Xmas greetings

woolybanana

Tension is high here in the household. Is Santa on the way, has he forgotten us, will he come? We have been looking out of the window at every noise, every flashing light.

The reindeer have their carrot, Santa has his mince pie and a glass of hooch (Bobo the poor sod must be pissed which accounts for the odd presents sometimes!)

So, may I wish you all the happeist, joyful and magical of

Yuuls and the best of festivities if you have any. Which includes Norman, ALBF, and Poordick, plus my beloved Nimt and Doudoune, entre autres.

Be happy, people, and if ypu can, amke theneffort to love the aforementioned characters!

Thank you, WB, and to you too ... not watching for Santa, but for many years, will not be eating on our own tomorrow, as we have invited a French friend round who would be otherwise on her own.  Still not sure whether to cook beef (with 3 people who all like it cooked to a different level) or go for the duck!!  I have both in case!!!!!

Spent the afternoon whilst preparing the sproutsn and such !,  listening to Radio 4 and the 9 lessons and carols from Kings, then saw the TV version, first time I've seen / heard both, and I much preferred the radio version (Mint, Norman H) so now I feel ready for the big day, but have no expectations of Santa arriving, nor do I intend to wake up early to see if he did indeed come.

But Merry Christmas to all, believers, or not ... we need to enjoy it, regardless of whatever bl***y B****t might bring next year !!

Well said Judith ........ and WB for that matter.

All quiet here in the Gard - no Yellow Peril, no bloody Brexit, no ........ well, whatever hisses one off.

After all our ‘travails’ of the last month or so, our younger son’s presence here (from far-away Czech) is a pleasure. Just a shame that we can’t all be in the UK with the rest of the family. Never mind.

My very best wishes to everybody on here for an enjoyable festive period + health & happiness in 2019.

Happy Christmas one and all, peace on earth, double helpings of goodwill all round, and a game of footy in no man's land first thing tomorrow!

For those in less than sterling health, may you see an upturn in your fortunes and may 2019 be a better year.

The GJ's were still kicking off in Carcassonne yesterday, but they are gradually putting a few in the pokey, so hopefully Santa will get through, as long as he stays off the Autoroutes.

So hoping he gets through to fill your stockings and you all enjoy the best Christmas ever!

To all my virtual friends, it's still not too late to say bonne fin d'année[:)]

Hope you have all had a thoroughly enjoyable day and are now snoozing it all off.  I must say we really enjoyed our walk in the warm sunshine this afternoon and, at my age, I think I'll readily exchange a white Christmas for a balmy one!  Cheers[B]

Well, I did allow myself a tiny glass of rosé....as I said to OH, I don't mind accepting that alcohol can increase your chance of getting breast cancer but I wasn't going to jeopardise my diet that I have been following for over 2 months....