Please give me hope...

alittlebitfrench

How does that work?..........

........easily I would imagine. I reckon that there are quite a few brit expats who don't learn french or learn little, and also make little effort to understand the society they are living in and how different it is to that which they are used to, and assume 'their' way is right.

I lived in France for a very long time and there are  things french that are good, and bad and also things I am indifferent to.... just a different way of living.  But if I had been anti french I would not have stayed, never mind so long!

Sounds like you have encountered idiots, best stay away from them really isn't it[:D]

Just wondering.......... how much of you is 'french'?

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Oh...nothing special. Bit of a bust up on another forum with just fecin racist idiots that seem to have contempt towards France and everything French. Even those who run the 'Anglo/French' site are just anti France. How does that work ?

Chancer your views are wasted on that idiot site.[/quote]

Why, what has happened on the site? I look in regularly and haven't seen anything like you describe recently at least. :/

Over-reaction.

When I read of someone talking about black workers in France I think of people working on the black regardless of their race, another person takes it as being racist towards the French, cant see the reason myself.

I have just sent a load of stuff to the "jungle" at Calais, I cant go with it myself tomorrow as I have a competition but will be there on the next trip, if I report edback that the majority of the refugees  saw there were are black, if they were, is that racist?

Intentional or not Chancer it was very badly worded. I know my brother in law (who suffers racism in France) would have taken it the wrong way. Maybe it is a generational thing. I am sure that the OP did not mean it like that but to my generation it would have been perceived as being racist. Remember, not many people have heard of the phrase 'working on the black'. Certainly French people would not have got it. Furthermore, the OP was so glad to have 'given' his new friends 50 euros. If it was a warehouse, it is actually 'customary' in Paris to tip warehouse staff for loading and unloading. Our guys use to 'try and get tips'. So I doubt that they were working on the black and in which case saw the OP coming. LOL.

The thing is mods are so quick to expel people for being so called 'trolls' yet allow a thread like that to stand. I was watching that thread all day just to see if was going to be taken down. But no. Other French bashing threads are allowed stand as well. I don't get it.

Back to earlier comment in this thread of me being a troll. I am not a troll. I have been in France for 20 odd years and I am only 43. I see life differently to retired folk because I have pretty much grown up here if you like and worked like normal people. I do belong to another 'French forum' (more of a I need help/in trouble French forum) and I am even more out spoken but I have never been banned because I try to help people. But that forum is more international and is moderated correctly and they get my humour.

Lastly, I NOT A MEMBER of any Portugal forum/holiday home or whatever forum or any other forum not related to France. If you are reading this Mysty or please somebody tell him before he goes mad. Where on earth did that come from ? LISTEN, I DON'T HAVE A HOLIDAY HOME IN PORTUGAL. WHOEVER IS ANNOYING YOU ON WHATEVER FORUM IT IS.....IT IS NOT ME. You paranoid butch of nutters. Whenever I pop up on the grid I will tell you if it is me.

Mimis.

They have changed the title of that thread. :)

I certainly don't see ALBF as a troll and have defended him in the past but in this particular instance was perhaps being a bit sensitive. As Chancer said, it is a site for English speakers in France and it is a term commonly used.

Are you banned again?

Alittlebitfrench said  "not many people have heard of the phrase 'working on the black'. Certainly French people would not have got it."

A lot of our neighbours would certainly have got it. We have talked about it several times and it's a well known French saying in this part of the country. I certainly wouldn't see anything racist in the expression, just some clown asking for trouble along with the person doing the paying.

I agree with you Jonzjob  - I was going to make the same point. I've often heard french people say it, and seen it used often in french newspapers.

ALBF - I think you're oversensitive about any comments which could be anti-French.  In the issue which seems to have upset you I couldn't see any anti-french attitudes.

