Need rain? Don't worry, I'm coming next week!

Yes, unfortunately, I'm serious.............it certainly works for the southern Haute Vienne. Each time I've visited the property during the last two years, (and that's every school holiday except Christmas), I've arrived to find it raining, or the rains have come within the first day or so, never more than two.

And to add insult to injury, the local French, although apologetic that I've got rain AGAIN, are all breathing sighs of relief, since they hadn't had any rain for "x" weeks, (where "x" is the number of weeks I WASN'T there!!)

So...............if you need rain, I'm coming over on the 24th July. Oh, and I'll be in the Dordogne near Sarlat from 28th July until 24th August, so watch the weather there, too.

I could even hire myself out to other regions.............any takers?

A very rained on Alcazar

I could even hire myself out to other regions.............any takers?

This is a blatant breach of the forum rules against first person advertising.

What's more, this is not the first time I have seen this member proclaim his 'wares' on the forum.

If anyone wants to pm me I will give my views also on the validity of his claims, so as not to breach the 'name and shame' rule.

Alcazar:  What a great sense of humour.

You can come visit us anytime if you bring rain with you.  We'll even serve you a nice dinner for bringing it !  We are almost always desperate for rain in the summer in the Vaucluse...

But do remember, if you serve dinner in return for rain bringing services, it will constitute payment in kind and so the rain bringer will be deemed professional and you need to ensure that said professional supplier of rain bringing services is registered and insured as a rain bringer before you engage him.

This is important, just think, if he doesn't bring enough rain and your crops fail, so you do not win the coveted biggest carrot competition in the commune fete, if he is not registered and insured, then how will you be claim against him for the damage caused to your self esteem and standing in the village!

Hoddy:  We are down south (east) and I have always wondered why I don't see more snakes around here.  We live just at the foot of the Mt. Ventoux and I would expect to see many, but I rarely see one at all.  Do they only live in greener pastures - say further North??  where it actually does rain..

My Mom lives in the U.S. - North Carolina and this year, they have been inundated with large snakes ....  She is forever in her garden with a huge shovel, trying to kill one - what a picture...

[quote]My little walnut grove is about six miles south of Sarlat and I'd love to invite you to dance under them. Trouble is we seem to have an unusually large number of snakes this year ..... Hoddy[/quote]

Oh wow, and I just saw your other post in "Language".

We will be camping near Castelnaud la Chapelle, which is also about 6 miles south of Sarlat, by my reckoning. (although on the opposite bank of the Dordogne...........do snakes swim rivers that size )

Now being as how snakes are about the only creature on God's earth that I am really afraid of, and I mean REALLY afraid, do you think you could arrange to have a bit of snake clearing done before, say, the 27th July? Drive them all north of Sarlat, why don't you? You could involve all the locals in a sort of snake round up, followed by a snake drive, rather like the old cowboys did with their cattle? Please???

A now very worried and still rained on, Alcazar

It's that stuff that comes down in lumps or thick cords and you can't see where you are going through your windscreen and when you can just see through the gaps in the cords, apart from the noise, you find that you seem to be driving along a bit of a river rather than the road you hoped you were on and leaving a wake. The road seems to be farther ahead and emerging from the river, taking you up to higher ground and really is a reassuring sight. 

And I mustn't forget, it is very very wet.....................

bet you can't guess what we had a couple of days ago

Oh dear Alcazar, I’m sorry to say that I am on the same side of the river as Castelnaud la Chapelle. I love the idea of  a round up – not least because it would give me the excuse to get back on a horse. We could build a camp fire and brand them all LF  before driving them across the river !

Hoddy