Is total France down

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried it, got an SQL Critical Error, how scary!  The message begins.....

Access denied for user 'totalfr_akhmed'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Got to laff really.  Maybe TotalFrance is a cover-up for something more sinister?   "I was discussing this over a drink last night with other-TF-comradevitch" is a code for....... well, for what?   Answers on a postcard. 

Yesterday I got a message saying that their host had to unexpectedly move stuff from one server to another and the rest of the site bar the forums seemed OK. Today all I got was a small blank box coming up and making a lot of clicking noises.

Don't slag David off, he's only the bus driver and he tries. He's one of the most trying people I've ever seen.

Ah well.  Akhmed is still up to his nonsense, the chimney sweep has come and gone, there's no-one else here to argue with (I'm certainly not going to argue with Sir Mad Di, that would be too risky), so I guess I have to do some housework?

Nah, not yet..... a bit of patience, another means of avoidance will turn up! 

Oh hark, a bit of thunder.  Can't possibly do housework in thunder.  Saved!!!    I shall look at these yummy pictures of Monsieur Schwarzenegger for a minute or two.  Or maybe longer.  I agree that he appears to have a very small brain, but it's not his brain I'm looking at.  Short fingers worry me though, ever since someone told me they're a sign of inbreeding, and quite common in the Pyrenees, apparently.

Anyone fancy dropping by for a cuppa Liptons? 

[quote]....possibly they've had a David999 overload. I know I have[/quote]

Is it ok to slag off someone behind their back on this forum?

I don't think David posts here, so if you have something to say about him would it not be better to do it on TF (when it is back up) so that he can respond?

I spoke to Finlay yesterday afternoon - he's apparently stuck rather awkwardly between server systems in the US and programmers in India - the latter with poor and contradictory communications. I've no doubt he's both working hard at it and tearing his hair out trying to get things fixed as soon as possible...

Andrew

[quote]I have been wondering where you were laotze for a while now, nice to see you back.[/quote]

Wow T'Up - you have got some memory!!!!! I got "lost" when the LF forum changed to its new format - for some reason it wouldnt let me on so i went off to become a pink fluffy bunny! Thanx for the welcome back - I am finding the new format a bit hard to get used to though!

[quote]I haven't said anything pejorative - just that some parts of that site aren't exactly my cup of tea, and that some of the undoubted clique in the general discusion area have a strong territorial insti...[/quote]

At least we get good imformative imformation from the (sulky walkout); What do you give Mr Guru?  childish comments i fear.

Kindest regards  Peter Frogmore. 

Its always nice to welcome new members.

While Finlay trys to fix the problem with TF may I offer a warm welcome to old and new friends alike.

To those who find this forum not their 'cup of tea', may I make the suggestion that there are many other forums - for instance http://www.angloinfo.com/ to sample

[quote]At least we get good imformative imformation from the (sulky walkout); What do you give Mr Guru? childish comments i fear. Kindest regards Peter Frogmore.[/quote]

Where did that come from, I can't find the quote you give ?

Glad you could get your head through the door though, to take a look at LF

[quote]Is it ok to slag off someone behind their back on this forum? I don't think David posts here, so if you have something to say about him would it not be better to do it on TF (when it is back up) so...[/quote]

Who is David 999 ? Is he old bill

[quote]Who is David 999 ? Is he old bill[/quote]

Ex Old Bill Miki and even worse, a traffic cop! I must say however thats he ok as ex-cops go.

He is now a moderator on TF and seems to have upset some people on here.

[quote]Ex Old Bill Miki and even worse, a traffic cop! I must say however thats he ok as ex-cops go. He is now a moderator on TF and seems to have upset some people on here.[/quote]

ON HERE Lennon?  Where?  I am aghast     I have never been so gasted.  I didnt think David could upset anyone, here or on TF.

[quote]Ex Old Bill Miki and even worse, a traffic cop! I must say however thats he ok as ex-cops go. He is now a moderator on TF and seems to have upset some people on here.[/quote]

Cripes bunter ! a speed cop disliked, nah don't believe you mind you, ex cops is the bestest, can't do innocents any more harm !!

I really am not sure still, who you are actually talking about to be honest but, I shall keep my beady eye out for a mod with cop undertones on TF now

Ah the joys of outsourcing. Look at all the grief we gave LF when they updated the forum and we got loads of funny messages BUT as far as I understand they kept in all in house and were able to sort it out (kick but where necessary) and even have long and detailed conversations over soft or hard drinks again if necessary.

In a previous incarnation I was involved in the 'new way forward'. I involved my self out of a job and would you believe it but the first company who wanted me to work for them in the good old UK was the good old UK (if you know what I mean).

I feel very sorry for Finlay, I also have bad days - but if they go any further than a day I know the man who owns the company that hosts the servers and can plant a sharp if small size 37 right where it hurts. I need my on-line directory up and running, I changed domain host when I was not happy with the service I was getting and now I have no excuse, I am the person where the buck stops.

Please don't take this the wrong way - but - you do get what you pay for.

If anyone asks a question on TF and no one answers it  David 999 will search and find an answer he does a lot and why, he is a decent guy, so you see a lot of him and thats why one of the previous posters on this posting does not seem to like him because he helps out too much  

[quote]ON HERE Lennon? Where? I am aghast I have never been so gasted. I didnt think David could upset anyone, here or on TF.[/quote]

You're quite right Granny. I've never met a copper who's pink and fluffy but David is. He'd help anyone across the road! Seriously tho' he has probably offered most help to people on TF (except maybe the Hippy) than any other poster.

Hey SB....put the housework off till at least next Tuesday.....maybe up your way, so a cup of anything would be good,Liptons,Pg or if this weather keps up I will provide the Bovril!  Don`t want mr O to think only our house is neglected of housework  Don`t look at Arnie for too long , you will only be dissapointed when your own bag-in belly oooppps I meant six pack walks in!

Mrs O

LATEST FROM TF

LATEST INFO 2 - 21:00 BST 2/8/05: The server move seems to have been completed but it seems that the server technicians have deleted our databases in the process!! In the meantime, we are attempting to restore them from our own backups. Again, we apologise for the inconvenience but we are trying our hardest to bring things back to normal with little or no assistance from the server administrators.