum a wonderful resource. I'm married to Nick and we have a two year old daughter, Sienna-Rose. I hope to make some 'e-friends' here, and look forward to joining in on some of the discussions once I have had a really good look around :0)

I'm a children's book illustrator, I also write children's books and illustrate for magazines, greetings cards etc.

So, I hope everyone, whether here in Britain or across the 'Manche', is having a lovely Saturday evening.

My website, which is in dire need of updating is http://www.ericajanewaters.com and I also have a blog where I post up my silly scribblings, odd dollies and general day to day daftness - http://www.ericas-attic.blogspot.com

I look forward to being involved,

Best wishes,

Erica

Welcome to the Forum.  It is a friendly place to be.  There are one or two grumpy old men, who don't mean any harm (they know who they are...).  But they are probably watching the rugby (France is playing England in a minute) and so they won't be online tonight.  Just us girls...  [:D]

[quote user="Cathy"]Welcome to the Forum.  It is a friendly place to be.  There are one or two grumpy old men, who don't mean any harm (they know who they are...).  But they are probably watching the rugby (France is playing England in a minute) and so they won't be online tonight.  Just us girls...  [:D]

[/quote]

Thank the gods that's not me-  rugby is far too homoerotic for my liking.

I escaped Northamptonshire and I wish you luck in your escape plans.

I used to produce books.

Hello, Erica

I had a very good friend from the Northampton area who was also an illustrator.  I have put all this in the past tense because it's a fair few years since I was in touch with her.

At that time, she lived in Wellingborough and she did some very good illustrations for the BBC Good Food Guide.

My OH loved her style which has something above pretty-pretty:  she used colours brilliantly and there was always something whimsical about her work.  Your work reminds me a bit of hers.[:)]

[quote user="Dog"]

[quote user="Cathy"]Welcome to the Forum.  It is a friendly place to be.  There are one or two grumpy old men, who don't mean any harm (they know who they are...).  But they are probably watching the rugby (France is playing England in a minute) and so they won't be online tonight.  Just us girls...  [:D]

[/quote]

Thank the gods that's not me-  rugby is far too homoerotic for my liking.

I escaped Northamptonshire and I wish you luck in your escape plans.

I used to produce books.

[/quote]

So you see, Erica: not all the GOM are watching the rugby.

Welcome.

And I'm now off to watch it.

[:D]

Oh my Goodness! I'm so pleased to hear from you all :0)

I live in a little village near Kettering, it's a little escape from Kettering/Northampton which are both full of boarded up shops unfortunately :0(

I'm originally from Northern Ireland, but have lived here in England longer than anywhere...obviously, not my cup of tea. I do love a lot about England but could never, ever possibly afford the house or the area I've always dreamed of.  I'm not rich, (people think I must be because I've had books published!), but am hoping for a fairly simple, but realistic lifestlye in France. Nick, Sienna and I are looking around Perigord Vert or Noir, or if need be West Correze, near Beaulieu sur dordogne, (please excuse my spelling). We've had it with the East Midlands and realise that life is short, so it's now or never. We fell in love with the region on our honey moon, and have visited every year, to the same gite, eight years in a row.

I'm quite ready for any GOM, I'm actually quite interested to know what the forum's know-it-alls have to say ;0) 

So, thanks sooooo much for saying hi, and I'll be back with a squillion questions very soon!!

Off to watch Titanic...again.

Erica

x

Welcome to the forum Erica. I too love your illustrations, you are very talented.

Will look forward to reading your posts in the future. By the way, I also fall into the know-it-all category because I don't watch rugby either. [:)]

[quote user="Perigord Princess"]

I wasn't too sure where to post an 'introduction' post, so thought I'd drop by here and say 'Hello'.

My name is Erica and I'm planning a move to France, so am finding all the information on this forum a wonderful resource. I'm married to Nick and we have a two year old daughter, Sienna-Rose. I hope to make some 'e-friends' here, and look forward to joining in on some of the discussions once I have had a really good look around :0)

I'm a children's book illustrator, I also write children's books and illustrate for magazines, greetings cards etc.

So, I hope everyone, whether here in Britain or across the 'Manche', is having a lovely Saturday evening.

My website, which is in dire need of updating is http://www.ericajanewaters.com and I also have a blog where I post up my silly scribblings, odd dollies and general day to day daftness - http://www.ericas-attic.blogspot.com

I look forward to being involved,

Best wishes,

Erica

[/quote]

Erica, You should use the www button for your site and the web log button for your blog, you just have to fill in the links in your profile

You are also allowed one clickable link under your sig. That way you don't have to kep posting the links in the body of your posts.

Welcome to the forum [:)]

Thank-you Russethouse :0) I wondered about the 'link' thing I'll have a look tomorrow and update my profile.

Hi Swissie, MH'boro is only 10 minutes down the road from us. It's a lovely town :0)

Right, I really must go to bed now!

Again, so happy for all the welcome comments :0)

Erica

x

[quote user="Weedon"]What lovely memories are stirred by just 2 words....Rugby and Erica. Happy days! As Max Boyce would say, "I was there".[/quote]

Oh darling Weedy.  You made me smile.  Oh yes, I remember it well...

For those who don't, cut and paste the following link:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00799/Erica_Roe_350x450_799570a.jpg

[quote user="Chancer"]

Did you say "what lovely mammaries"? [;-)]

[/quote]

[:D][:D] I walked into that one Chancer.

Gordon Bennett, Cathy!! Isn't the memory a strange thing? Places visited years ago as a small child never seem to be quite the same, or as good, when seen in later years. But thanks Cathy, you have made a GOM very happy.[:$]

Special thanks must go to Erica the OP who never imagined in her wildest dreams where her post would lead, but that's the beauty of the forum isn't it....we can just shuffle off down our own little leafy lane in France before "Ey oop" here comes the topic prefect[kiss]

Hi Erica,

And welcome also.  Before all the places my add says I lived, I was also a N'tonshire (just) dweller, south of Kettering though, in Rushden, which I learnt to pronounce as the locals did and was praised for it (never told 'em it was easy, as I'm originally from much futher north, and the broad acres do allow you a broader vowel sound to be delivered!!!).  Only moved because of jobs, though I can see that East Midlands has some limitations in culture, and other exitements, though probably no less than in some parts of rural France.

I never wrote a book, or even illustrated one, but I read plenty of them in my previous life (information and libraries!), and did once try for a job with what was then Octopus locally, organising their library of published title s- hence I do know a good book when I see one!

It's a small world, and you will find many such connections between the forumees here, who as has already been said, will, on the whole, be very happy to help you along the way.

Sounds like Erica may be living in Rowell spelled Rothwell.

Plenty of tradition there - they are all crazies - the fair starts with men on horses one has a rolled up charter the others have sticks and the drunken hooligans have to get the charter. No rules and it gets a bit violent to say the least but less than Bottle Kicking at Hallaton which is like a full scale battle.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Welcome Erica. I don't watch rugby either. And I produced a cover, edited and formatted a book once.[/quote]

and I read a book once [:P]

And yes I do watch the rugby and shout at the TV

And yes I do have my grumpy moments [:(]  .... but not many [:)] Life's too short