"Covid or Brexit? Which sh*tshow do you want to talk about?"

mint

Quite obviously you can't see another way! As for being patient. It is limitless. As for helping you, well I'm afraid you don't seem to want to learn. I will try for the last time: You said "Trump believes this to be true but it's not the truth". The second part of that statement is your belief, not Trumps. He believes it to be true and so it is the truth, to him at least.

As for being dim, well I really don't know you well enough to form an opinion about that. You don't really help your case though.

Anyway..

Is it not time folks got over Brexit ?

I was reading the unmentionable forum today and they are still tearing each other apart over it. For crying out loud. It is finished.

The owners have lost all their income...I get that.

But it is time to let go. We live in Brexit world now.

It is all part of life rich tapestry....as my dad used to say.

Spring is in the air folks. Birds are singing...

Chill everyone and be happy.

I agree with you completely but unfortunately I doubt it will happen, at least not in the foreseeable future. Some people who wanted to remain perceive any changes as detrimental and rarely

, if ever, criticise the E/U/ Those who voted to leave defend their position passionately when criticised and so the cycle continues. Personally I would have accepted a remain majority and simply got on with my life, and I'm sure most who voted remain do just that. A shame that a minority can't accept that democracy won and pull for their country instead of criticising it at every turn!

Amen to that Smeggie.

Next thing is to stop arguing over Covid and get over that, and we'll all be fine and dandy and ready for the next show.

Of course there will still be people around who don't differentiate between subjective and objective / fact and opinion / news and fake news, but hopefully in a minority. I can live with that. Pax vobiscum.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Anyway..

Is it not time folks got over Brexit ?

I was reading the unmentionable forum today and they are still tearing each other apart over it. For crying out loud. It is finished.

The owners have lost all their income...I get that.

But it is time to let go. We live in Brexit world now.

It is all part of life rich tapestry....as my dad used to say.

Spring is in the air folks. Birds are singing...

Chill everyone and be happy.[/quote]

Thanks for that. You made my day [:D]

Ken, why so patronising with mint?

As far as I read, mint was using the lamentable Don John as an example of the folly shown by those who start believing in his absolute non-sense.

Still, as we all know, people can believe in a huge amount of things without proof of them actually being true. That is humans for you, all over the world.

Certainly not patronising anyone, at least not intentionally. To do that I think there needs to be discourse and that is impossible with someone with a narrow mind. And yes you are right, I'm sure some still believe in fairies!!!

[quote user="NormanH"]Stirring things up without saying anything useful or helpful is  common in these Fora, but we have recently been infested with these pests that try to sting, but  only manage to stink.

[/quote]

The irrepressible poet coming out in you, Norman?[:)]  Pretty good as rhymes go......[:D]