On the other hand I have witnessed someone who whilst not mean spirited is quite ignorant talking with a friend of mine that he fancies, he treats her as his chou-chou, she showed him a picture of her then new boyfriend probably to cool his ardour, the picture was of an afro-caribean, he exclaimed "c'est un black!" and she was visibly shocked at his use of the pejorative, at which point he started backtracking, saying he had nothing against them his-self, had some friends who were noire etc etc etc but was just digging a bigger hole .

Thanks everyone who thinks ALBF is not a troll. Much appreciated.

'Paris is a dump and full of blacks' was the title of the thread. Sorry hoddy (luv the name..big thumbs up) just need to clarify that point in this debate. Promise not to cross reference forum to forum again. ('Blackball' are the rules of 'pool hendrixfans in France. LOL Same in Scotland. Google it....someone tell him.

I used to work in the Paris suburbs. It was as close to living France as you will ever get.....IMHO

If you attack France on a French forum it is OK. If you attack the person who is attacking France on a French forum....you are a troll.

Reading through the 10 years + of posts on this forum(and I have), I am glad to see that this forum does not have the same policy.

P.S CR...join this forum.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]  ....IMHO

If you attack France on a French forum it is OK. If you attack the

person who is attacking France on a French forum....you are a troll.

.[/quote]

No one is calling you a troll for attacking a person,  I

called you a troll because your way of posting ALBF ecully, frippon,

styleanglais or what ever your name is this week. I read the the piece

about workers on the black and that was what it was, you tried to make

something else out of it. As for living in France for twenty odd years

and believing that French people don't know about working on the black,

you must have lead a very sheltered life?

Nick P.

.....I got banned for being ALBF....why I don't no. I came back as Fripon (name of the kids ex cat) because I can't use my original name....ALBF. I got banned again and came back as 'styleanglais' because I can't use ALBF or Fripon. I got banned again. I came back as 'Ecully' because I could not use, ALBF, Fripon (my ex cat), styleanglais.

I am NOT a TROLL. There are darker forces at work here.

I am going to start a new thread.

ALBF said:

'Paris is a dump and full of blacks' was the title of the thread.

Actually the title was: 'It's Official Paris is a dump and full of black Workers''

You have either purposely or accidentally misquoted the title to suggest that the article's title was a reference to race rather than unregistered workers.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Nick P.

.....I got banned for being ALBF....why I don't no. I came back as Fripon (name of the kids ex cat) because I can't use my original name....ALBF. I got banned again and came back as 'styleanglais' because I can't use ALBF or Fripon. I got banned again. I came back as 'Ecully' because I could not use, ALBF, Fripon (my ex cat), styleanglais.

I am NOT a TROLL. There are darker forces at work here.

I am going to start a new thread.[/quote]

Sounds a bit like one of our neighbours who moved in a year back. He's had 4 moves in a local town in quick succession. All because he had desperate bad luck with the neighbours.

And now it seems to be happening again and I thought that after 10 years of us living here all was well, until a year back that is??[8-)]

He is obviously a very unlucky person [Www] but he must be right, he said so [Www]

[quote user="JSKS"]ALBF said:

'Paris is a dump and full of blacks' was the title of the thread.

Actually the title was: 'It's Official Paris is a dump and full of black Workers''

You have either purposely or accidentally misquoted the title to suggest that the article's title was a reference to race rather than unregistered workers.[/quote]

Accidentally BTW (does not really change much though) ........but I gave you (re-read the thread) an explanation as to why the OP may have been mistaken in thinking they were working on the black. But like I said, it does not change much.

P.S...I refuse to accept that Paris is a dump. I love Paris. Even the suburbs.

I think I have become irritated by this thread now.

OFCOURSE, the french know what working on the black is, IF said in french!!!!! It is a very current expression in France.

And I have no idea if there ever was an article that said, 'it's official etc etc etc'......... quite possible that there was somewhere or other.  And you don't need to live in Paris to see the real France. French cities have enough 'normal' life as do many french towns and even some villages, if one is interested enough in how people live.

Never thought you were a troll ALBF, I have been accused of that when I first posted on this board.......[:-))]